Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Are mercenaries available in the current build
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

In the current official release, no. In the next version? Yes, more than you can probably imagine.

i know it's just a beta but you definetly need a strong "splash-screen" and a new letter font for it...

the current one in use is just too "oriental" and no "epic-fantasy"...if you don't have an "artist" then just go with a gothic letterfont instead of the samurai letters for the westeros title

I think we already have a new and awesome font.

Btw, how about the stainless steel physics? I noticed that in the alpha, when the cavalry charge into a unit that is not spearmen, they practically get killed and nothing happens to the target. I mean, what the.... err....

In S.S. when you do that (and the target is no spearmen unit) they get obliterated, literally.

Really? Be careful. If a unit is stationary and has enough time to brace itself charging with cavalry will result in losses, whether the target consists of spearmen or not. We will certainly look at that matter again, though; In the playtesting stage.

Ehh, dont get me started on the "realistic" thing again. My opinion is that I would prefer the smashing and killing before what is now in the alpha.

Thank you though for looking into it

Actually, i think it shouldn`t be a bright idea to charge infantry that has braced themselves for a charge. In history infantry that were disciplined enough to absorb a cavalry charge often prevailed. Cavalry should be used to intercept marching infantry and to hit unprotected flanks.

Though, don`t worry, levies for example certainly won`t stand a chance against a heavy cavalry charge and you will see some carnage on the battlefield. Against professional men at arms you`ll need to use clever tactics.

How can i set Lannisters to be at peace with Tyrells ?
    And turn Arryns and Martells to rebels ?

Default Re: Kingdoms Total War?

*stares at his shadow*

we all know that rome 2 will come, my preciousss...... my treasure.....

they stole it, but they will bring it back.... ModduM! ModduM!!!!!!!!

the descr_strat text file will come back to us, my precious..... and those stupid, fat programmers will die of awesomeness when i can have my 40 melee attack OMG-ldiers back!!!!!!! ModduM!!!!!!!!!

/ModduM mode off.

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    I don't think this mod is best suited to Kingdoms Total War. One of the most integral parts of this mod is the questionable loyalty of all Houses towards their "allies" and superiors. Because of this, there needs to be some serious "disorder based scripts" which can create factions from rebelling provinces. I don't think Kingdoms can do this, can it? Only ETW and STW2...
    Aside even from the technicalities of modding which make Kingdoms more conducive to modding, I would think Kingdoms would better for this because of the AI's outrageously questionable loyalty. An ally can turn and attack you in the blink of an eye, and they often do.

In this context, I think it is useful for a land to be in an anarchic (rebellious) state if not controlled by one of the major factions, since the basis of realms are the families and houses, rather than nationalism, as in ETW, which allows for rebellious provinces to create new factions. I think the "horde" features of Barbarian invasion might be the one useful aspect from another tw game that could be applied here. When a faction or house loses all their lands but family members are still running around, e.g., Daenerys Targaryen, the faction could still revive itself by conquering new lands.

Basically, the whole "house" aspect of ASOIF makes the M2TW framework with the medieval family structure and more extensive and useful family tree better, IMO.
    The law spoke too softly to be heard amidst the din of arms.
    -Plutarch

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    I don't think this mod is best suited to Kingdoms Total War. One of the most integral parts of this mod is the questionable loyalty of all Houses towards their "allies" and superiors. Because of this, there needs to be some serious "disorder based scripts" which can create factions from rebelling provinces. I don't think Kingdoms can do this, can it? Only ETW and STW2...
    Great point honstly, but right now as it is, its way to hard, so I support the idea......... In afar distant future

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind View Post
    How can i set Lannisters to be at peace with Tyrells ?
    And turn Arryns and Martells to rebels ?
    money and lots of it! it took me like 30-50000 dragons to make peace and ally with them...

Or u could just utterly destroy them...hint hint lannister longbowmen can deploy stakes

Default This is ridiculous.

Why is mod installation so complicated? I tried downloading the thingy where you have to extract the files and all that jazz, but I don't have a mod folder apparently. Then I saw the automatic installer, downloaded that. It downloaded fine, but when I click the icon it says 'Windows cannot find kingdoms.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again'. Yes, I have the Kingdoms CD in. I didn't download that patch thing though, because I don't know how. I'm a big fan of the ASOIAF books and the new HBO series and would really like to play this mod (it looks fantastic). Any suggestions?

Default Re: This is ridiculous.

download the .zip/rar. medieval total war 2/mods always exists if you have kingdoms. rename any of the kingoms campaign /ex: Brittish_isles22020202\
    rename the westeros folder to Brittish_isles

run kingdoms launcher , select brittish campaign. or run the .bat inside the folder.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

The alpha version isn't really supported anymore. We'll make the new version a lot easier to install

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    money and lots of it! it took me like 30-50000 dragons to make peace and ally with them...
    I meant in descr files .As a default in the campaign .

It's just whenever i played with Tully's I am greatly insulted by the Lannisters since they almost always concentrate all their forces to Tyrells and i only fight Arryn's .

EDIT : Ok i figured it out.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; July 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    The alpha version isn't really supported anymore. We'll make the new version a lot easier to install
    Please please please say automated install! It took me nearly a week of teethgrinding and throwing away partyinvites to get CoW to work properly (I need some distraction while waiting for this mod)! I can't bear to go through that again!
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

The Installation certainly won`t be as complicated as the CoW one. Rest assured.