Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0.3 it is! Longer Missions and bonuses, 12 tpy!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0.3 it is! Longer Missions and bonuses, 12 tpy!

Hi to everyone, welcome to the delirium zone...

Thanks and inspiration:
    The thanks are generally left to the end of the mods post, but since this is my delirium I will start by giving thanks for the work and inspiration provided for the following modders and mods:
    - Darth mod by Darth Vader. Used for the great balance on the units stats, changes on the garrisons, and a lot of other things-
    - Sashimono removal mod by Radious. Used mostly for the moderate increase in FPS (at least on Arabelle, she's lousy, but I still love her)
    - Less glossy units by Ftmch. Used so I don't go blind after playing the game a few hours.
    - Arrow dust removal + blood v1.0 by Skullman86. Used to lower the FPS a little and to give some fresh blood to the game..
    - Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) by langtutheky!! Of course, needed to a more profound, deep, hardcore, lengthly, etc... campaign.
    - Vragos, for the interchange of ideas, mostly his!
    - Expect this list to increase in the future, no one goes away without honor!!!

All their hard work is fully recognized and thanked!

I know I can't compete with the other great mods in this section, but since I made a compilation and also change heavily some stuff I think this is the right place to this delirium!

Synopsis:
    This is a 12 turns per year mod (yeah, I know, but some people do like this kind of mods, believe it or not), that continues the endeavor of langtutheky's Monthly Turn Mod V 1.0, changing and tweaking the game to adapt to this new time measure. Now years wont fly by, they will be hard and you'll have to batter them if you wanna survive. Or at least that's what I'm trying...

Also I try to put some of my crazy ideas without resorting too much on scripting (since I really sucks at it right now, what a shamefur dispray!). My crazy ideas can be found here. In the mean time I'm aiming to a fun but more challenging experience. Maybe in the future I will offer two versions, the more challenging, but fun and relaxed one, with the more popular options, and the ultra historical one, where historical precision (in the wide context of that word) if possible at all would be more important that fun. But that does not mean it won't be funny.

Now, hands on the task, what's this mod really about
    I made some crazy stuff on the gameplay without distorting the current mechanics too much (if nothing at all). If you where delirious enough to read my crazy ideas then you should know there are a lot of things that can be done with proper scripting, but since I sucks in scripting (currently trying to correct that), for the time being the changes are going to be small. Somethings I have done:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Sightly increased time to capture elements in the sieges.
    - Sightly increased rate of fire of towers in sieges.
    - Changed the encampment building chain. Armory is now a upgrade of the barracks. Armory and barracks take longer to be build and consume food and money (yeah like upkeep of troops). The barracks provide melee, accuracy and charge bonus, the armory provide that plus armor, but also increase the recruitment cost. The charge, melee and accuracy bonus are less than those of the hunting lodge, jiujutsu dojo and the jousting fields.
    - Hunting lodge, jiujutsu dojo and proving grounds are cheap and fast. Each only gives a single bonus, but they provide better individual bonus than the overall barracks-armory combo (except armor).
    - Income, upkeep, trade routes capacity, recruitment and construction times have been balanced according to a 12 turns year, while trying to make them realistic.
    - Now all the samurai units as most ashigaru ones are recruited from the castle. This makes the armies a lot more variated from the beginning and make the Dojos optional (except for mounted samuari).
    - The matchlock ashigarus now needs the Gunsmith or Arsenal like the Samurai. This would encourage the use of imported matchlocks ashigarus, that have the plus of starting with more experience.
    - All units and buildings have no limits (i.e. no more unique buildings).
    - All samurai start with 3 experience to reflect they are trained warriors and not conscripted troops.
    - The limit to the samuari now will be their real high upkeep, so they will be truly elite without resorting to artificial caps.
    - The strategy action points of siege equipment where equalized to those of the infantry.
    - Now all the samurai heroes are mounted. Still not decided if the monk ones should be mounted.
    - Now the mounted samurai units have only sightly better stats when dismounted that the foot samurai and their number got reduced(along with the number of all samurai units). This reflects the fact that the mounted ones where truly elites, but not super humans.
    - Also the difference of mounted/dismounted units is mostly the charge and speed value. Once dismounted, this samurai's stats are similar to the stats of foot ones.
    - Buffed the samurai Dojos bonus in order to make them more attractive to build. Now Dojos give melee, charge and defense bonuses, but they consume some koku. The castle level indicates the armor the level.
    - Everyone but langtutheky had give me permissions. I hope to get in contact with him soon.
    - Katana samurai are on the verge of extinction. Bow samurai now have almost identical stats also having the bow...
    - Increased the length of the effects of the events and dilemmas accordingly to the new time measure. HELL YEAH!!

Pending:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- I would like to be able to script the population mechanics. In the db tables there's a population type table with 3 types of err, population... Also the troops have some categories that can be used to this matter. The growth of population could be tied to the growth value and happiness of the town, or maybe only to one? I'm really lost here...
    - Introduce if it's possible the clans re texture mod, and the other that gives individual units every clan, so if the stats are different, and the looks are different, then they will be really different units?
    - Decide if the katana samurais are removed or not. Because all the other samurai units have katanas too... so if you need a "katana" samurai unit on the field then you just take any of your samurai units and order them to attack with the sword. I know this works on the yumi samurai, but how about the yari and naginata ones? Of course, the no-dachi are except of this...
    - Change the range/damage of yumi and teppo troops....
    - Hear some feedback to refine the balance.

For now this is all. If enough people try this I'll keep working on it. The next version would tackle the weapons stats based from the Real Weapons Analysis thread if it's needed. I don't really think this creature its balanced, so, if any one wants to help me, well that would be awesome! And it's not necessary to say that any input also would be greatly helpful.

Download and instructions:

Put the pack on your data folder (where da game is installed) and the script on the C:\Users\INSERT YOUR NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts and that's it.

As for compatibility it think is really not much compatible. At least not with anything that is not compatible with the mods I mention above. And for the multiplayer compatibility, well I don't offer that yet. But the final versions will! I would like to give a mod that do not reset the avatar....

UPDATED: THE TREACHEROUS LEADER BUG IS GONE.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 04, 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Uploaded a new beta
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta

Updated some recruitment issues, like the dojos making the samurai go back to 0 experience while recruited.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

12 turns per year! Maybe I'll finally finish the freaking tech tree!

I love the compilation ideas, I'm going to try it out ASAP
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Quote Originally Posted by GambleFish View Post
    12 turns per year! Maybe I'll finally finish the freaking tech tree!

I love the compilation ideas, I'm going to try it out ASAP
    Thanks GambleFish! I hope you do and enjoy it! Of course, as I said above this need a lot more polish!
    As for the tech tree.. well... I also tweaked to fit the new years length. However, I can always be lowered and/or refined.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Good luck with your mod Sir, it looks very nice and interesting.

This is a new request from me to anyone that uses my DarthMod: Shogun II as a base for his mod.
    Please register your mod here:
    DarthMod: Shogun II submods

And copy/paste the below somewhere in your page:
    Certified for DarthMod
    XXX YourMod is based on or uses many files of DarthMod: Shogun II originally made by DARTH VADER.
    XXX YourMod
    is also registered here: DarthMod: Shogun II submods.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Good luck with your mod Sir, it looks very nice and interesting.
    Thanks a lot Mr. Radious!
    I'll keep it up with all my available time.

Updated the version and original post. Actually this it's the first version but the upkeep for samurai units was reduced since it was, erh too much challenging... So now we start with Beta 0.1 if no ones object that...
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 23, 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0.1 it is!

hi
    Thank you for mod and Sorry for my poor language
    The problem is that> when i put pak file and scripts >game do not work(shogun has stopped working)
    But when I delete your mod scripts files (just scripts >no Baal's Delirium pak file) Game worked without error.
    now if i delete scripts file >Baal's Delirium Mod does work perfect???
    thank
    Last edited by king677; May 28, 2011 at 03:57 AM.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

any chance of getting monthly mod working for Ikko....?

Quote Originally Posted by king677 View Post
    hi
    Thank you for mod and Sorry for my poor language
    The problem is that> when i put pak file and scripts >game do not work(shogun has stopped working)
    But when I delete your mod scripts files (just scripts >no Baal's Delirium pak file) Game worked without error.
    now if i delete scripts file >Baal's Delirium Mod does work perfect???
    thank
    Don't worry about the language! English isn't my mother language either! Thanks for the support bro! You may be the only one playing it!! XD

If you erase the scripts it should work. However, with all the troubles with the patchs and the Ikko-Ikki disaster the mod should not be working... I'll have to update it now...

Also which build do you have? Since I'm 100% certain that the mod works for the 3444 build.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder-San♔ View Post
    any chance of getting monthly mod working for Ikko....?

IF I can make some body with the DLC to help me then certainly, expect this in my next update... The reason of this is that the original startpos.esf does not include the Ikko-Ikki as a playable faction...
    So the startpos.esf of somebody with the Ikko-Ikki will be necesary for this...
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Still making some significant adjustments! Now the encampment buildings will affect only the local garys units in more logical ways, like affecting only the yumi gary's accuracy, or yari gary's charge! The better line (the barracks and armory one) will be koku intensive and require both koku and food.

Most samurai will be available right from the start, they'll have no artificial cap, but instead will require a crazy high upkeep, now every maxed up province will be capable of sustain a few samurai units, and a load of gary's or a combination.

Also the samurai units have less units, and their stats have been revamped, I. e. now bow sammies have almost the same stats of katana ones, so they can put up a fight like they should. In fact almost all sammies have the same stats/unit sizes, the main differences between them will come from their weapon bonuses (if any) and the dojos on the province they where recruited!

That's all the important stuff I'm working on now, but both my job as bofh and my gf has been surprisingly demanding lately, so don't expect this anytime too soon. Also the next version will be Ikko-ikki compatible.

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0.2 it is!

Updated. I need a lot of feedback, since I feel it's not balanced at all...
    It should be Ikko-Ikki compatible.

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0.2 it is! Ikko-compatible.

The 10 views on the attached files means that teen people have downloaded my mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbaal19 View Post
    The 10 views on the attached files means that teen people have downloaded my mod?
    you mean only teenagers play your mod?

since i love the 12tpy concept (and i dislike vragos' vanilla-ish approach to gameplay) i'm very curious so i'll dl and test this when i'll have some free time in.. umm.. 2 weeks i guess
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Quote Originally Posted by raest View Post
    you mean only teenagers play your mod?

since i love the 12tpy concept (and i dislike vragos' vanilla-ish approach to gameplay) i'm very curious so i'll dl and test this when i'll have some free time in.. umm.. 2 weeks i guess

Feel free to post constructive criticism in my mod thread. I'd like to hear more about this vanilla-ish approach I have.

Vragos mod is actually a nice one. Every one have it's own stile. I'm sure that if you ask him to implement something on his mod or you advice him on something he will hear you, consider it and even implement it Raest. (I would do that too btw ).
    Last edited by Lord Baal; June 14, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

I'll soon be posting a updated version with EXTENDED DILEMMAS, EVENTS AND ALL THAT!! Also I'll be making the ronin dilemma more common. Stay tuned.

(There's a chance Vragos beating me on this one though!)

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0. it is! Ikko-compatible.

UPDATED! NOW WITH LONGER EVENTS, MISSIONS AND DILEMMAS!

Default Re: Baal's Delirium Mod! Beta 0. it is! Ikko-compatible.

Baal,

Greets,

Firstly i want to scream "Aye!" in agreement with your anti-mandatory-steam signature. I bought the limited edition hard copy and I am disgusted that it is married to steam. Steam is fail. Steam is an intrusive, time wasting, glorified, limited, glossy magazine and an abysmal IM (can't send files at all - FAIL). Patch 7 decided to completey delete and reinstall shogun 2 from scratch (thanks, steam and CA, truly). In other news, after a marathon weekend session i'm right now stuck on the 'preparing to launch Shogun 2' window. Shocking. Global boycott against Steam nou, plox. Seriously, it's a bona fide consumer affairs issue.

*spits*

Secondly, and to the point, this mod, or rather the idea behind this mod - is pure gold.

I've basically been doing the exact same thing though only sticking to what i'm actually able to make sense of.

Anyway, keep developing this mod, it's 100% in the right direction.

My own angle is to keep the samurai limits that many other mods have done but to make recruiting samurai a one turn thing where as ashigaru require more turns to reflect the fact that samurai we always training and ready for service where as ashigaru required conscription, training, etc etc. Thus the mark of a great Daimyo is not the number of samurai in his service but the number of ashigaru he can support in addition to his samurai warriors. The ashigaru become the crucial force multipliers. It's all about army composition, because samurai can be recruited from forts, yet have a limit, it means that samurai are prolific but samurai spam (at least of the same kind) is impossible (as it should be). Also, the balancing i've done in unit_stats_land is quite different to the other mods. Instead of massively buffing armor and defence values i've only modestly buffed them but i've massively nerfed the attack, charge and bonus vs cavalry values.

I've been playing around with reducing the campaign movement points in keeping with the 12 turns per year thing. A one third reduction (from 15 to 10 for infantry for example) is kinda. . . painful. But it's better than the vanilla 15 which basically means you can also pick and choose your fights, evade easily, etc. I'm going to try it on 12 which should add a bit more spice and drama to the campaign side of things and make the same old familiar territories much more interesting and important.

Oh, another thing - attrition. I noticed that in unit_stats_land almost all units (all samurai units anyway) have immune to attrition: true - make it false and make those winters hurt (and also make those reduce the rate of attrition traits/retainers meaningful).

The direction of your mod is really very cool so far, it holds alot of promise, keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast