Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: More than 20 units in army Single player Campaign-Success

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: More than 20 units in army Single player Campaign-Success

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    This mod doesn't seem to work in ETW for me. NTW, no problem, but ETW no luck. I can change the saved file allright, but the 40 units simply don't work. Please advise.
    Hi as far as i know Albtraum is now working on Shogun 2.You can follow his work here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10422477

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks, Andre. This is really a sensational development for the Total War series. I've dreamt of bigger armies for a long, long time. Hopefully ETW and perhaps even one day MTW 2 will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Thanks, Andre. This is really a sensational development for the Total War series. I've dreamt of bigger armies for a long, long time. Hopefully ETW and perhaps even one day MTW 2 will follow.
    We all dreamed about it.Our prayers have been heard.

Okay - I am a complete noob. I want to do this and have no idea what an esf editor is and where to get it. Can I have an idiot's guide to performing this pse?

Quote Originally Posted by blow56 View Post
    Okay - I am a complete noob. I want to do this and have no idea what an esf editor is and where to get it. Can I have an idiot's guide to performing this pse?
    Hi all!

Here you have a small guide how i did this.Actually there may be some other metods but allow me to teach you mine.

First you have to download the esf editor im using the 1.4.6 version it works perfect for me.
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_...75&linkid=8783

Attachment 185192

Than download the user script editor.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=342894

Okay start the usp.editor and open save game for Napoleon.Replace(or copy) the saved game that you want to edit to your desktop.
    Close usp.editor and open the esf.editor.Go to file-open saved game.Find the saved game in the window and open it.Next step looks like this

Attachment 185195

After saving the changes in the save game file close esf.editor,open the usp.editor and replace or copy the file back to folder saved games.Close editor.Download Albtraums AlbUIcardmod.rar at page 5 in this thread.Unrar and copy it into the data folder of the game.Open usp editor/user script and type in it the mods full name.Save and close.Now you can run the game and load the edited save game file and play.If you need more help PM me i like to help when time allows me that.Have fun by plaing this wonderfull game.
    (IF YOU LIKE,DONT FORGET TO THANK AND ADD ON REPUTATION TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE ).
    Last edited by Andre J. Jassoch; October 11, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Any one tested this in Shogun 2? Wondering if it will work with darth mod?

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

I'm afraid I need a little bit of help, Andre. I've pm-ed to you.

And your voice have been heard.

hi i have NTW3 mod installed and have just install the small icons mod and also changed the units to 40 max, but the campain crashes in april i think when russia take there turn. i am playing as brits. when i put the save game back to 20 it works again and does not crash is there a way to get around this i dont here many ppl saying about this.

many thanks for any help

EnsignElliott's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Albtraum23 View Post
    Sorry, but I have not enough Time for a faster reply.

Attachment 176095

All what you need is in this rar.

I use HxD hexeditor.
    You can load the org. and the mod.file and click analysis and you find out easily what i have done.

I have a lot of more stuff i will upload it in 2 or 3 days.

sorry for my english, im german

Photoshop ?
    Not enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre J. Jassoch View Post
    Hi all!

Here you have a small guide how i did this.Actually there may be some other metods but allow me to teach you mine.

First you have to download the esf editor im using the 1.4.6 version it works perfect for me.
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_...75&linkid=8783

Attachment 185192

Than download the user script editor.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=342894

Okay start the usp.editor and open save game for Napoleon.Replace(or copy) the saved game that you want to edit to your desktop.
    Close usp.editor and open the esf.editor.Go to file-open saved game.Find the saved game in the window and open it.Next step looks like this

Attachment 185195

After saving the changes in the save game file close esf.editor,open the usp.editor and replace or copy the file back to folder saved games.Close editor.Download Albtraums AlbUIcardmod.rar at page 5 in this thread.Unrar and copy it into the data folder of the game.Open usp editor/user script and type in it the mods full name.Save and close.Now you can run the game and load the edited save game file and play.If you need more help PM me i like to help when time allows me that.Have fun by plaing this wonderfull game.
    (IF YOU LIKE,DONT FORGET TO THANK AND ADD ON REPUTATION TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE ).
    Thanks for the guide - its really useful. I've made the changes using esf editor 1.4.3 for army units from 20 to 40 for ETW DMUC and it works really well, no CDT, no slow downs, no glitches or anything - great. I'd now like to minimise the unit cards, so have downloaded HxD hexeditor and downloaded the AlbUIcardmod.rar into it. I am now at a loss as to exactly what I've got to do now its in the HxD. How do you "unrar" the file?

Could someone please advise?

Thanks
    Last edited by EnsignElliott; November 15, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Anybody???

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by EnsignElliott View Post
    Thanks for the guide - its really useful. I've made the changes using esf editor 1.4.3 for army units from 20 to 40 for ETW DMUC and it works really well, no CDT, no slow downs, no glitches or anything - great. I'd now like to minimise the unit cards, so have downloaded HxD hexeditor and downloaded the AlbUIcardmod.rar into it. I am now at a loss as to exactly what I've got to do now its in the HxD. How do you "unrar" the file?

Could someone please advise?

Thanks
    You seem to be barking up the wrong tree.
    The hex editior is needed to make the icons mod function in ETW?
    I would expect the file supplied and the PFM tool to be sufficient, but hex editing is something many others here don't do.

Sorry id like to help but dont realy understand whats your target now.You have changed the units numbers from 20 to 40 in Empire right?And now you want edit the unit cards so they look like in Napoleon?Please correct me if im wrong.This is already in developement by Albtraum23 and there are many troubles as i know with it.Follow Albtraums mod threads to know more.Shogun 2 was tested and it works with some small bugs and Alb is working on Empire now.

Quote Originally Posted by EnsignElliott View Post
    Anybody???

Ok, thanks.

Uhm, I DLed it, works fine and stuff, got only one little problem. When I attack an army, for example Austrians, they deploy their forces in one big mass. Imagine 30 troops in one spot. Did someone experienced the same? Maybe its only if i attack, didnt had a chance to defend yet.
    Historia est magistra vitae. - Cicero

alhoon's Avatar Moderator

Thanks! ! !

I've tried to change the units size with the esf editor but I get an error when i try to save my changes, any idea why? This is for Empire, DMUC 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by xzavian View Post
    I've tried to change the units size with the esf editor but I get an error when i try to save my changes, any idea why? This is for Empire, DMUC 7.0.

I am getting the exact same error (in english) when trying to edit a save game for Napoleon Total War.

Error only occurs with EsfEditor 1.4.8. I used 1.4.6. and it worked. Worth nothing though; even if you hit Quit when you get this error message on 1.4.8., you can't edit it on 1.4.6
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; December 03, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

version 1.4.6 worked fine for me

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast