Thread: Question for the Devs

Default Question for the Devs

First of all I would like to introduce myself by saying that this is one damn good mod, and it is currently my favorite at the moment, but there's just one niggling little question that keeps creeping into my mind every time I play it.

Why are hoplite spears so short?

At times it seems like the spears they are using are about 5ft maximum, where as they have been regularly recorded to be up to 2.5 meters in length. The spears they are using right now seem to just be as long as javelins, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that to be historically incorrect.

Here's a picture to explain better

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now SURELY all the hoplites should have a spear about as long as the officers spear, as that looks about right to me, also, in this picture...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The spearheads look downright harmless, they seem to have been compressed in length for some reason and given a "squashed" effect.

Is there some kind of bug I'm experiencing, or is this what was intended by the developers? I will be eagerly awaiting an explanation for either question, and hopefully a way to change/fix this.
    Last edited by Chronologger; May 24, 2011 at 03:15 AM.