Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deployable Bamboo Stakes - updated for new Sengoku Jidai, TROM units etc

Default Re: Deployable Bamboo Stakes

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    It's cheating for enemy cavalry... They are blind, not me... Can you add bamboo straw wall -from historical solo quick battle too- instead pikes -because straw wall is not cheating? Or two separated mini mods compatible together + one merge?

I notice that when i deploy the stakes at the start of a battle, an enemy army wiht more than 2 cavalry units will stop advancing, find a hill and camp out on top of it. The AI (so it seems to me) is at least partially capable of circumventing stake useage. Plus the stakes disapear after killing horses so unless you lay down a thick field of them they arent that dangerous. Great for covering flanks/funneling.

IIRC bamboo walls are only available for matchlock units in defence, as in the enemy stack attacks your stack, the same requirement to get the archers deployable walls.

Having stakes, bamboo walls and deployable walls as unit upgrades instead of being linked to a specific unit type would be great.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Nice mod dude...thanks

I recommend trying a campaign not using cavalry, while using the wooden stakes to counter enemy cavalry.

It is a challenge, up until you figure out how to use them most effectively, once you are there you actually have an advantage over the enemy. Also use forest to your advantage.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    I recommend trying a campaign not using cavalry, while using the wooden stakes to counter enemy cavalry.

It is a challenge, up until you figure out how to use them most effectively, once you are there you actually have an advantage over the enemy. Also use forest to your advantage.
    Even before this mod I did not use cavalry... Never had any problems.

But with it you can use smaller forces to achieve the same results i.e. have less of your own men die. Tactics are the key to victory, this simply gives you more options. Staking the front edge of a forested area with your general as bait as an example. Thin out cavalry + they get penalties for trying to melee you in the forest.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    Is this compatible with DarthMod?
    There were a few issues with some new units. Fully updated now I think.

Default Re: Deployable Bamboo Stakes - updated for new Sengoku Jidai, TROM units etc

Greetings,

appreciate the update.

Any chance getting the AI to use it, I know its mainly in the CAI/BAI end of it but perhaps you can collaborate with somebody with the know-how (perhaps you are knowledgeable in that already)...

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Default Re: Deployable Bamboo Stakes - updated for new Sengoku Jidai, TROM units etc

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    Greetings,

appreciate the update.

Any chance getting the AI to use it, I know its mainly in the CAI/BAI end of it but perhaps you can collaborate with somebody with the know-how (perhaps you are knowledgeable in that already)...
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea how to mod the AI to do this.

All I know is that making any tweaks to the battle AI is rather difficult.

I think I read somewhere that the upcoming patch will tweak the AI to use more special abilities though.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Any way you could have 2 different choices? One for stakes, one for shields? I hate how you have to wait in the same spot for a season and then be able to deploy shields, should be able to have them on any defense or attack.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    But with it you can use smaller forces to achieve the same results i.e. have less of your own men die. Tactics are the key to victory, this simply gives you more options. Staking the front edge of a forested area with your general as bait as an example. Thin out cavalry + they get penalties for trying to melee you in the forest.
    Yari ashigaru pwn every type of cavalry out there... They are my bamboo walls.

Thanks !

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Link is dead

This small mod enables all bow and matchlock infantry to deploy defensive stakes; thus providing an extra level of protection against cavalry charges. Updated V.2 for Sengoku Jidai DLC, TROM, and AUM units.
    http://uk2.strategyinformer.com/v2/download/2718e13c/shogun2totalwar/Wooden_Stakes_Ability2.zip

is there a mod enabling deploying bamboo walls for matchlock units?

Could someone please upload this mod again? The link died again...

Quote Originally Posted by averages View Post
    Could someone please upload this mod again? The link died again...
    Well I seem to have found a version of it for those who are interested, wasn't hard to find at all, altough I don't know if it's the most recent version, or if it works with say, Darthmod.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/tot...-bamboo-stakes

Quote Originally Posted by Ihre Ausführung View Post
    This small mod enables all bow and matchlock infantry to deploy defensive stakes; thus providing an extra level of protection against cavalry charges.

Screenshot and download below.

Regards, Ihre Ausfuhrung

Updated V.2 for Sengoku Jidai DLC, TROM, and AUM units.

Attachment 182184

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It looks awesome for bamboo stakes, thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12