Page 16 of 177 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

achudnow's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Its kinda unfortunate that noones done a portrait for Doran Martell. Also, will there be an event where the Storm Lord's join Stannis if he does an awesome shadow assassin thing and kills Renly? Probably impossible or extremely hard to do, but would be awesome.

The team is talking about it. The ironic thing was that that was one of the first questions I asked as well.

Great minds think alike?

On a side note, will anything be done with Beric Dondarrion? I'd love to use the several-times-ressurected Lightning Lord and his no-longer-fat Red Priest.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by achudnow View Post
    Its kinda unfortunate that noones done a portrait for Doran Martell. Also, will there be an event where the Storm Lord's join Stannis if he does an awesome shadow assassin thing and kills Renly? Probably impossible or extremely hard to do, but would be awesome.
    The team mentioned long ago that they had a script in mind for that. The bottom line is that if Renly or Stannis dies, said dead persons faction would join the other one. This is however only viable if one of them are still alive. If both are dead, who knows, maybe it'll be Edric Storm vs Davos Seaworth?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Davos Seaworth isn't a general atm, hes an anc for Stannis. Maybe they'll change that in 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by achudnow View Post
    Davos Seaworth isn't a general atm, hes an anc for Stannis. Maybe they'll change that in 1.0.
    the alpha is miles behind what we know about 1.0, although admittedly for someone newish to this mod the only way to know what the team have already confirmed is to trawl through every major thread (not that I had enough time on my hands to do that... ). Am considering going through and pulling a bunch of that kinda stuff together from old posts so we could maybe avoid lots of repeated questions, although that would involve stopping doing my dissertation. Anyway, the main thing is, don't make assumptions based on the alpha (although Davos may still just be an anc)

A Time For Wolves...

I've just started reading the first book, I've liked it so far. I'm thinking on downloading this mod.

But is it polished enough? Are there many bugs on it? Or is it a very new one?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Its not very well polished at the moment, but its a truly excellent mod and will recieve the polish with version 1.0, which will be here by early November to late December, possible sooner but almost certainly no longer. One 1.0 comes out it will be a real gem, already its quite a lot of fun, I encourage you to try it.

[the alpha is miles behind what we know about 1.0, although admittedly for someone newish to this mod the only way to know what the team have already confirmed is to trawl through every major thread (not that I had enough time on my hands to do that... ). Am considering going through and pulling a bunch of that kinda stuff together from old posts so we could maybe avoid lots of repeated questions, although that would involve stopping doing my dissertation. Anyway, the main thing is, don't make assumptions based on the alpha (although Davos may still just be an anc)]

I thought we were talking about the Alpha, meh.

I'll wait for 1.0 then. Thanks!
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

@achudnow, you were asking about changes/scripts etc, and they ain't gonna change a thing about the alpha before the 1.0 release, they're practically different games

A Time For Wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    @achudnow, you were asking about changes/scripts etc, and they ain't gonna change a thing about the alpha before the 1.0 release, they're practically different games
    When did I say this? I don't remember it. I am fully aware of the fact that the alpha and the 1.0 are practically different games, I'm really looking forward to 1.0.

Ohhh, I understand. Brain freeze w/o ice cream much? You said something about Davos Seaworth fighting someone, and I thought you were talking about the Alpha, not 1.0 in which he may be present. I was confused because in the alpha Davos is only an anc for Stannis.
    Last edited by achudnow; September 22, 2011 at 07:37 AM.

Question about marriages. I'm playing the Alpha as House Martell, and since it's based on a Muslim faction I can't marry princesses.

Which the 1.0 include make marriages possible, or should will I need to find a princess mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=477004

Download and install this sub-mod, is kind of like an unofficial 0.60. It adds Martell princesses, some trapping of religion, and several characters to factions that realy needed them. (I.E. Renly and Stannis, they both started with 2 generals before, now they have like 4.) It also adds several minor castles. Overall, something to tide you over until 1.0.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGratzner View Post
    Question about marriages. I'm playing the Alpha as House Martell, and since it's based on a Muslim faction I can't marry princesses.

Which the 1.0 include make marriages possible, or should will I need to find a princess mod?
    I belive they fixed this with 1.0 Otherwise, yeah theres the enchanted 0.53 submod that achudnow just linked.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Two questions regarding lordships in version 1.0:
    1. Can a character have more than one lordship ?
    2. Can lordships be traded between characters? (I was playing with the Lannisters in the beta and made the mistake of leaving Jaime in Riverrun after I took it, and now the leader of the kingsguard is the lord of Riverrun)
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Two questions regarding lordships in version 1.0:
    1. Can a character have more than one lordship ?
    2. Can lordships be traded between characters? (I was playing with the Lannisters in the beta and made the mistake of leaving Jaime in Riverrun after I took it, and now the leader of the kingsguard is the lord of Riverrun)
    A character may have more than 1 Lordship, yes.
    As for the second, I'm not sure actually

I'd like this answer as well, in the beta I accidently left Robb in several castles, and he ended up Lord of the Twins, Horn Hill, and Riverrun xD

Lordships should be tradeable. Just merge two Generals in one stack; Open the general interface (Where all his traits etc. are listed), click on the Lordship and drag&drop it on the other General in the Stack. Please note that a General can only have 8 Ancillaries at a time.

Certain lordships might not be tradeable- I don`t know.

Lets just hope that major lordships aren't tradable. I can see it now, Horas Redwyne, Lord of Highgarden.