Page 64 of 177 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3522

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread (READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!)

hhuuu, night is over and no evil shadow came to kill me for my blashemic thoughts..
    lucky me

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread (READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!)

I was tired, don't think you'll be so lucky next time.
    shum

I think changing the role of General units is a good idea, actually. Probably the best - and only - way to keep the AI from killing all of our favourite book characters by turn 10. This is just another reason to keep waiting on this mod, it's going to be such a game changer. I just got Shogun 2, but this mod will blow that out of the water with the awesomeness of digital immersion in Westeros.

Really stoked.

I've always been curious-is it possible do change general's stats like attack and hitpoints other than with traits, or it is hardcoded?

Yes. I've not done it, but we can even change it ourselves to tailor fit mods - like this one - to our personal preferences. That's what I learned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis Baratheon View Post
    I've always been curious-is it possible do change general's stats like attack and hitpoints other than with traits, or it is hardcoded?
    Only hitpoints can be changed by traits; Attack and defence don`t work.

We can adjust their stats by making their bodyguard an unique unit.

i think this was already asked/suggested before so apologies but i'll re-ask anyway... is there any plan to rename the factions in 1.0 along the lines of territory instead of house? i.e...

Stark = The North
    Tully = Riverlands
    Frey = The Twins
    Lannister = The West/Westerlands
    Martell = Dorne
    Tyrell = The reach
    Arryn = The Vale
    Renly = Stormsend
    Stannis = Dragonstone
    Joffrey = Crownlands/Iron Throne

otherwise we'll end up with roose bolton, lord of house stark. In the new house mudd submod, one faction is just called, the stormkings and that seems to make more sense as even in the books, places aren't named by which house is in charge because who is in charge of places changes faster than i change pants

yes but roose bolton as lord of the north with a direwolf sigil is just as bad
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

What about Robb Stark, King who Lost the North?

How will you manage the ironborn?Will it be Balon or Crow's Eye at the start?
    Last edited by Waiting for Rome 2 -_-; July 15, 2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for Rome 2 -_- View Post
    The game begins at the onset of the War of the 5 Kings which would make Balon the leader of the Ironborn.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for Rome 2 -_- View Post
    There have been hints that Theon and Euron may be scripted to join the faction later in game but from the start I would think you have Balon, Victarion and Asha from the House Greyjoy!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Default The Arryns

I don't know if this has been answered but while playing as the Starks is there a way to remain at peace with the Arryns? I know that this problem will be worked on in the 1.0 release. I was just wondering if there was a way to stay at peace. Thanks in advance

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Arryns

Quote Originally Posted by TheEunuch View Post
    I don't know if this has been answered but while playing as the Starks is there a way to remain at peace with the Arryns? I know that this problem will be worked on in the 1.0 release. I was just wondering if there was a way to stay at peace. Thanks in advance
    The Starks and the Arryns are the most passive houses in the current version, never have I seen the AI declare war between the two factions in the beginning of a campaign. Arryns mostly just attack Tullys at the Twins or Stannis/Joffrey later in the campaign.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Hm, in most of my games Starks viciously attack Arryns, and usually Roose Bolton leads the attacks. Once saw him take the Eyrie, but then I come to their borders and attack the Starks so Arryns can have a little reconquest before I destroy them(i played Stannis, Lannister, Joffrey and Greyjoy for now).

Hm, in most of my games Starks viciously attack Arryns, and usually Roose Bolton leads the attacks. Once saw him take the Eyrie, but then I come to their borders and attack the Starks so Arryns can have a little reconquest before I destroy them(i played Stannis, Lannister, Joffrey and Greyjoy for now).
    But when i play as the Starks the Arryns are pretty aggressive. They always seem to go after the twins

Nature of the .53 i am afraid. If you are the Starkes than i suggest you send a diplomat and become their protectorate. But nothing will prevent the Arryns from attacking the Tullys if you are aren't playing as the Tullys, unless they ally with Tully which i have never seen. If you don't want them attacking the Tullys you can take Saltpans and the Twins distancing the Arryns from the Tullys but this won't fix the problem but just put it of for a few turns.

If you are Stark simply put few small armies on bridges with Trident, they shouldn't bother you-the AI rarely declares war by attacking field armies, usually it's sieges or port blockades.

If you are Stark simply put few small armies on bridges with Trident, they shouldn't bother you-the AI rarely declares war by attacking field armies, usually it's sieges or port blockades.
    Thanks a lot, Your Grace. That totally fixed, now i can return to burning down the Westerlands and the Crown Lands

I am pretty sure they are including Euron from hte start. I think I saw him in the list of characters.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|