Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRES OF DESTINY 1.1.0 EPIC EDITION *PUBLIC BETA 2* (***Patch 3*** now available!)

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: EMPIRES OF DESTINY EPIC EDITION v1.0

Hi,

Oh, what a great surprise !!!

It's amazing !

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

hip63 - love the signatures and first post pics mate!! bloody awsome and that Launcher looks like something that CA should pay you good money for!!! +reps kidda

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

I am getting a CTD here, trying to play the Causa Belli campaign....

I'll be honest with you. I'm very afraid.

I've spent many hours tweaking my system trying to get DMUC to and DM to work, to no avail. I experienced enless CTDs during the battle phases. Many of the CTDs (I feel) were caused by conflicting battlefield graphics).

My CPU is not mediocre, but it's not top of line (526 ram, 40 GB HD, AMD 526 graphics card). I realize that playing ETW on such a system is a crap shoot. But I really like the era and no other comes close.

Since, I've uploaded mods that seem to work well and I've done pretty well.

Given the above why should I attemtp to install your mod?

Please don't consider this a dispersion on your mod. But it's anything like DMUC/DM, for me, it's going to fail.

Comments? Suggestions? Arguments?

It really looks awesome i installed right now, but i get CTD right when i get to the loading screen of a campaign, i tried to start different campaigns but it always crashes. I'd appreciate any help. I followed all the install instructions, and it all seemed fine until the main menu, but then it just crashes and this makes me so saaad

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Alright... i ve checked it a bit more. Any campaign i try to play, any battle i try to play, i get a CTD from the moment i click "start campaign/start battle". No matter what option i have, i uninstalled and reinstalled, problem remains..... and as far as i can tell, i cant exactly count on your support, so yeah..... waste of 1.8gb in my disks, but not for long.

Scorepio's Avatar Libertus

Will my vanilla game still work ?

Soldat-Kamerad's Avatar Libertus

Oh, guys, I have a problem - how to launch your mod? I havnt any launchers of it on my desktop or data folder! May be I am doing something wrong?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I am utterly speechless .......

Im not sure how to show my gratitude to a god so maybe i can salute you as one would during a most epic time as this.

Hip63 i have played almost 8000 hours of darth mod alone this will surely top this now empire remains my favorite game of all time this mod will now make me play empire again.

I can seriously not show enough gratitude to you mate i am over pleased and speechles my day has improved like crazy.

I will never forget this ever have a great day.

I can't seem to be able to play this mod for some reason. I followed the install instructions to the letter, even running the installer and launcher as administrator. The installer even had me restart windows to finish the install but when I try to run the launcher I get "Empires of Destiny pack files are missing! Please check your EOD installation before playing!" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with the exact same result. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Epic, simply epic...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'll be honest with you. I'm very afraid.

I've spent many hours tweaking my system trying to get DMUC to and DM to work, to no avail. I experienced enless CTDs during the battle phases. Many of the CTDs (I feel) were caused by conflicting battlefield graphics).

My CPU is not mediocre, but it's not top of line (526 ram, 40 GB HD, AMD 526 graphics card). I realize that playing ETW on such a system is a crap shoot. But I really like the era and no other comes close.

Since, I've uploaded mods that seem to work well and I've done pretty well.

Given the above why should I attemtp to install your mod?

Please don't consider this a dispersion on your mod. But it's anything like DMUC/DM, for me, it's going to fail.

Comments? Suggestions? Arguments?
    Firstly, your PC is well out of date. So I think we need to stop right here and you need to do this:

1. Get a new PC that will give you at least this - Windows 7 OP, 4GB Ram, Nvidia Graphics card (GTX275 minimum!!), and a decent duo core processor. now all of this will set you back around £500.00.

2. Once you have the above implemented, come back to this forum and we will have a good talk then!

3. If you dont do the above, I recckon there is no point trying to play the mod on your current system as its well outdated mate, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorepio View Post
    Will my vanilla game still work ?
    Why do you want to play Vanilla game when you have this mod???

Quote Originally Posted by jpaa1701 View Post
    I can't seem to be able to play this mod for some reason. I followed the install instructions to the letter, even running the installer and launcher as administrator. The installer even had me restart windows to finish the install but when I try to run the launcher I get "Empires of Destiny pack files are missing! Please check your EOD installation before playing!" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with the exact same result. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Have you installed the mod to the correct folder?

example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war

Soldat-Kamerad's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Why do you want to play Vanilla game when you have this mod???

Have you installed the mod to the correct folder?

example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war
    Your mod must been installed in DATA folder or EMPIRE TOTAL WAR folder? And in what place must be the EOD launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat-Kamerad View Post
    Your mod must been installed in DATA folder or EMPIRE TOTAL WAR folder? And in what place must be the EOD launcher?
    Create a folder on your desktop and name it: Empires of Destiny Installer

Now download all of the Empires_Of_Destiny_v10_Setup files from the links below to this folder. (10 files in all)

Run the Empires_Of_Destiny_v10_Setup.exe in the Empires of Destiny Installer folder to install it.

Direct the mod to install in your Empire Total War folder, the installer will do the rest!

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

Hello, all. Just thought I'd share this information with anyone who is crashing at the loading screens:
    Be sure to restart your PC right after installing. This solved said problem. Also, be sure to restart after installing the Audio/Video Packs.

Hope this helps!
    Signed,
    zxcvmnb

Oh, and by the way, may I suggest an option that allows you to change upkeep costs? As of now, income is too great and expenses are too low. I think higher upkeep would force you to play on a more strategic level. Nonetheless, great mod!
    Last edited by zxcvmnb; May 22, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

My game just keeps crashing every time I try to play a campaign any loading screen and I did restart my computer... Any suggestions to make it work?

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by murder_mayhem View Post
    That happened to me so i just uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it works.
    Same here.

After total deinstallation + steam cache verify + reinstall >>> it finally works now !

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

Alright Ill try unistalling and reinstalling thanks

Ok, reinstalled and got it to load up but whenever I change any of the options I get CTD after the first loading screen. So I uninstalled, reinstalled and didn't adjust any of the options, but now whenever I try to start a new campaign it CTD's. It doesn't matter if it is the Destiny campaign or the regular Empire campaign I choose. I pick a nation, try to start campaign and CTD.

An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded.