Thread: Ikko Ikki overpowered?

Default Ikko Ikki overpowered?

Who else thinks the Ikko Ikki are way overpowered now? I am playing on hard and ikko ikki by the year 1558 have 2 fullstacks 40% monk units!??? no way should they have kind of unrivalled force.

Default Re: Ikko Ikki overpowered?

In my game, Ikko-Ikki must be underpowered as they were wiped off the face of the earth relatively early.

I find clans quite balanced with DarthMod, and I can never tell which clans will become powerful. In my ongoing Takeda campaign, the most powerful clans beside mine (1570, in this order, H/H) are the Hatekayma, Hattori, Yamanha, Imagawa and Urakami.

they get really strong in the beginning but balance off/die off near the mid late game when they are at war with anyone however i do agree that they have too many good units early game

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

o cmon, they are beatable... it will only require some smart moves, dont ask me wich ones...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Are you guys all on beta 6? as of beta 6 i find them extremely powerful

yhh there to powerfull, im playing as uesugi and they ahve around 9 provinces n so many stacks of monks

In just about all my DMS games, the Hattori always end up dominating central Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeksu View Post
    In just about all my DMS games, the Hattori always end up dominating central Japan.
    playing my first dms game and the hattori were the biggest and just as i was ready to go to war with them everyone looked at them and said no to the tyranny and attacked them.

setting the ikko ikki major units to more turns to recruit should solve their excessive stack problems

It's pure random. In most games Takeda's steamroll wipes everybody. In my current campaign Ikko Ikki were reduced to one province after 50 turns.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Welcome to the forums and DMS bydlo
    It's pure random.
    Not quite pure, but there is a random element generated in the campaign creation so yes every new campaign is a surprise in some regards.

I have a very balanced Ikko one going at the moment with Shimazu in an allied lock with Shoni so they cant really expand, all the majors in the east are still holding nicely and there seems to be a helluva lot of fighting and AI assistance going on.

Compared to my last Choso camp, where majors were being wiped out almost every ten turns , hardly any trade going on and almost every clan at war with each other!
    So bar a few minor imbalances its really the luck of the draw.

Resoded's Avatar Libertus

I find Ikko balanced on my Oda hard campaign. They are tough because of the monks, but not much worse than Hojo or Takeda... or Hattori.

Poor Oda...

Odo are insane because of their cheap peasant units,

If you play with the garrison vanilla settings you can pretty much win the game in short order, keep your general nearby to keep the moral up and swamp the enemy. When playing Odo I always outnumber the other clans, greatly...

i agree i have played 7 campaigns and the ikko ikki always make it to the late game for me plus in my hattori campaign on hard i had to fight 3 full stacks before turn 16