Thread: recruit time

Default recruit time

I'm using the 2.15 version of the mod and I'm wondering if the samurai units are supposed to have a recruitment time of one turn? I didn't see anything to that effect on the download page where it tells me what the mod does.

Also, before I was using the darthmod 1.45 (with 1.65 hotfix or something like that) but I stopped playing after a while because I wanted to wait for the dx 11 patch to come out, and there was no uninstall option for that mod so I just straight deleted the game from my system (for some reason I couldn't uninstall the game either -- didn't show up in program list, no uninstaller, etc). I remember in that version samurai units didn't take one turn to recruit. So I'm wondering maybe there was some residual stuff from the old mod that isn't gelling properly with 2.15 due to my improper deletion of the game and is causing a bug with unit recruitment time.

Or this is supposed to be the case. Also tried searching the forum including the 100 pager and found nobody with a similar issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: recruit time

Are all your samurai units recruitable in one turn? Which clan are you playing?

I haven't played all campaigns, but I know DarthMod makes the clans more unique, for example; the Date clan can recruit (superior) Date No-Dachi Samurai in one turn. As Takeda, I can recruit the different samurai cavalry units from Warhorse Stables without building Sword School, Yari Dojo et cetera (could someone confirm this only works for Takeda clan?).

Kekette's Avatar Laetus

I think archer samouraïs are supposed to have a recruitement time of one turn because i have a one turn recruitement time too but the other i'm not sure it's normal.
    Last edited by Kekette; May 22, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

I loaded my Uesugi game from when I was using 1.45 and all samurai units took one turn. I then started a new game--Chosokabe--and saw that my bow samurai took one turn, and thought that it was a bug. I was unaware of the one turn recruit time for clan specialized units until you pointed that out, ChristianB.

Armed with that knowledge, I just built a sword dojo with my Chosokabe and it looks like the katana samurai take two turns to recruit. So it looks like my old save game has something wrong with it, but the new game is fine; I was just oblivious to the new mechanic of recruitment for a clan's advantageous units, which made the new game look like it had the same problem. Not sure how I feel about that mechanic (it makes me want to start a new Uesugi game and just spam all kinds of monks) but I'll have a better opinion after I see how it affects the game.

Not all samurai have 1 turn building time... I do not know how you get this.
    Only the special clan units like cavalry for Takeda, as mentioned above, can be recruited more easily.