Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126151166167168169170171172173174175176177 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3522

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

I'm to lazy to make a thread so I'll just post the links here for those who want it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/das49f...-%20custom.zip - (adds WTW custom music to the game)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/49s9dys6p8i4z1p/data%201-3.zip (Gets the game of thrones soundtracks working in game. You need to own the season 1-3 soundtracks)

Credits: WTW TEAM
    Inarus (pretty much his work on desc_sounds_music.txt all I done was get it to work with 1.0)
    Last edited by PeaMan; June 03, 2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: bug fix

How does Robb declare himself king in the north? Does it trigger after a certain turn or do I have to do something specific?

Almost Half Lucid, Robb can declare himself King in the North after a certain number of turns (not sure when, but when i checked out the Stark campaign, the option to declare a kingship did come up).

PeaMan, great stuff on the music! It works in the main menu, but whenever i enter a custom battle, it crashes. It could have been because, i tried to put in the music files Toho uploaded by myself and i messed it up in the process, or it could have been the reason why the devs chose not to put music into the beta because it is too unstable right now.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    i hope you are aware that the GOT soundtrack can result in copyright shenenigans, so please keep it confined to submods, at least for now. im not even sure if the whole posting a ripped sundtrack here doesnt violate the TOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToS, illegal activities section
    Substantial use of copyrighted material without permission. Examples of acceptable uses would be brief quotes, fan art, signature/avatar images, brief video clips (e.g., YouTube), screenshots, or reasonably limited decorative images in a mod. Unacceptable uses would include entire songs, [...] The exact threshold of substantial use will be decided on a case-by-case basis ― if in doubt, consult Moderation Staff.

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by skyrim1 View Post
    PeaMan, great stuff on the music! It works in the main menu, but whenever i enter a custom battle, it crashes. It could have been because, i tried to put in the music files Toho uploaded by myself and i messed it up in the process, or it could have been the reason why the devs chose not to put music into the beta because it is too unstable right now.
    Bold will be the reason: check here how it is done. That should enable you to trace your error. My bet is on the creating\replacing of the correct IDX\DAT files.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 04, 2018 at 11:48 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Updated the links above - fixed the problem when in battle you would hear no sound effects (the main menu song doesn't play anymore but a small price to pay). Campaign and battle music still works and the sound effects should now as well. I'll think about starting a thread if/when I release versions to get season 1-4, 1-5, 1-6 and 1-7 working in game for those who own the soundtracks and so people can find the links easily, they will all be separate downloads so you'll have the choice to choose which you want.

Thanks for the help the last few days Gigantus!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

What's the point of the Castellan ancillary? I had thought I remembered it being a transferable ancillary that could allow a general to build and recruit units in a settlement lacking the lord/claimant, but I appear to be mistaken. Sole exception was when I loaded a game and as Rodrik Cassel, I was allowed to recruit/build for just a moment. As soon as I clicked away and came back, I was no longer able too.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work for Mac? I've had success with the incomplete version 0.53 and other mods as well, but can't figure this one out (and really hope to)! Many thanks

I am also wondering about this

Why do some units have an upkeep of 1? Is that intentional? If so, why?

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Why do some units have an upkeep of 1? Is that intentional? If so, why?
    Only the BG units are intended to have an upkeep of 1 because there are too many generals in the mod, it would crash the economy if the BG units have a real upkeep . Any other unit that has an upkeep of 1 is an oversight.
    I have already listed all the units i could find in the Bug Reports Thread, but i am sure that i missed a few.

Is that you, Palman?

Is there a fix? Kind of feel stupid avoiding recruiting such units.
    If there isn't a fix, someone please lemme know the intended upkeep of those units. I'll fix it.

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Is that you, Palman?

Is there a fix? Kind of feel stupid avoiding recruiting such units.
    If there isn't a fix, someone please lemme know the intended upkeep of those units. I'll fix it.
    Sorry i am not Palman.

As i said i have already reported some units in the Bug Reports Thread.
    You should ask the WTW team about the fix, i'm not a member of the team so i can't answer that question.

What is the deal with all the sub mods for the original 0.5 alpha will they eventually be updated to the 1.0 version or will they need to have permission to update themselves?

Domesticus

Hello everyone!

I'm going to make some changes to the faces of the units.

I want to add different faces to make each unit with different and not all the same faces.

In the future I want to make changes and additions in clothing and helmets.

Do some teams plan to upgrade some sub-mods to the version of Westeros TW 1.0?

Not a question, just sharing my experiences with the mod so far.

Visually, it is stunning.
    Cavalry charges are way too powerful.
    Archers are way too devastating.
    The mod crashes a LOT compared to other mods.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Hi! I downloaded your mod and its pretty cool but the constant crashes are really taking away from the fun and sometimes i just dont want to start the game again to continue from last turn autosave. Thats the main problem. Visually everything is cool i think, especially the campaign side is what looks amazing. I dont know if i downloaded the correct version or not, but in the version i have all the units are using i think some medieval units but not in styles like seen in GOT. So is this the correct version now, or do i have one that is outdated? So far i only played one campaign for a while, as Stannis, and its been nice, but i noticed that the more i expand the more often the crashes occur, reminding me that that the night is dark and full of terrors...

Anyways great job on putting all of that stuff together and making it, afterall, work!

I was wondering if it's normal for unit sounds to be tied to vanilla M2TW factions? For some reason Renly's troops call me sultan and attack in the name of Alah, which was slightly amusing at first but it's starting to slowly get on my nerves... Similarly, Stark troops used HRE sounds if I recall correctly.

Hello I just tried the Westeros mod and wanted to give some feedback. I tried out House Martell. The game is fun, but there are a number of issues I had.

The main thing was it ruined my immersion that the speech pack is from vanilla base game, so martell's say phrases of Muslim faction (Egypt, Almoravids, Turkey?) which is very weird. Would it be possible to add a different voice pack? just a few phrases from the tv show or generic ones would be better

Also when I lost a general it said some message again about a Muslim leader being lost, which again is weird and takes me out of the immersion of Westeros

The other minor thing is when it says [MISSING TEXT] around some places.

Please dont take this as negative criticism but constructive. Otherwise its very fun, I look forward to the next update of it (hoping for more stuff from recent tv show season such as full golden company/unsullied/wildlings+giants/dragons/dothraki/targaeryan/night king rosters)

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadder View Post
    I was wondering if it's normal for unit sounds to be tied to vanilla M2TW factions? For some reason Renly's troops call me sultan and attack in the name of Alah, which was slightly amusing at first but it's starting to slowly get on my nerves... Similarly, Stark troops used HRE sounds if I recall correctly.
    Just turn 'Speech' volume off in game options. I turn it off even in vanilla base game when it gets repetitive and annoying, although im pretty bored of medieval era and prefer fantasy setting these days

Ok been playing a lot and its crashing a lot...
    Anyone else getting this problem? especially from loading savegames or after battles or is it just me?