Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperator title

Default Imperator title

Hey guys...

I really like this mod, it makes RTW into both a war game, and a game of politics
    i was just wondering. how can a Practician Optimate who has the kindest and justest traits name him self imperator...?

i really dont get it?

I own the following regions:

Southern Spain
    Cisalpine Gaul
    Sicily
    Carthage
    Magna Greaca
    Illyria & Pannonia Superior
    Greek Provinces along the western "Mare Nostrum"
    Norica
    Epeiros

Currently invading:
    Macedonia

i know its something with the ammount of provinces BUT, the first imperator (Sulla) had all of Numidia, Macedonia, Ionia and Thrakia
    Last edited by The_Blacksmith; May 25, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Imperator title

Nothing special about how to earn Imperator title, Roman need to have 40 regions and no Roman Rebels(non-senate)/Carthage (senate version) exist. That is all.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Nothing special about how to earn Imperator title, Roman need to have 40 regions and no Roman Rebels(non-senate)/Carthage (senate version) exist. That is all.
    so if i give up a region somewhere to the rebels ill loose it?

and the bad thing about it is that it starts the doomed thingy'magig empire xD

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Did emperors before romolus augustulus loose the title?

You better rush before doom catches you
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Did emperors before romolus augustulus loose the title?

You better rush before doom catches you
    FUUUUUUUUUUU.....

but... i dont rush? and i just got the marian reforms... im trying to be semi historical...

i persionally find it quite annoying, along with the fact that i have tried as hard as i can with swapping Offices, cities, army command ect ect ect in other words, the idear that no roman should have too much power...

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

But the irony is that by exersicing so much control over your empire (swapping offices, manipulating stats etc etc) you give too much power to you faction leader

anyways... +rep for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoHitmanGR View Post
    But the irony is that by exersicing so much control over your empire (swapping offices, manipulating stats etc etc) you give too much power to you faction leader

anyways... +rep for the game.
    He has no office exept Faction leader, and very few followers...

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
    He has no office exept Faction leader, and very few followers...
    yeah.. i mean that in RL if a man interfered so much with the affairs of a state
    sure he would get a bit arrogant. Power corrupts as they say.

[QUOTE=Suppanut;9637234no Roman Rebels(non-senate)/Carthage (senate version) exist. That is all.[/QUOTE]

not true... i've made a new campaign where i gifted the roman rebels most of spain, before i got 40 regions. when i got 40 regions i got the Imperator title...

Oh dear...

234BCE, and I've just crowned my first Grand Sufet of Carthage. In complete control of the Western Med coastline. Ironically his name was Karthalo.

please make the ammount for the romans larger... its impossible to make the roman REPUBLIC before getting this annoying title...

and how about making the title archilleries spawn faster?

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Been doing relatively ok until now with this title and the associated doom, corruption had only been about 5000-7000 more for expense than income and then all of a sudden it jumped to a 20000 difference, I had not taken any new settlements for ages and my FL had not gained any new traits that I could see. Killed off the FL and started a new line but still a 15000-20000 gap per turn. How can stop the corruption?

How can stop the corruption?
    What you need is FL with.....
    1) Management higher than 5 and higher mean better, easy to boost with retinues in your stock.
    2) Trait that boost their control over administration...
    Disciplinarian
    Authoritarian
    GoodAdministrator
    HarshRuler
    DreadfulLeader
    Diligence
    3) Avoid taking historical capital any factions and relased capital of other factions you already have to friendly factions to reduced snowball effects.

And avoid....
    1) FL with Management less than 5
    2) Avoid FL with these traits
    BadDisciplinarian
    NonAuthoritarian
    BadAdministrator
    Ignorance
    Corrupt
    Dementia
    Rootless
    3) Avoid character with strange traits description as it is likely to be fake trait and cause problem to you later(they usually have high Influence, bewared!).
    Last edited by Suppanut; June 12, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

Ok, thanks for that list, going back in XC game now, do you have a list of Faction capitals?

Here you are...
    Tyde
    Gergovia
    Carthago
    Roma
    Rugia
    Pella
    Sparta
    Seutopolis
    Alexandria
    Amesia
    Seleucia
    Mariaba
    Thospia
    Kasbi
    Nisa
    Bactra

Each capitals have their own monuments which will give penalty to any non-owner faction on corruption. If you give it to one faction too many of them it will quickly erode that faction and ruined your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Here you are...
    Tyde
    Gergovia
    Carthago
    Roma
    Rugia
    Pella
    Sparta
    Seutopolis
    Alexandria
    Amesia
    Seleucia
    Mariaba
    Thospia
    Kasbi
    Nisa
    Bactra

Each capitals have their own monuments which will give penalty to any non-owner faction on corruption. If you give it to one faction too many of them it will quickly erode that faction and ruined your gameplay.
    Ouch, I got 5 on that list excluding Roma, shall I just let them go rebel then? Sent you PM also

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Total Roach, please bring your experience here so we can compare with other players.
    The whole doom mechanism was developed when player feedback was very low so we need more info to see if we made it too harsh.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hi, sorry was trying to get the PM sorted and my ISP stopped working and then watched Jensen Button win in Montreal ending the run of wins by that young whippersnapper Vettel Then had to console my 5mth old son and finally I'm back on the forum with the last of my good scotch and it's bedtime

Anyways, sent you that PM with screenshots. Will look tomorrow but I usually destroy those pure happiness temples out of hand as I learnt even from vanilla with that Julii temple making FMs drunks.

I think the problem has to be with capturing the monuments, as although I had received the Imperator title some time ago I had not had much trouble until after I had taken Tyde, I already had Sparta, Pella and Cathago and the 2 different FLs in the screenshots I PM you were all not so long after taking Tyde and Georgvia. The thing is we have to capture these settlements, and if you give them away, who to? Every other faction is almost always waiting for any excuse to stab you in the back, so either way you have to surround it or occupy it so it costs either way.

There has to in my most humble of opinions be another way to discourage blitzing, I personally want all the good stuff so taking the map with levy hoplites for example is not for me; the huge recruitment and salary costs for units help for sure, but if you are a natural turtler like me it's not too much of a problem once you understand how to build the economy and learning it is a huge leap up from XGM but certainly more rewarding, it's taken me 100years so far to get Carthago up towards the last but 1 tier of economics buildings(have to make sure it doesn't rebel too).

The problem maybe also lies with the victory conditions, not so much the provinces but the time limit, if it takes 250yrs to build an empire capable of supporting many stacks to conquer your required VC settlements then you find you always chasing time, I sure that emperors and kings of the past were not thinking about having to capture lands before they were ready, maybe that's a game limitation, but if not maybe it should be lengthened to the point where the Roman Empire split in 2 like they are in BI.

I like the government process and the way the settlement colonization works, military occupation is the single most genius thing you can build in this game It does however take 52 turns to fully colonise a province to your faction and that is without building anything else like trade buildings, health, religion or barracks. Now whilst I am prepared to wait this long, this is where the problem of expansion and corruption really hurts, you have to expand because that is the nature of the game, but the more you do so the more money you need to spend but then you get less as you hit the levels of doom.

I personally would really like to hear from other players how they manage with these issues.

My opinions are just that, and I feel very humble in making them as after who am I but a lowly player. I do not wish to offend in any way merely to make things better as perhaps I'm not the only one struggling at times.

Thank you to Zarax and Suppanut for your awesome work

P.S. maths has never been my strong point so sorry if any of it's wrong
    Last edited by Total Roach; June 12, 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: extra info

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

I peronally think that Blitzing shouldnty be discouraged. The game needs to be balanced between the two as some people like Roach like to turtle and others prefer blitzing, if we make blitzing impossible to do then fewer people will want to play.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    I peronally think that Blitzing shouldnty be discouraged. The game needs to be balanced between the two as some people like Roach like to turtle and others prefer blitzing, if we make blitzing impossible to do then fewer people will want to play.
    PM on it's way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast