Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonDarkstar View Post
    Hey team, Loved the Baratheon preview...

Was just wondering if we could get a sneak peek/ preview of the map? It looked awesome in the last preview.

Cheers
    It's not quite done as of yet as our mapper is awol at the moment! May need a new mapster to get it done...

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Was reading around a little while ago, and saw someone had been talking about getting hotseat working in the alpha version? Just wondered if anyone knew if this was actually achieved? Would be playing it locally so wouldn't need to be able to upload save games, but would like to be able to play with my housemate. I realise this might've been answered before, if so, sorry

A Time For Wolves...

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    I agree, but its always the question of copyright issues, which often hinders modders to use affilated music. I think the team would require HBO/music/producers consent to use their music in the mod. Which propably won't be for free either.
    actually. TATW uses some video and audio from the LOTR movies. i have not read anywhere that they stated they had permission from new line, or Christopher Tolkien or anyone so i think as long as you state somewhere that the audio is from HBO Game of Thrones series and who composed it you should be fine. however this would be a better question directed the makers of mods who do use copyrighted material and to see what they did, if anything.

question: always wanted to read the series, and now that the HBO series is out i am musch more interested. however i have never actually gotten around to it. too much school work, or other books i am currently reading. point being, will i be lost trying to play this mod without having read the books?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

I was at first before I read the books in like a month. I read like 4 or 5 chapters a day on most days, maybe even more. I only stopped because of school or food.

On a side note, I was about to post a comment about music like 3 minutes ago, but thank you for posting for me. Anyway, I agree 100%. The music here already makes me want to rip my ears off.

You won`t be lost, gregorious, but i wouldn`t do it. Theres a possibility that the mod spoilers something and that would be a shame cause the books are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    Was reading around a little while ago, and saw someone had been talking about getting hotseat working in the alpha version? Just wondered if anyone knew if this was actually achieved? Would be playing it locally so wouldn't need to be able to upload save games, but would like to be able to play with my housemate. I realise this might've been answered before, if so, sorry
    No it wasnt. Yet. I always wanted to make one but since I got frustrated with the Usurper submod (no I havent thrashed it...yet) I got lots of work with it. And Im going away for another three/four days,but when I get back I may have a look at it.

Perhaps I'll start one when 1.0 comes out, but I call House Arryn.

It is Stark for me . Bang! I said it first!

The only reason I'd not choose Stannis is because I'm almost certain someone would steamroll right through me.

Actually, I change my mind. Someone else can have Arryn. I've got an idea. Muahahahaha!

I'd choose Stannis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    The only reason I'd not choose Stannis is because I'm almost certain someone would steamroll right through me.

Actually, I change my mind. Someone else can have Arryn. I've got an idea. Muahahahaha!

I'd choose Stannis.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    have a leisurely sail north, stop off somewhere above Last Hearth and come crashing down on the northerners? I don't know how I came up with that little bit of genius but I think everyone would agree it's rather original..

A Time For Wolves...

Actually, I was planning to invade Dorne, lol. They seem like fodder for the Fiery Heart of R'hllor.

In their current form yes.. now if they had the Sand Snakes I know who my money would be on though

A Time For Wolves...

Default How do I have a wealthy sucessful empire?

I've played about 5 campaigns so far, 5 cause I keep failing and going bankrupt and getting killed from being outnumbered, but everytime I try to upgrade all the towns/cities I have theres like only one option, and after a couple cities to irrigition and whatnot I can't upgrade anything more after that.

but other than that, why is the building structures so limited? theres so many slots but everytime I only see one or 2 stuctures I can build, am I doing something wrong. And the furthest I got was 80 turns, but I was bankrupt half that time, and I would look at my cities and the growth I think it was (the stick figure) goes red or orange, and I have no idea how to fix that because absolutely nothing is presented to me to build or do. I even got most of my diplomats to get trade rights, and whenever I send my merchant away he ends up being completely useless, or I don't know what to do with him, it says I'm suppose to find other merchants but never saw one ever.

help pls, I want a stable empire to have to defend it I like defensive strategy games I wish I could tank with my empire but I always get overwhelmed from being bankrupt and out numbered, it sucks!

Default Re: How do I have a wealthy sucessful empire?

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169 View Post
    I've played about 5 campaigns so far, 5 cause I keep failing and going bankrupt and getting killed from being outnumbered, but everytime I try to upgrade all the towns/cities I have theres like only one option, and after a couple cities to irrigition and whatnot I can't upgrade anything more after that.

but other than that, why is the building structures so limited? theres so many slots but everytime I only see one or 2 stuctures I can build, am I doing something wrong. And the furthest I got was 80 turns, but I was bankrupt half that time, and I would look at my cities and the growth I think it was (the stick figure) goes red or orange, and I have no idea how to fix that because absolutely nothing is presented to me to build or do. I even got most of my diplomats to get trade rights, and whenever I send my merchant away he ends up being completely useless, or I don't know what to do with him, it says I'm suppose to find other merchants but never saw one ever.

help pls, I want a stable empire to have to defend it I like defensive strategy games I wish I could tank with my empire but I always get overwhelmed from being bankrupt and out numbered, it sucks!
    army upkeep is the problem. Consider building structures that have the biggest impact on your economy from the start that are relatively cheap to build.

Quote Originally Posted by xX_iCeD_Xx View Post
    army upkeep is the problem. Consider building structures that have the biggest impact on your economy from the start that are relatively cheap to build.
    ya that was probably it

is there no other structures to build though after the irrigation?

and is everything so limited because of the mod and what the factions start it, cause I rarely get to build anything after I've had a few farming upgrades

This is because the alpha release isn`t really balanced. In the next version we`ll give the player more options to manage his economy.

In the current release the best thing you can do is conquering some of the money maker cities- Kings Landing and Oldtown, for example.

ah I see

thanks

History_Buff's Avatar Civis

Best solution is to build the biggest army you can afford and conquer as much territory as you can early on. This game kinda forces you to be more aggressive at times.
    Last edited by History_Buff; August 09, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Those who do not know the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.
    "It is good that War is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it"
    Robert E. Lee
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte
    "In politics stupidity is not a handicap" Napoleon Bonaparte

With Tyrell I found money making relatively easy, especially when you conquer some Lannister territory. Also the Lannister gold mines can bring in a lot of money if you put some merchants on them.

rules all

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Also merchants on the lannister goldmines are very important! they can get you thousands every turn if theyre well trained. however when they get taken over its aserious problem. History buff is entirely right early acquistions are a must otherwise you go bankrupt very quickly! If u play as stannis ( who i love playing as) theyre pretty much a neccessity.