Thread: Lotsa dead people

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Default Lotsa dead people

Playing as France can be a bloody business

quite large image

for those that want to see that image without it ruining their display
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...0101E80B473D0/

1 988 536 troops involved, 259 111 dead. The battle went on for 6 months IIRC. Playing vanilla HOI3.

I believe that that battle caused more deaths than my entire invasion of Russia as Germany during my first game.
    Patronized by Hader.

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Lotsa dead people

holy .

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Gazz's Avatar Miles

Omg. O_O

Hehe nice, but not as good a ratio as this one I got

(photobucket blurred it for some reason) - 9k losses, 102k enemy killed
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

but that was against Italians
    Patronized by Hader.

True
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Hey guess what Nyxos...I'm currently having a battle that started in 1940 and has raged on until now; it's 1943. German manpower has just touched 0 though, so hopefully the battle will actually come to an end soon and I can post a screenie

Losses are likely to be high on both sides, as I was defending a dutch province behind a river, but then they surrendered to the Germans meaning that I was defending a region controlled by the Germans, the result being my troops got a malus for being out of supply. I didn't leave the province though because of the crossing river bonus. I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say losses could total >1 million as there have been about 1k losses per side every day

Edit - It's up
    Last edited by a tw player; June 14, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
    My specs:

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

i had one battle that lasted for years.
    I was the russians, smashing the germans, seemed like most of the german army hold themselvees up in berlin because I was able to conquer the rest of germany and france and they were still fighting a many year battle in Berlin.
    Was crzy , huge casualties.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.