Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Hey Germanicu5,
    I've tested your mod using TA 3.2 and a few questions still remain; would kindly ask for help
    1. Does the mod support custom battles, too? A year ago, I tested BattleAI a first time with a previous version, just with custom battles, and thought it might not work there - just in campaign battles.
    2. Till now I've not yet installed settlement tweaks. Does this one require campaign restart or is it savegame compatible?

Apart from that I can just say: great work, man. I haven't had really big battles in my new started Gondor campaign yet, just little skirmishes against some thousand orks or so, but I realized some improvements: AI won't rush you as hell when they're being attacked, playing more defensive now. Further, my cav-charge into AI's flanks was altered by spearmen recharging (but this doesn't happen all time). Really good points so far, I'm really curious how this continues...

EDIT: tried out some custom battles. AI will hold it's position when defending - but skirmishing, outflanking of cav.units and cav avoiding spears where not really detectable. Seemed like in vanilla to me. In fact the enemy's riders marched at the flanks of their army (given an "AI attacking" battle), but they did not really try to get around my flanks. Instead, they marched towards my spearmen, which I placed at the flanks of my main battle line. It was quite easy to fix the cav attacking them with my spearmen when they were close enough. They did not try to avoid the charging spears...
    Archers fire (when AI is attacking) from the background, but at the same time the melee units will charge, so the archers mostly fire into their back. Anyway they are inefficient, as AI should rather keep melee units out of office as long as archers fire up aganist me.
    Last edited by Fridericus Secundus; November 23, 2012 at 09:08 AM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    - new, fully scripted, all-manual Rivendell AI behaviour (TATW 3.x)

What means that?

What exactly can be mad ein editing such stuff?

Hello, i have question for fellow forumers.

Does mod include campaign AI tweaking as well ?

how to download this?

It's included in TA 3.2

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by asanovic7 View Post
    how to download this?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3350

Hello,

I've been unable to install ReallyBadAi 5.7 with Total War Kingdoms. I've perused the thread but I've been unable to find a solution to my problem.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. M2TW is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total war. The game is patched up to 1.5.

I installed ReallybadAI into C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total war\Mods. When I click on g5_setup.exe, there's a list showing americas, british_isles, crusades, etc. When I select any of the ReallyBadAi options, the program crashes. The message reads "g5 Sub Manager has stopped working".

I'm running everything as Administrator. I understand the UAC thing and I have full control.

If anyone can help that would be awesome. Thank you.

Iv installed this mod/ well im assuming I have because iv ticked this mod in the SS setup menu/ but so far iv not really been very impressed with the results the maker said you can change things to get better results out of the mod but how do you do that?.

IM not really having spectacular results im using this with the SS mod/ iv activated this in the SS_setup but the AI really not being any more intelligent then Vinilla I think some things gone bung and really iv not idea what else I can do can some one get back to me.

I just installed this mod along SS, everything installed correctly and SS works. However, I cannot access SS set up anymore to actually enable the reallybadAI within in. I click to access it and nothing happens, and this only occurred after I installed the reallybadAI mod. I have tried running it in admin mode to no avail. Any ideas?

Hey there!
    I've just installed TATW + MOS 1.6. When starting the game, G5BAIswitcher gives the error shown below. TATW keeps running just fine, but AI seems the same as always. Could anyone please help me fix this?
    Cheers!

Is it compatible with TATW 3.2 + MOS 1.6 ?

Does this AI mod work with vanilla Grand Campaign?And if yes than how do i install it?

You'll have to unpack the Vanilla files.

Yes, this AI should be compatible with MOS. You can also ask the MOS guys, since Germanicu5 doesn't come by here often.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

A link to the bigger version of Settlement Tweaks ?

This RBAI mod is great!

the introduction states that there is optional Battle AI and Content Switcher currently for SS and TATW.
    here is another mod called "Bellum Crucis 6.3" which is also as good as SS and TATW.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-NEXT-VERSION!!!

is it possible to make optional Battle AI and Content Switcher for Bellum Crucis too?
    it will be perfect if RBAI also covers Bellum Crucis

thanks!

You could do a manual integration.

HI I was wondering if this is compatible with DLV + BB / Not that the ai is bad in that. Just looking for changes sometimes.

Icon1 Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Hey there!
    I've just installed TATW + MOS 1.6. When starting the game, G5BAIswitcher gives the error shown below. TATW keeps running just fine, but AI seems the same as always. Could anyone please help me fix this?

I had the same problem for De Bello Mundi. Do you have any idea? I click on "switcher.vbs" accidentally! But AI seems work...
    Last edited by rafmc1989; March 20, 2014 at 06:22 AM.

L&O_92's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    I had the same problem for De Bello Mundi. Do you have any idea? I click on "switcher.vbs" accidentally! But AI seems work...
    Yes, I have the same problem!