Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

I cant help you but if you don't get an answer here try
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help
    there you get good help with tech issues

Will there be more cities than in the Alpha release? The alpha release has huge economy problems because there are very few cities, some factions don't even have cities to start out with.
    Last edited by Zimmy; August 05, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

There are only a few citys in westeros. Oldtown, Kings Landing, Lannisport, Gulltown and White Harbor. However I think it should be more towns in game.. However Im pretty certain Toho and the team are on top of these things!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    There are only a few citys in westeros. Oldtown, Kings Landing, Lannisport, Gulltown and White Harbor. However I think it should be more towns in game.. However Im pretty certain Toho and the team are on top of these things!
    You are forgetting Sunspear

True that!

I`m not sure how many towns will be in the final game; however cities are meant to be unique and of an huge strategic value because they generate such an high income.

Q: Will religion be represented in the mod?A: We are looking into this possibility, yes.
    Has this possibility been looked into yet? As I was reading last night I got the idea that the "culture/religion" of TW can instead be whose loyal to what king. The only thing religion is good for in game is unrest and when you can recruit units. Religious agents can instead be someone that is spreading the word of someones claim to the throne, thus raising the unrest in w/e region he is preaching. I also think it is easier to have factions of the same culture/religion stay allied, so faction that both believe Joffrey to be the rightful king will be easier to keep as allies(I think). I just think there is more possiblities with this option instead of religion, Westeros was not really divided by religion and it seems religious tolerance was the norm in Westeros, most cities had a Sept and a Godswood so people can practice whatever.Just thought I would share my two cents with the team, it's amazing how much i think of when I am reading, "Oh, that would make a good unit, ah now I know why they didn't do a Wildling faction, they were to lazy to make Mammoths and Giants and dogsleds"

that is exactly what we have done. it is the "loyalty" system that allows faction to wage a culture war against the other houses and cause the enemy settlement's support of their faction to drop and gradually units, buildings and some other stuff within a limited frame are disabled until the agent is assassinated or you have your own agents spreading your influence.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply Toho.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Hey folks Is there any submod here that adds custom settlements like in third age total war?

Not at this moment, no, I'm presuming you're talking about the battle map because the GoT adds some custom settlements but only on the campaign map.
    Last edited by guiguy98; September 19, 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Meh, I don't get people's obsession with custom settlements.

They are hard to model, hard to code, take a lot of time which could be used for other stuff, AI pathfinding is hell, sieges are not as interesting as open field battles (to me, at least), etcetcetc.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I like the look of the custom Kingslanding. But that's really all you need.

I can understand in cities like that and Oldtown throwing in one or two custom buildings, but they can be 99% vanilla settlements.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Custom buildings would be nice to see: starry sept, citadel, bear pit, heart trees, ect
    Would the lordship titles be passed on to children of dead lords or would u have to find the kid and send him back to the settlement?

Vagelaras's Avatar Tiro

Will the night be dark and full of terrors ?

Can you tell when ( not exactly ) it will be released ? In 2013 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Vagelaras View Post
    Will the night be dark and full of terrors ?
    It is known.... derp

Vagelaras's Avatar Tiro

Sure, but if you belong to the mod team you are avoiding a question ...

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

He doesn't and we don't answer that question. Except with wildfire

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Vagelaras's Avatar Tiro

Do you know how convincing I am ?

Anyway, there is a lot of work to be done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagelaras View Post
    Sure, but if you belong to the mod team you are avoiding a question ...
    Consider me an acknowledged stalker...

As for questions I have a briliant one: Could you pretty please use the Lannister armours and helmets used in the HBO show Game of Thrones? I love those...