Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 2.9.6 beta released!

Default Re: Vragos Campaign - Version 1.2.1 released! DLC compatible.

Hey Vragos, interesting mod, i'll have to try it out. Two questions though. What did you do with realm divide? And it seems you haven't modded anything naval. Would Radious Naval mod be compatible (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...#post9353408)?

Quote Originally Posted by jfmpooh View Post
    Hey Vragos, interesting mod, i'll have to try it out. Two questions though. What did you do with realm divide? And it seems you haven't modded anything naval. Would Radious Naval mod be compatible (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9353408#post9353408)?
    Regarding realm divide, I made the divide happen slightly slower and if you are on very good terms with a clan i.e. marriage and long term trade or alliance and long term trade you should be able to avoid a war. Keep in mind though, wars are determined as much by their own interests - if they see provinces that they can capture, they will most likely try, the relations with you will be less important then. Again this depend on the personality of the clan.

I have indeed not touched much in the naval, I have increased the range on most ships, and some other minor tweaks to make the AI more prone to launch naval invasions. So it won't be compatible per se, but other naval mods shouldn't trow the balance totally off, so I'd say go ahead and try both. I'm very interested in hearing what you find out.

In terms of development, I'm currently testing another major change to battles. I have made most units "stealthy" so that you can no longer see the attacking army before you are quite close, and more use for light cavalry as scouts. It make for some very hectic defences of castles and actually improves the behavious of the AI from what I've seen so far. Only downside so far is that your army will be using the sneak animation until they are spotted. More on this later.

I looked everywhere in the database for values determining line of sight and the effects of darkness, fog and rain on line of sight. If anyone have found these, I would appreciate any information as that would have the same effect, but more elegant.

Edit: Gave up on the idea of hiding units, the AI bugs too much - I'll keep looking for a more elegant solution. Meanwhile, here is a screenshot of the new Heavy No-Dachi Samurai that I'm working on vs the standard No-Dachi Samurai.
    Last edited by Vragos; June 02, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Working hard on the finishing touches on version 1.3 - it will include:

• A massive overhaul of the campaign AI again, the CAI is now truely scary, still without having extreme "cheating" benefits.
    • A complete overhaul of the way the CAI recruit and balance armies.
    • A complete overhaul of the auto-resolve.
    • A complete overhaul of the way the AI prioritize their money, with focus on them building up their cities even if they are at war.
    • New recruitable unit: Heavy No-Dachi
    • New and very powerful garrison units, a city full of dojos will now be able to have a full stack of defenders - making it very hard to take a city, even if their mobile army is away.
    • Ninja buildings will now include a standing contract with them to defend the city.
    • New recruitment patterns for several clans, so each have a more unique way of recruiting units that are the trademark of their clans. This will be expanded in future versions.
    • Re-balance of siege units, including easier access to them. How a siege workshop wouldn't be able to build a mangonel in vanilla is beyond me...
    • Unit card mod included.
    • Improved general skill tree, including increased bodyguard size early on, easier access to night battles and much more.
    • Increased campaign time to year 1600 on short, 1620 on long and conquest. Also adjusted the regions required to win to 15, 25 and 40 respectively.
    • And a bunch more...

Here is a screenshot of one of the AI armies at 50 turns - mind you, that is just three years and two months, 15-20 units in a army is pretty normal at this point - for their invasion armies. The 120 man ninja units are exclusive to the Tokugawa and Hattori, and they will use them a lot more than ever before. Also the AI has put points in increasing their generals bodyguard size.

You can see the message that one of the AI clans is about to beat me to building one of the first legendary buildings.

You might think I played Date in this campaign... but actually I'm Takeda once again, and only managed to take defeat the Hojo clan and take their two starting provinces before Uesegi and Imagawa swooped in and took the rest. My economy is doing great! Because I just lost most of my army in a Uesegi ambush.
    Last edited by Vragos; June 07, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

I am on turn 120, still waiting out the two years on the Shogun after taking Kyoto.

The enemy still seemed to favor archer more, some army compose of 80% archer, but some army seemed fine, so I dont know the reason exactly.

I like how you change the food requirement and castle garrison. I can defend most of my cities even without an army there because the garrison are sufficient to hold them and I can actually build the higher level castles.

Although in my experience I had marriage with two clans, Jinbo and Date, but both relationship didn't last very long.

Is it possible to increase the rate which general are spawned? Because the sons ages so slow now, I found my self with a shortage of generals during the early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
    I am on turn 120, still waiting out the two years on the Shogun after taking Kyoto.

The enemy still seemed to favor archer more, some army compose of 80% archer, but some army seemed fine, so I dont know the reason exactly.

After I released 1.2.1 I found several new ways to control the AI recruitment pattern, it will be included in the 1.3 which - hopefully - goes up today. Since there is a new startpos file for that - it won't be savegame compatible with 1.2.1 though. I'll make a patch that will be savegame compatible, but have most of the new features for those of you who want to complete your current campaign.

Although in my experience I had marriage with two clans, Jinbo and Date, but both relationship didn't last very long.

Is it possible to increase the rate which general are spawned? Because the sons ages so slow now, I found my self with a shortage of generals during the early stages.

Friendly terms or very friendly terms merely mean that it is easier to broker deals with them, in terms of wether they will exclude you from their expansion plans your relationship actually only count for 10% if I remember correctly. I'll look into it, we don't want it too easy to avoid wars though - since money can often get you on good terms.
    Best way to avoid a war is to have decently defended borders with them and a strong army somewhere on the map, or an alliance with them.

I'll look into the values for spawning generals, some clans suffer more than others in this regard - some start with a lot of children and brothers that are almost ready to become generals. Which clan do you play as?

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by Vragos; June 07, 2011 at 02:14 AM.

....shogun 2 total war stopped working...

Is it just me?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    ....shogun 2 total war stopped working...

Is it just me?
    With over 200 downloads and noone else mentioning crashes, I think so.

Can you describe when the crash happens? Is it at startup, when starting new campaign, when loading a campaign, when starting a battle or?

Are you running any other mods?
    Are you using the Ikko Ikki DLC?
    Is your shogun 2 updated to the latest patch?

Hard for me to look into it without knowing these things.

I think there might be a bug with Taking Kyoto but can't become the shogun. I thiink I have taken Kyoto for more than 2 years but nothing pop up still. Maybe I miscalculate the time. But did you try to fully finish a campaign before?

Also Ikko Ikki can't build any reg. heroes..is that intentional?

I think there might be a bug with Taking Kyoto but can't become the shogun. I thiink I have taken Kyoto for more than 2 years but nothing pop up still. Maybe I miscalculate the time. But did you try to fully finish a campaign before?

Also Ikko Ikki can't build any reg. heroes..is that intentional?

@becoming shogun: Yeah, I have tried it - I will recheck it though, thanks for the heads up. I will delay 1.3 till I have confirmed that becoming shogun works. Give me a couple of hours Just checked the files, they do say 24 turns - manually testing now.

@Ikko Ikki heroes: I hate Ikko Ikki, so I usually only play them just enough to test any changes I make. Since I was pretty sure I didn't disable them, I checked the vanilla files - they were never able to recruit them. I ran into some issues while trying to finish up 1.3 so that has taken all day to fix. Next on the to-do list is making more monk units, I'll have a look at some new unique hero units for Uesegi and Ikko Ikki. Monk No-Dashi Hero perhaps, or maybe some Monk Bow Hero units. As always, I'm open for suggestions.
    Last edited by Vragos; June 07, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

I think they are like a half- baked Uesugi faction, the skill tree are essentially just swap around a couple skills and all general have +2 convert for religion. But with only access to 3 ronin and no heavy cav. and heroes there really isn't too much point researching military skill tree.

They are fun in there own ways I guess...I know there are some warrior monk unit for cav, like archers and no-dachi..but I don't think they are really a priority right now. I figure the rest of the change you mention are much more useful right now

Alrighty, I want to give Uesegi some attention though... since I removed all samurai units from them.

About becoming shogun, I found it... I set it to 48 turns by accident.Will fix it ofc.

I think you should get your own mod forum Vragos, this mod deserves one!

Is there an ETA on 1.3 yet? I've been holding out on starting a new campaign, but if it takes a lot longer I'll just start another one with 1.2.1

Btw great work!!

Vragos,

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your mod. I'm getting my behind handed to me playing as the Uesegi, but enjoying it none-the-less.

Eagerly awaiting the 1.3 release and will be more than happy to give feedback.

I also think this mod is deserving of its own forum as well. Very well done.

Thanks for sharing your hardwork!

@DemonicSquirrel and Rule303
    Thanks for the encouragement, I simply had to take a short break as my brain was melting trying to introduce new buildings and new building chains. I've logged almost 400 hours of testing and an unknown amount of hours staring at tables since I started this mod, so it is taking it's toll (Sometimes I wish steam didn't keep track of the time I played this game...)

I would really like to tell you that 1.3 will be up tomorrow, and I'll work hard to make it happen - but things sometimes take a lot longer to test and bugfix that I imagine.

I was stuck trying to make the smiths build in the cities destructable beyond their base level, and failing that I tried to simply introduce three whole new chains of buff-buildings.
    During my half-day break from modding I found a better solution, which should be more elegant in game too. I realized the space in the cities are way too precious for it to be really viable. While I can control wether the AI build them or not, it would encourage human players to build 2-3 buff buildings and just 1-2 dojos to produce the optimal units. This really puts more restrictions on us because ofcourse we want the best upgrades for our units possible, and it didn't feel right.

I'll be scrapping a couple of days worth of work, remove the smiths from the cities and then start to rework the entire encampent/armoury/barracks/hunting lodge chain instead.
    With proper renaming and change of bonuses it should provide a better and more fluent experience. I will also reduce the benefit of having a regional smith, and move some of these bonuses into the buildings that you can build in cities. The end result should be that you still would prefer to build troops in a region with a master smith, but that you can still recruit high-quality troops even if you havn't been able to conquer a smith-region.

I'll get to work on this bright and early tomorrow, so if there is any feedback you would like me to consider before putting up 1.3 it better be quick

Oh, and I think I might eventually be able to add more levels to a lot of building chains, making the development of cities continue for longer... I'll save that for the next version though, I want to get this wrapped up so you guys can get your hands on it.
    Last edited by Vragos; June 08, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I can, if you want to, help you with some encampment building bonuses. My mod messing with them a lot. I managed to create new building effects that alter only the units I want to. I.e. the barracks now only increase the charge of the yari garys, while the hunting lodge only affects the accuracy of the yumi garys.

Now the only way a samurai unit get bonuses is from dojos (their armor and some weapon bonuses depend on the castle level, that in my head represent the wealth of the samurai class on the region, thus better castles, more money they have, better armor and weapons they can buy).

To compensate all this I'm making sure that even a maxed out gary units have most of is stats lower than a low-medium level samurai. However, given the difference in sizes of the units, a gary unit can take out a samurai unit by overwhelming it with numbers, so the core of the armies now are a few truly samurai units, while the garys are the backbone, necessary for the support of the samurai.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; June 09, 2011 at 07:46 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbaal19 View Post
    I can, if you want to, help you with some encampment building bonuses. My mod messing with them a lot. I managed to create new building effects that alter only the units I want to. I.e. the barracks now only increase the charge of the yari garys, while the hunting lodge only affects the accuracy of the yumi garys.
    Thanks for the offter, I got it covered though - I already have the mechanics in place from the work I did on Dojos which is similar to the effects you describe. It was simply the attempt of introducing brand new chains of buildings that turned out to be too complicated... yet

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Oh...! Well, good luck with that! I haven't try that yet, I hope is not that difficult! There's no guide about it on the mood workshop? Only for units... if you succeed, please let me know how!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

1.3 is up, enjoy.
    It is not savegame compatible with 1.2.1 or earlier, there were just too many changes to make it possible.

I'm still running my final test campaign, but everything works so far. As always please report any issues you find and I'll look into it.

SergeH78's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Shogun 2 Vragos Campaign - Version 1.3 released!

Hi Vragos!
    began to play for the Shimazu, the first task there was crash, when I hovered over the army of the enemy to see
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia