Thread: settlement tweaks

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Default settlement tweaks

is there a known problem with rennes? it happened at rennes and dijon? kinda odd...involving invisible walls and floating buildings...Attachment 163957

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: settlement tweaks

Theoretically there's no known problem yet, it might be mod-specific... could you maybe try the same battles with and without tweaked settlement files?

IWTE isn't exactly final, but such issues aren't likely to occur.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

good4eL's Avatar Civis

I would like to try ST on mod. For example, on Crusades campaign. I have three folders in "mods\Holy_land\data\settlements" - middle_eastern, north_european and water. Files from your mod folder would be appropriate to different mods, not just for M2TW vanilla campaign?

Yes, they work for different mods and you can extract them to mods\Holy_land\ (they are to be found in data\settlements after installation).

Regards

what exactly ST do? I don't understand the description in bad ai installation setup.

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Replaced two folders in a crusade\data\settlements\ "middle_eastern" and "north_european" and didn't notice any changes when took a rebel castle. AI still distributes its units throughout the castle, which reduces its ability to defend themselves against the player if the player attacks with one hand. Only when you start to fight with a detachment near the central square, the AI ​​starts to pull the remaining troops to the center.

Is it necessary to install this mod together with RBAI or it is a standalone mod?

About which changes do you mean? Could you please write some of them(new abilities of AI's behavior)?
    Last edited by good4eL; June 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

@napoleonic

Detailed info here (at the bottom of the post). Basically tweaks contain regular files with changed street defense positions.

@good4el

Settlement Tweaks are standalone, if info provided on download page isn't enough, then please refer to the link above.

Proper stage progression by AI requires right settings and even then is hard to achieve (due to the same calculation method for all army sizes and settlement types) and if you by any chance installed RBAI incorrectly, then you might experience more issues.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; June 15, 2011 at 05:40 AM.