Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Quote Originally Posted by the duke dude View Post
    Perhaps release what you have?

The sub modding community seems so active, I feel 1.0 would be made playable in no time if handed over to the public.
    Who says it is unplayable? Rather unpresentable
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Don't see the point of complaints if it's dead it's dead. They are not obligated to release anything. Not like they getting paid

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Do you have previews for your custom music?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Don't see the point of complaints if it's dead it's dead. They are not obligated to release anything. Not like they getting paid
    Of course, they're not. But nevertheless it's a pity for all the hours of development that have been invested into this mod over all these years and if things like this happen repeatedly from time to time, it might never get released.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by sneahcst View Post
    Of course, they're not. But nevertheless it's a pity for all the hours of development that have been invested into this mod over all these years and if things like this happen repeatedly from time to time, it might never get released.
    Look at it this way at least you have Submods and several that will be out soon that are playable and look way better than the original. So at least there's that

Or you can look at it like the team is working on getting the mod ready for release.

We have 2 scripters that we depend a lot on who is doing excellent work in getting rid of ctd's and bugs.

There hasn't been any official announcement about the mod's fate, at least not from Hannibal. So is the mod still alive and getting ready to be released in the near future or is it dead?

From what souls got on his youtube channel the mod is done but it is riddled with ctds and needs alot of coding and bug fixing to be fully playable. Its far from dead but an internal 'game of thrones' seems to be going on with the Dev team delaying things. That my 2 pence on the issue as a long time lurker of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    From what souls got on his youtube channel the mod is done but it is riddled with ctds and needs alot of coding and bug fixing to be fully playable. Its far from dead but an internal 'game of thrones' seems to be going on with the Dev team delaying things. That my 2 pence on the issue as a long time lurker of this forum.

Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    If you mean by delay (finnish what is left/waiting to have time to finnish what is left) Then yeah..

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

I'm very excited for Soul and Para's A Dream of Spring, looks very impressive and is actually getting released with a reasonable wait time of not 7 years

Well wait until it is released to say that don't jinx it....

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    I'm very excited for Soul and Para's A Dream of Spring, looks very impressive and is actually getting released with a reasonable wait time of not 7 years
    My A Dream of Spring 1.0 has a lot of features that i wouldn't even dare try implement. 1.0 is essentially a standalone considering how much script / code work has gone into it. Our project is essentially a standalone mod, but what the dev team here have done have definatly pushed it to comparison to a game of itself.

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ

I'm a Steam user and I've run into a few problems

Downloaded everything and then clicked the launcher but a pop up told me that "kingdoms.exe" was missing. I renamed my Medieval2 file to kingdoms.exe and was able to launch the game perfectly and got to the main menu. However, once I tried to start a campaign the game crashed for an unspecified reason. I'm not sure what's going on with that and would like some assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf93 View Post
    I'm a Steam user and I've run into a few problems

Downloaded everything and then clicked the launcher but a pop up told me that "kingdoms.exe" was missing. I renamed my Medieval2 file to kingdoms.exe and was able to launch the game perfectly and got to the main menu. However, once I tried to start a campaign the game crashed for an unspecified reason. I'm not sure what's going on with that and would like some assistance
    Hey man follow this guide, its for Steam users.

Quote Originally Posted by zachman1201 View Post
    Hey man follow this guide, its for Steam users.

I followed everything it said, but I can't change the name of the mod files... says its already open in another instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf93 View Post
    I followed everything it said, but I can't change the name of the mod files... says its already open in another instance?
    Do you by chance have a second drive? And have the game Medieval 2 on that second drive?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way

And then there is the universal BAT file that makes every mod Steam compatible AND disk playable (dev hint...). Adjust the name of your CFG file accordingly, either in the BAT entry or the file's name itself:

Code:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (
    start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (
        echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
        echo You probably installed this mod into the wrong folder.
        pause
      )
    )
    And here is a tutorial to make a simple installer.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 22, 2017 at 12:40 AM.

Can someone be kind to tell how many regions are currently used of maximum 200? And would it be possible to later add part of essos to this map?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Open the descr_regions file and do a count of the word religion (Notepad++ has a word count function) - that will give you the number of regions used.