Thread: Are Ikko Ikki too strong

Default Are Ikko Ikki too strong

I like how they are very aggressive in the beginning of the game but they can recruit good units so early in the game? I am not sure about their complete history but i have read that they are a group of religious monks, farmers, peasants, and other disgruntled people so it could be reasonable for them to have these units but they seem to get them so early it makes them tough to fight. Playing the Oda, Hattori, and Tokugawa clans get difficult when the Ikko go nuts. What do you guys think? I personally wanna see a little but more ashigaru units out of them in the beginning phases of the game

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Are Ikko Ikki too strong

not the only one to mention this, but i have still yet to have a rampaging Ikko Ikki in my campaigns...luckily....

I am not sure about their complete history but i have read that they are a group of religious monks, farmers, peasants, and other disgruntled people
    perfectly good explanation for going on a nationwide tour of slaughter pillaging and religious conversion
    .... seems like we have the Japanese version of the Teutons.....
    Hattori
    The easy strategy here is frustrate the Ikko with your ninja while aligning with the purple dudes(heehee) and Ashikaga,
    hopefully you can persudae the Tsuitsui too but if not just club em out early.
    Now you have a buffer and sometimees the ikko will stray to near Kyoto and the shogunate will deal with it for you.

Oda
    Slightly trickier as you got to balance ashi spam with devlopment, but a good few trade negotiations early on and a quick stomping on toku and imi, like in the first 3-5 turns while keeping Mino(forgot the clan...) on good terms by ending any rivalry....

Toku
    These vermin normally end up as my slaves or hunting practice.... so no advice here sorry

Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; May 21, 2011 at 05:25 AM.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

They've never become very powerful in any of my campaigns. The worst I got as Uesugi was a full stack invading Jinbo, my vassal. Then the damn Hattori moved in and destroyed them in short order.

-Fenrir-'s Avatar Libertus

In most of my campaigns they tend to keep their territories until turn 9-18 then someone defeats them. But sometimes they play offensive and expands very quickly.