Thread: Castles

Default Castles

I know this is mostly just about CAI and AI improvement with other mods to have nicer units,but is it possible to change or create different or unique castles and fortresses?

Default Re: Castles

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    I know this is mostly just about CAI and AI improvement with other mods to have nicer units,but is it possible to change or create different or unique castles and fortresses?
    I would second the Idea, I am so tired of the same old same old, I don't mind having the basis the same..but variate the building setting, the entrance etc.....a bit...even the maps for castles get very quickly boring

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by RazAlgul View Post
    I would second the Idea, I am so tired of the same old same old, I don't mind having the basis the same..but variate the building setting, the entrance etc.....a bit...even the maps for castles get very quickly boring
    I third the idea! I get so bored with sieging the same castle over and over again
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

I would like a bouncy castle and jump around with my merry friends of platypuses, while drinking a mix catnip, old chocolate milk and horse urin.

Sadly, my request is probably more likely to happen.

i don't think you can mod castles in the Shogun 2 engine, i could be mistaken though.

Well i was hoping to get a experienced modders opinion here to see if it is possible.Guess they are not interested.It just seems like an endless repeat of every siege battle.I see the Third Age modders changing castles and fortresses and it really changes the mood of the game.I really hope it is possible for Shogun 2 also
    Last edited by OSDEA7; May 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Showgun
    Why would you word play with such serious title? It's Shogun. And no I don't want to shot you my gun...
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

I see the Third Age modders changing castles and fortresses and it really changes the mood of the game.I really hope it is possible for Showgun 2 also
    that's the thing i really don't think it's possible, shogun 2 and medieval 2 engines are different and shogun 2's is far less modable.

It's unfortunate, but there is simply no way to mod this.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.