Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Domesticus

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Oh, I wanna ask, whats the most complete mod that represents the times of the War of the Five Kings? Thats my big interest

I got enough time left to get another mod

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Maybe Youngbloods files or Matto16's New Beginning Mod. It is more polished then youngbloods, new map and everything. Check it out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...N-2-0-RELEASED!

So I was trying to use the 1.0 team's stannis skins in a mod I'm toying around in and they don't wrap properly with the vanilla models, so my question is do those skins only fit the models that were included in the gift to WTW submodders download?

As to not confuse anyone I meant the Stannis skins and models that were released by the team in the gift to WTW submodders download.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Yep they only fit the models they were skinned for! That's a general rule of thumb with models

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Will Hoster Tully still be alive? Where also where will Robb and his host start?

This is more a general MTW question, but im curious; is the campaign at all effected by playing in hotseat mode with AI controlled factions?
    I really wanna play as Stark and Tully or Lannister and Joffrey, Tyrell and Renly etc...controlling both factions in my own hotseat, Leaving the rest as AI; are campaign scripts/AI behavior effected by this?

Can someone please explain to me what hotseating is?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

@donions "This is more a general MTW question, but im curious; is the campaign at all effected by playing in hotseat mode with AI controlled factions?"
    I Think the epithets might crash. Ex. "Robb Stark King in The North" could end up as just "Robb" otherwise I am not sure

@Straight Up Jumpshoot "Can someone please explain to me what hotseating is?"
    A gamemode were you controll several factions from one computer thus making the computer chair a hot seat because you constantly have to switch between players. This is being used to play online against other players were you play your turn and then upload the save for the next player. If you are interested check out the westeros total war hotseat forum, we are a happy bunch who allways welcome new players! I Think we might be Close to 50 active players at the moment
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    @donions "This is more a general MTW question, but im curious; is the campaign at all effected by playing in hotseat mode with AI controlled factions?"
    I Think the epithets might crash. Ex. "Robb Stark King in The North" could end up as just "Robb" otherwise I am not sure
    The epithets dont show, only if you click the disable console button. If you leave it, then it is just a normal SP game, except you control two factions.

Hi I am new here and cant very well oriented in the forum posts. I would like to play this mod in regular chronological order and I would really appreciate if someone can post for me chronological links for different mods and submods? or where can i found regular link. Many thanks for your time and help

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

KoRaH, AoK, War of Conquest, Blackfyre, Wrath of the North, Fire and Blood, Enhanced(Youngbloods)/New Beginnings, WRM, Winds of Winter
    I will get some links up soon (WRM just click my sig)

EDIT: See the submods thread....that has a few of them
    Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; February 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Just look around, it's more work for someone to dig through them and post here just because you are lazy/new. Any of the good submods are right here on the front page.

Good luck.

Was this an experimental unit, or a custom general model? I only ask because it isn't in the Lannister faction preview, and that was more recent then this preview.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Use your imagination Darkstar... Likely it is a generic battlemodel for the Lannisters who dont have golden sideburns, white cloaks or impboddies. Ex Kevan, Stafford, Martyn, Willem, Tyrek, lancel or devan!

As for dissing lazy noobs, instead of asking two seperate questions a day you might want to combine them all into one post words from a notorious doubleposter
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

WIP model for an extra unit for the Lannisters by HxM. They'll be in the game.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yeah, they be knights of the rock.

How does one go about killing Renly as Stannis?

Sticking a sword through his heart.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Whether that is a real sword, or one of blood magic is up to you...

But how do i find him? I want to use the shadow on him. And what happens when i do kill him? Does the Stormlands join me?