Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post

I'll do you 7 minutes better, and 4 other parts. I'd do more but my Pc is our for repairs...
    Looking good Soul, keep up the good work. Promise that all can be done is being done with the resources that are available people. Ya'll won't be disappointed, I swears.

I'll do you 7 minutes better, and 4 other parts. I'd do more but my Pc is our for repairs...
    This is actually awesome. This is all that's really needed in a front page thread saying Whats the status. upload these types of videos there and in your twitter and it will go an extremely long way to have people stop badgering you about whats the status. Thanks!
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Default Is there a playable version atm?

ello folks, I thought ill give this a try but I kinda am unable to find any complete installation or at least any playable installation. The 0.53 version I managed to somehow run on my steam MTW2Kingoms has units missing >.> Did I do something wrong or is this still just WiP? Ive checked the vid preview thats stickied in the main thread and what I got is nowhere near that .)

thank you.
    and yes I did look around for answe. Didnt find any.

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Is there a playable version atm?

Nope, there's .53 and a bunch of excellent mods.

v1.0 soon but not yet.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

ANd is that playable to some degree or just cosmetics? As said mod I have is pretty much heroes only.

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    ANd is that playable to some degree or just cosmetics? As said mod I have is pretty much heroes only.
    I don't really get your question but 1.0 will be an exellent mod.

The map is one of the nicest I have ever played and we have a active script that gives the player opertunity to follow the book timeline and events with several character spawns that gives the Campaign flavour.

Units are all new with a brand new recruitment system that requires the player to stay in Control of a major part of a kingdom to be able to recruit from it. This does not affect the AI but should be really nice in Hotseats where players may use divide and conquer tactics.

I promise you it will be worth your while even if you as many have waited for years.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Ive checked the vid preview thats stickied in the main thread and what I got is nowhere near that
    What you see in the video 'previews' is not publicly available yet. And there is a Q&A/Questions thread for this kind of thing.

Has anything change regarding Targaryiens and Wildlings? Will they show up as emergent factions?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

And will there ever be a dedicated stickied screenshot thread? (please?)

Used to have one, as I seem to recall. I've a number of Twitter Previews (Pictures) on the OP of this thread. Given the small amount of limited things to show I don't think Pics warrant a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Has anything change regarding Targaryiens and Wildlings? Will they show up as emergent factions?
    The current team is working to get a fully functional mod out dealing with the events shortly after Ned Starks execution, once the base mod is out all the ideas that have been brought forth will available for submodders to create a campaign of their choice. I'm sure one will be made including what you're after.

Thanks for your answer.
    Do you know maybe what is number of regions they currently use? I would realy love to see part of essos included in it, it would give great varienty.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Okay, my question:

If a mod-leader gets banned for stealing content but has released a mod outside of this forum - What are the permissions for using stuff from his mod?

Also, if his mod is using stuff from Game of Thrones: Total War without permission - shouldn't that give Game of Thrones: Total War the same right to use his stuff?

I just want the portraits of family members etc as i would otherwise have to create the same content which is a bore, i also do want the heroes, some strat-models, possibly some ships and maybe their Unsullied unit as ours aren't ready just yet. Also they do have one undead of interest and the Warhammer stuff which i could already use from BotET - but these are modified by the german team to fit in Westeros. They are also spiting fire unlike the ones in Warhammer?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I avoid the german mod/team/whatever they call themselves on principle, but that's me.

I avoid the german mod/team/whatever they call themselves on principle, but that's me.
    I can respect that - but i have no problem using their material as long as it's not stolen from Third Age, 1.0 or anything like that. I am guessing the portraits are made by their team so it should not matter? They took material from our mod. As for what material they stole from 1.0 i have no clue - possibly those ships and strat-map settlements?

In any case, they have a few heroes that would fit GoT until Vltima finishes his own models.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Another question:

I tried to merge some banners held by bannercarriers with the Bolton Light Officer - but the intro video stoped playing when entering the game and instead there was a black background? And it CTD:s when attempting to start a battle - and when restoring all the changes nothing got better?

I removed the entire mod, as i have an unchanged version uploaded on the internet. But this seems really dangerous as the changes affect the game but doesn't disappear after restoring things in the EDU and the BMDB. It's like the mod got corrupted or something?

- The Havamal

Completed Map From Iron Islands to Qarth... Requesting Permission to release it as a (Sub?)Sub-mod

Hey, I just finished a map of that covers all of the Known World west of Qarth.

I intend to release it for anyone to use and modify, and I'll release a bare bones version (thanks to Alpaca's stripped down mod folders) but I'd also like to release it as a submod or preferably a sub-submod so that people can actually play an immersive GOT game on it without having to modify it personally. There's some great Submods with some great UI, units, etc, and I'd like to pair my map with some of that.

If you are a mod creator, or have the permission to grant such requests, please let me know.

Hey, the above post was made accidentally from my old account. If you are going to PM me, please use this account. Sorry

Civis

Hey Soul, after you are done with the Greyjoys, are you going to do the Martells?

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Soul needs to be doing map work, and absolutely nothing else until it's done