Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 2.9.6 beta released!

Default Re: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 1.3.1 released!

i'm downloading the mod right now sounds great.

one question though, i only have the "all clans available" mod, will this mod work? and will i be able to use the other [minor] clans as well? thanks in advance

pls can you upload only heavy nodachi samuai unit ??? thx

I think this mod is okay, but my main complaint is that the garrison troops are waaaaayyyyy too strong.

I feel that it ruins the game, as it makes it too static, especially early game, when you cant afford a large enough or strong enough army to take castles, whilst the garrison forces are often equal to or even larger than the army that you can build!

IMO, it's highly improbable that such a large force of Samurai/Ashigaru troops would be used as garrison forces. Id recommend cutting the number of samurai garrison troops in half, and reduce the ashigaru troops by 30% to even the playing field.

Also, you said that you mostly base your testing of the takeda, this means that your test data may be biased, because your experience is limited to one clan/starting position.Thus, proper balancing cannot be achieved.

I feel that the Hojo clan has a difficult start, because of their weak economy and the fact that you are surrounded on all sides by stronger clans. Even though you have "friendly" relations with the Imagawa and Takeda, as well as trade agreements, they quickly betray you, from my experience within the first few years, and in my last campaign as early as turn 14. This cripples your economy, preventing you from affording the troops and buildings you need to advance.

I have yet to test the other clans, but definitely i feel that some clans are too underpowered at the start due to their poor starting positions.

Also, i just discovered that the Hattori clan still have the default end date for their campaign, rather than your modified one. The tooltips also dont display correctly for their stronghold or fortress.

And for some reason, the fire mangonels dont have the range to actually be used in a siege, ive never been able to actually shoot at the castle defences or its defenders, even when i placed them as close to the line of deployment as possible. so they cant even be used during sieges except if you are defending because then they can actually have targets in range, its just kind of absurd that a siege weapon which cannot move after deployed cant even be used to attack the castle.

I can imagine how the siege troops must feel, "Well, WTF man? why didnt we deploy them close to the walls so we can actually shoot something? I mean, they are just sitting there! how come we cant just drag these things a few yards closer?"
    Last edited by Zippy; December 09, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

well done!

Hello Vragos

First of all, please accept my congradulations, you have honestly, in my opinion made the best shogun 2 mod iv come across =)
    I loved the 12 turn years, loved the garrisons, loved...everything. However, i do have some issues, and having surfed the web to no avail, i have decided to come to you, the creator of the mod

Basically, iv played around 4 campagns using your mod, but i havnt been able to get deep into a single one. It would seem that whenever i start a campagn, things start off fine, but the i may turn off my computer, and when im back and try to load the game, i get a crash to desktop, with the "shogun 2 has stopped working"

I would be oh so grateful if you could tell me the steps i have to take to get this fixed, or the info i have to give you so that you can help me out, as after playing your mod, i really dont want to go back to plain old vanilla shogun.

I have deleted all traces(or so i think) of any past mods iv used, and the crashes are random, but they mean that i keep having to start a new campagn. I was really hoping im missing something, and that you could help me out, as at the moment, i see no other way out of this problem except to commit suppuku xD.

Please msg me back, and i hope we can resolve this

Yours in good faith,

Mahfuz

P.S i am a computer noob, and have no idea what the user script is, so if you can help, try to put it i leighman(spelling?) terms. Also, my copy is on steam

P.S 2.0 Sorry if i wrote too much ^^

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Vragos are you still alive?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Yeah, I am indeed still alive
    Just returned to the modding scene of Shogun 2, my apologies for being absent for so long. Real Life got in the way, in a good way though.

Currently reworking my overhaul so it will once again be compatible after all the updates that were released. It will initially be in a "light" version. The idea will be the same as the original Vragos Campaign, but I will wait a bit before overhauling the CAI and BAI - I'm still not sure how many of the issues they have fixed while I was absent.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 2.1 released!

Waiting on the full / heavy version before I reinstall Vragos campaign.

hi, firstly thank you for great mode it really make my game more enjoyable.

when i play with shogun 2 with full updates i could play almost 130 turns. but at the end, the game crashed and when i tried to load saved file it crashes during loading screen ( before that i get crashes when i try to use metsuke at certain area, explore certain areas but it wasn't really much a problem)

and now i have fall of the samurai installed i thought maybe its because of this but i'm having crash error every few turns that makes the game impossible to play

also i have a suggestion

this mod makes years 12 turn but it also makes characters age every 12 turn.(for example it has been about 50 turns but i still don't have a child to marry )

logically it makes sense its that way but is it possible to make a seperate file to 12 turn per year but 4 turn per character ages

ps: of course i'm playing shogun 2 campaign in fots

Is this mod not work if you have FOTS or have i done something wrong because i have no othernmods on shogun 2

sorry bout that didnt realise it meant other mods

once again i explain i mean i have no other shogun 2 mods

I'll be uploading the full version today, just doing a bit more testing.

This mod is for the original campaign only, it does not modify anything in ROTS og FOTS. I would recommend that you uninstall the vragos campaign before playing those, if you experience any problems at all.

Hi Vragos, great work for making this mod. I am wondering is it possbible to recruit katana ashigaru (as mentioned in mod katana ashigaru is recruitable) in game? The current game i am playing as ODA does not allow me to. I have also use other clans as test and cant recruit katana ashigaru too.

Btw, i am also encountering frequent ctd, i suspect this got something to do wit troops in forest with a troop of enemy nearby.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 2.2 full version released!

Full version released, enjoy.
    It's a beautiful beast.

there is no problem with income and costs right

just played 15 turn and i have 7-8 units of army

isnt unit costs a bit high

(playing legendary)

Quote Originally Posted by revengefire View Post
    there is no problem with income and costs right

just played 15 turn and i have 7-8 units of army

isnt unit costs a bit high

(playing legendary)

The computer gains almost no benefits - aka "cheats" - when you raise the difficulty, but the player has increased recruitment cost and upkeep. So the higher the difficulty, the more aware you have to be as to what units you recruit and when. Legendary was designed to be very hard, and you will most likely soon find yourself outnumbered and needing some heroic victories to be able to conquer any regions. You can easily find yourself in a position in the early game where you will have to lay siege with 7-8 units or pull off a minor miracle if you storm the walls.

I have just tweaked the upkeep cost, making it slightly more expensive for both the AI and the player at all levels. Currently testing it as it has massive impact in the early, mid and late game.
    Last edited by Vragos; June 23, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 2.3 full version released!

2.3 released - enjoy.