Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Tiro

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

I think the reason why there not so many previews etc lately is because they have entered the stage in the mod where most of the work that needs to be done is coding and writing stuff which is a bit difficult to preview to the public tbh .

Recently i have been helping them out with writing building descriptions so i am pretty sure the mod is not dead yet

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Well...

We are about to finalize the descr_strat.txt (pretty much the campaign as it is from default). This includes setting traits after lore for almost 300 characters or something like that, balancing army numbers, assigning ancillaries, creating advanced family trees. One reason that this has taken longer time then it should have is that somebody (im not going to name him) told us he would do one thing and then we did not hear from him up until who knows when, instead we had to restart the whole process with another solution that is more basic.

Other then that testing, coding, testing, coding, testing, coding. I spent 8 hours testing every unit and battlemodel of the game so that they don't generate a crash. I spent 4 hours trying to fix a script that is broken. It does not affect the campaign until turn 70-80 or something but I still like it to work once we are at beta so still trying to fix that. Sometime between all this I have a fulltime job, several other hobbbies and a girlfriend to satisfy.

Also at the moment we are a handful people working on this in various hours and timezones but still i remain optimistic. It's done when it's done and it will most certainlt be this year otherwise il eat my hat.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Yum, hat.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Yum, hat.

I don't even have a hat

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Oh man, somebody is confident!

Does anybody have a good guide for installing New Beginning via steam on a Mac?
    Thanks to anybody who can help my poor Mac soul...

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Well...

We are about to finalize the descr_strat.txt (pretty much the campaign as it is from default). This includes setting traits after lore for almost 300 characters or something like that, balancing army numbers, assigning ancillaries, creating advanced family trees. One reason that this has taken longer time then it should have is that somebody (im not going to name him) told us he would do one thing and then we did not hear from him up until who knows when, instead we had to restart the whole process with another solution that is more basic.

Other then that testing, coding, testing, coding, testing, coding. I spent 8 hours testing every unit and battlemodel of the game so that they don't generate a crash. I spent 4 hours trying to fix a script that is broken. It does not affect the campaign until turn 70-80 or something but I still like it to work once we are at beta so still trying to fix that. Sometime between all this I have a fulltime job, several other hobbbies and a girlfriend to satisfy.

Also at the moment we are a handful people working on this in various hours and timezones but still i remain optimistic. It's done when it's done and it will most certainlt be this year otherwise il eat my hat.
    Thanks man, i appreciate a member of the team actually addressing my concerns that this mod was slowly dying. Looks like I'll be following this for some time to come Those family tree's are a real pain in the ass, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaygontex View Post
    That's loyalty and love my friend, and that should be rewarded, if nothing else.
    Pfft. Heads. Spikes. Walls. As Korps has just kindly explained (not for the first time I'll add) there are no previews because the only things left to work on/show are walls of text that most wouldn't understand and are otherwise dull to look at. The mods not dying, if anything it's moving faster of late than it has in awhile and progress is actually looking good. My weariness at 'fans' complaining is more focused elsewhere than you specifically.

The small amount of work left is especially boring work and gets done when it gets done, complaints certainly don't inspire modders to work faster. It can often have the opposite effect.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

]It's done when it's done and it will most certainlt be this year otherwise il eat my hat.
    would you like to put that on for the record?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Yes..

*Edit if its not now you know who to blameqoute

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Yes..

*Edit if its not now you know who to blameqoute
    You heard it here folks. A certain someone will need to eat a hat if the mod doesnt come out this year xD
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Will version 1.0 be compatible with Macs seeing as now Macs have the game via Steam and the Mac app store? I really love ASOIAF and GOT and this mod and its many amazing submods look so cool but sadly I have yet been able to get any of them to work on my Mac.
    Here's hoping the launcher is a .exe that is at least compatible with Wine.

Hopefully yes but it is not on the top of our currently priority list!

Hopefully yes but it is not on the top of our currently priority list!
    Alright well at least it is on the radar. Hopefully someone who is better at computers than I am will be able to figure out a way for any of these mods to work with a MAc because I have researched as much as possible and nothing has worked

LiGizD's Avatar Libertus

Well...

Thanks for your work brother

hello WTW team will there be custom maps like TATW. If yes what locations?

WarbornUK's Avatar Tiro

Been following this mod for nigh-on 6 years now and keep checking back every other week to see how you're getting on. Looking forward to seeing 1.0's release at long last. Crack on when you can lads, no one expects it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanofHouse Smith View Post
    hello WTW team will there be custom maps like TATW. If yes what locations?
    So far:
    2 Custom Settlements, Kings Landing and Moat Cailin
    1 Custom Landscape, The Neck

Also we have some peps working on adding certain religious Buildings to settlements to give them a regional feeling, ex andal settlements will have septs, northern godswoods, Stannis Pyres etc.

Of course we hope that we can add more stuff liket his in the future but as few people have the knowledge its nothing we can garantue.

Oh and I realised The Wall/Castle Black is also a Custom Settlement but not in focus for 1.0 as Wildlings/Crows will not be playable for that version.

Edit* Post number 5000 thats how long I have been here lol

Hi, all the pictures on this forum look like this.
    http://imgur.com/41WLffv
    Please help.

Thanks for answering my question also will there be attrition? Like you can lose men in the deserts of Dorne if their not from that region also the same effect in The North and the Vale due to the cold weather?