Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Do you have the kingdoms expansion or only Medieval 2? The exes are not in the disc drive, but in C:/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War (this path is depending on your windows and where you installed it. The game won't find kingdoms.exe unless you have the kingdoms expansion installed.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

When I try to run the mod I get the following message.

Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "MED2GOLD" CD/DVD.

My kingdoms disc is in the drive, but its not the gold edition. My kingdoms is a standard shop bought version patched to 1.5. Helps!

I know the reason Medieval has so many mods today is because all the last few Total War games have had new engines that didn't support mods. But I swear I read somewhere that Rome 2's new engine will be supporting mods. If this is true would you guys consider porting Westeros to Rome 2? I'll check around the web and see if it's true or just a foolish day dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bergundy View Post
    I know the reason Medieval has so many mods today is because all the last few Total War games have had new engines that didn't support mods. But I swear I read somewhere that Rome 2's new engine will be supporting mods. If this is true would you guys consider porting Westeros to Rome 2? I'll check around the web and see if it's true or just a foolish day dream.
    It will not support modding enough that a mod at this level can be created and it be any good

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    It will not support modding enough that a mod at this level can be created and it be any good
    Actually I've been doing some reading and from what I've seen it sounds like CA is really working on modding tools and programs to release sometime after the actual game comes out, like what they did with Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 only now they've workedon it a lot more so now it will have more options and flexibility and it'll come out a lot sooner.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

For the game to be as moddable as Medieval 2 would be a miracle. Its just very highly unlikely. Also. we have already finished most crucial things, like most units and the map. It would take ages, first to learn to use these new tools and then to remake EVERYTHING.

I'm fairly certain I had another point to make, but it seems I've completely forgotten about it
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

That weìd be too busy to play Rome II rather than actually mod it?

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Dam! Rome II its going to absorb all the time of the people modding, but its ok, no one deserves more to play that game than those who worked hard, we cant ask more of them, so have fockin earned fun!!

Is there a way of altering the difficulty of besieging and assaulting different castles dependent on their physical attributes? The obvious examples of special-cases being the Eyrie or Storm's End.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I think that only apllies to auto resolving. Correct me if I'm wrong

Artifex

Or custom settlements

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    I think that only apllies to auto resolving. Correct me if I'm wrong
    I guess to some extent, although maybe it could also have an effect on the "Settlement Besieged" screen... how long it takes to starve the defenders out (The Twins would be practically impossible to starve out without having armies on both sides of the river) or how many points needed to construct certain items of siege equipment? Indeed perhaps the site could effect what siege equipment is available: a ram or siege tower aren't going to do much against the Eyrie!

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own sorry im new on modding, how can i do to make my textures for minor houses (say cerwyn or karstark) appear on strat models

Quote Originally Posted by CorvusCorax View Post
    I guess to some extent, although maybe it could also have an effect on the "Settlement Besieged" screen... how long it takes to starve the defenders out (The Twins would be practically impossible to starve out without having armies on both sides of the river) or how many points needed to construct certain items of siege equipment? Indeed perhaps the site could effect what siege equipment is available: a ram or siege tower aren't going to do much against the Eyrie!

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own sorry im new on modding, how can i do to make my textures for minor houses (say cerwyn or karstark) appear on strat models

I´m new on modding, how can i do to make my textures for minour houses (say karstark or glover) appear on strat models

sorry i mean on the map

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Probs best to ask this question in the modding workshop, but it's not hard. (And you were right when you said strat )

You just need to edit the strat .TGA files. Not sure what they're called in .53, but probably something like late_northern_general.tga. Just mess with those and that's it.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Artifex

The most complete info:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3-Strat-Models

For any other modding question, be sure to check this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Guess no one can help, thanks anyway.

Do you know yet how you're going to tackle the "North won't participate" problem?

Maybe you can do something like Aragorn in TATW. When you play with the Riverlands you get an "offer" from the King in the North to join your ranks plus some Northern troops.

Artifex

Maybe you can do something like Aragorn in TATW. When you play with the Riverlands you get an "offer" from the King in the North to join your ranks plus some Northern troops.
    Indeed, if AI does not collaborate we might arrive to this.