Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit retexture causing problems

Resoded's Avatar Libertus

Default Unit retexture causing problems

When I have unit retexture on all units in the recruitment tab turns inte widened bow ashigaru pictures.

Why does this happen? I was using AUM mod earlier but I have completely uninstalled all AUM files and I'm not using any other mods except DMS. The problem is still there.

Darth, what's up with this? It's not due to AUM or any other mods that's for sure.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Unit retexture causing problems

Quote Originally Posted by Resoded View Post
    When I have unit retexture on all units in the recruitment tab turns inte widened bow ashigaru pictures.

Why does this happen? I was using AUM mod earlier but I have completely uninstalled all AUM files and I'm not using any other mods except DMS. The problem is still there.

Darth, what's up with this? It's not due to AUM or any other mods that's for sure.
    The unit cards seem to not be assigned correctly to the units, thats what is causing the problem. It looks like Darth will have to rework his Launcher to get this working correctly I think?

If you read the tool tip pop up when you hover over the retexture option in the launcher, it clearly states that there are conflicts with other options. Furthermore, looking around on the topics here would show you many instances of this question being answered. And finally, this sort of question belongs in the bug reporting section of the forum, not in the general section.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

A) This isn't the right forum for this, use the Technical Support sub-forum for further technical queries.
    B) This is a known issue and if you would take the time to read the tooltip in the launcher you would know not to mix it with the sounds, unit cards or recolor mods.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

It should work only if you use the included unit card mod, only this.
    I have no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha195 View Post
    If you read the tool tip pop up when you hover over the retexture option in the launcher, it clearly states that there are conflicts with other options. Furthermore, looking around on the topics here would show you many instances of this question being answered. And finally, this sort of question belongs in the bug reporting section of the forum, not in the general section.

First off, leave the thread policing to the moderation team in DMS.

Second, I'm not using any of the conflicting mods that the tooltip mentions, because I already know about the conflict. So how about you ask next time and skip the attitude.

No, the question hasn't been answered once. The moderators and Darth has mentioned a conflict with the AUM mod, but I'm not using it anymore. So something is wrong.

You're right, it does belong in the technical forum.

And finally, if you can't be helpful just shut up and let the mods and Darth do the policing. Nothing you said did any good. If you don't know what you're talking about, be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    A) This isn't the right forum for this, use the Technical Support sub-forum for further technical queries.
    B) This is a known issue and if you would take the time to read the tooltip in the launcher you would know not to mix it with the sounds, unit cards or recolor mods.
    Great, more thread police.

A) You're right.
    B) I have taken the time.

How about you take the time to think and maybe ask me if I use any conflicting mods? Because I don't. Next time you're pretending to help people, save it, and spare me the attitude. It'll make us all happier.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It should work only if you use the included unit card mod, only this.
    I have no problems with it.
    Do you mean the JFC unit card mod? Or did I misunderstand?

I've tried both with and without it and it still doesn't work.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Resoded View Post
    Do you mean the JFC unit card mod? Or did I misunderstand?

I've tried both with and without it and it still doesn't work.
    I have had problems when I'm adding new units, It should work with standard Darth's files, have You tried a clean install of the mod?

It sounds like an unsuccessful uninstall of the AUM mod.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

I also have this problem...

I use darthmod and AUM ( both latest) and I wanna use the retextures but nomatter what I do I get wierd unit icons in the RECRUITMENT tab. But only there. Ive tried everything now I think... Seems like the only way to get rid of it is by not using the retextures.

so... any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I have had problems when I'm adding new units, It should work with standard Darth's files, have You tried a clean install of the mod?
    Yeah. I have removed every single file of AUM and I have tried reinstalling DM several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    It sounds like an unsuccessful uninstall of the AUM mod.
    Hmm well I followed Halberdiers instructions on the uninstall, and I also removed all other files from AUM to be sure. Unless there are any other "hidden" files that are affected?

I've also tried to check the local files in steam. It downloaded 3 files but it didn't do any good.

ive found the solution now...

Download the retextures manually and add them to the script.

works good now with AUM and darthmod and I can probably use which unit card mod I want.

Quote Originally Posted by jompezipper View Post
    ive found the solution now...

Download the retextures manually and add them to the script.

works good now with AUM and darthmod and I can probably use which unit card mod I want.
    Ah, cool, I'll try that out.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Keep the replies civil from now on before you envoke the wrath of the Sith ME.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 26, 2011 at 09:13 AM.

Yep, it's working now when I downloaded the retexture mod separately, thanks jompe.

working as in making it work WITH the new unit cards?

diadok's Avatar Senator

Using DM 2.2 with no submods : activating retexture mod makes all unit cards looks like bow ashigaru.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Diadok and others with the same problem, can you check your game folder if it includes another unit card mod (they are enabled automatically because they are movie type). Find it, delete and retry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast