Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

We are planning to go carroling around all the fans houses, but it might take some time before we have reached all of you. The schedule is to have all the singing done by May, but we have our calenders free until July just in case we get slowed down along the way.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

megells's Avatar Civis

Classic Finnish wit right there my friends

And if I remember correctly, asking for the release date, even in such a round-about way, adds an extra month onto the time it's released.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Up Jumpshot View Post
    And if I remember correctly, asking for the release date, even in such a round-about way, adds an extra month onto the time it's released.
    Yeah, really it should have been released in 2011, but the question just kept coming.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Domnification View Post
    Question. Will we get a christmas present from wtw team?
    Im sure something can be sorted out for you none-believers... I can't wait to get Hanukkah-Presents for 8 Days between the 16th and the 24th
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

"We are planning to go carroling around all the fans houses, but it might take some time before we have reached all of you. The schedule is to have all the singing done by May, but we have our calenders free until July just in case we get slowed down along the way."

If you replace "Carroling around" with "uploading to" and "singing" with "modding" he is basically telling us it will be released in May or July if something were to go awry.....

Last edited by Emperor Hantscher; December 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks mate, I think we all got that.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Ok, I got one (question).
    Well, maybe two.

How many factions are there in the literature of SFI and are the developers of this mod planning to include more of them in the mod?

BTW, I've been working for a couple of days in adapting some of the texures of the Teutonic campaign (the en_peasant _padded for starters) for use by other factions, still a WIP but I thought of including some of the factions of Westeros, since a lot of the work will be mutually compatible.
    Would you guys be interested in that, or should I let it go to the backburner?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Ok, I got one (question).
    Well, maybe two.

How many factions are there in the literature of SFI and are the developers of this mod planning to include more of them in the mod?
    I feel as though it would be hard to pinpoint a clear number of factions considering how many backstabs and conspiracies and unknown plans exist in the series.

That being said, I'm not entirely clear on what you're asking, so I'm just gonna list the factions planned for 1.0.

Stark
    Lannister
    Joffery
    Stannis
    Renly
    Tully
    Arryn
    Frey
    Tyrell
    Martell
    Greyjoy
    Night's Watch (?)

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Night's Watch are in 1.0 but not fleshed out and I wouldn't recommend playing as them. We'll do the Wall and north of it after 1.0 fully.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

they cant be attacked, and we will likely end up making them unplayable, since theres no enemy for them.

they cant be attacked, and we will likely end up making them unplayable, since theres no enemy for them.
    Could you treat them like the Papacy in the vanilla? They are able to be attacked, but doing so brings the wrath of the other factions down upon you. That way they're not aggressive or anything like that, but do actually respond if attacked.

Far more likely they are left unplayable until the team releases Westeros 1.6 with updated Night's Watch potential, in 30 years.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Far more likely they are left unplayable until the team releases Westeros 1.6 with updated Night's Watch potential, in 30 years.
    And we'll still be waiting for A Dream of Spring!

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

A dream of spring? Ooo sweet summer boy, we will be still waiting for Winds of Winter xD.

The Night Watch exists, but is unplayable, and should be treated like it doesnt exist. They wont have nothing to do, no objetive, units, etc. We will activate the faction in a future release with the wildings, using good units, rosters and special script.

We decided that in order to have a full stable and playable 1.0 as soon as posible.

So, this question may seem really dumb but I didn't see it in the FAQ. Just how does one declare for kingship? I'm playing as Renly and I don't seem to have an option anywhere, I don't even know where to look. Jon the Scribe says I'm not a king, so I assume I don't automatically start out as one.

KhalFrodo's Avatar Semisalis

An idea : I think you should include the unique buildings in Westeros so they can give trade bonuses, defense bonuses etc in 1.0. For instance the Hightower, the Citadel and the Starry Sept in Oldtown, the Red Keep and the Baelor's Sept in KL and so on

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

thats exactly what we will do

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    thats exactly what we will do
    What we have done.

Hello.

Forgive me if this has been asked X times before, I used search and also checked various threads, cant really find a definite answer. So here goes : to be able to play youngbloods, do I need to install .53enhanced first and then copy over it, or is YBs a standalone ? Thanks in advance .
    "Sorry about that, son. But sometimes there's more to life than just livin'. Besides, you can't have a Kansas City Shuffle without a body."