Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.1.2 Released!

hi there was thinking on trying this mod out for COW 1.4.4 english version i beleive i installed but when i tick the version for COW 1.4.4 i get weird eroor message somehting to do with elephants and squigs in the battle_config file is this a problem with my install of COW or i forgotten something when installing note i have installed this really bad idea in the parent folder not COW when i lunch this the option for COW 1.4.4 is ticked. It may have worked any sure way to tell if this is installed?

sorry ingnore this post theres a medievil 2 guy top left when i start battle and it seems to have improved ai does this increase ais stats when it fights you or it just manouvre beter?
    only thing is it crashed after custum battle is this normal?
    Last edited by goblinking; August 08, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    hi there was thinking on trying this mod out for COW 1.4.4 english version i beleive i installed but when i tick the version for COW 1.4.4 i get weird eroor message somehting to do with elephants and squigs in the battle_config file
    Hi, I have the same problem.

I have tried to install Your AI mod but I found following problems. The steps I took:

1. Ticked Really Bad A.I v 5.1 and Custom folder fix

2. I instaled it to my MTWII/mods folder

3. It was instaled without problem and I had the message about sucessull instalation

4. The G5 stepu runed and I choosed my current verion of COW

I choosed COW 1.4.4. and Hardcore Addon to check if the AI Mod will work (30 sec without control under units)

but there some errors occured during instalation

and few more so I could only click ok and go further. There was no information about sucessful instalation or something like that and I wasn't sure if instalation is completed and works fine so I tried if the hardcore addon works. It works so I gueass that Your Mod is installed properly. Only this errors worry me a bit.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; August 12, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@goblinking

Remember to run setup and the game as admin, also remember to turn UAC off or just don't install MTW in Program Files - this should fix any CTDs after battle.

One additional thing - if you don't start a new campaign after installing AI, scripts meant for custom battle may remain active during campaign, which may also cause a ctd.

AI generally performs better, in custom battles (only) it gets some morale bonus on hard and very hard to stop it from fleeing for no reason.

@krystoforos

Apparently I forgot to update one file after tweaking CoW files for the latest release, I'll upload new version in a few minutes, thanks for detailed report.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.1.3 Released!

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

I open the ReallyBadAI setup via the shortcut on my Desktop, select SS and check the box
    Then I click OK and the window with checkboxes goes away... then I'm back to the Main Setup screen...

There was no "thinking time" or any indication that checking the little box and clicking OK actually changed anything. I realize that we're actually only changing a bit of code so it's probably REALLY REALLY fast, but I'm confused as to whether it's "on"

Anyway, my next step is to close the main screen and go play SS6.4

Where apparently the dessert archers love to stare at the horizon as if pondering greek philosophy while my jinettes stab them all to death... Again, not sure if this is working right. While it's pretty obvious that the archers have no chance, I figured they'd at least do something, like run away or poke me with bows??

thank you for your help and your probably amazing mod

Application of AI looks correct.

As for archers doing nothing - do you mean the don't fire or skirmish at all or do nothing after they run out of arrows?
    The latter is more likely to happen due to some tradeoffs that need to be made - either they move far from main army / try to flank stupidly or don't do that but may stay passive when attacked from a farther range.

You can experiment on your own, just open config_ai_battle.xml with notepad and change 12 to 30 for instance (for me 20 is the maximal acceptable value when it comes to finding some balance).

<missile>
    <max-engage-dist>
    <easy>12</easy>
    <medium>12</medium>
    <hard>12</hard>
    <very_hard>12</very_hard>
    </max-engage-dist>

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; August 26, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

hmmm... good point, they may have run out of arrows.

I think archers all have at least 1 attack value, and a much larger missile attack value. To me that says if they are attacked melee style, they might pull out a knife or poke with their bows.

Hello.Look.AI is very stuped
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@OPASEH

Yea, it can't be made more intelligent in this case as there are no settings available that let us change the way AI assaults walls or gate or what and how it chooses units for these tasks.
    All I can do is damage control (as I did with general not charging instantly, correct assault when elephants are on board, settings that make missile units rather stay out etc.).

Regards

could be my impression but i think that ai work better before the gates are broken and if they take the gates, stronger gates and a cai that build more siege equipment would solve this ...and the hot oil reload to fast ,takes a good time heat that amout of oil with wood or coal fire
    Last edited by betto; September 03, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    could be my impression but i think that ai work better before the gates are broken and if they take the gates, stronger gates and a cai that build more siege equipment would solve this ...and the hot oil reload to fast ,takes a good time heat that amout of oil with wood or coal fire
    +1.How make that AI is build more ladders and tower(% for army).And how make gate is more stronger+Oil is very cheat.Half of enemy army is dead about oil.Sorry for my bad English.

@betto and OPASEH

I'm yet to research which exact parameters cause AI to build more siege equipment (certainly having anything like a catapult inside a city makes AI turn towards better range of such engines).

Stronger gates don't help - AI is just virtually incapable of sending more units up the walls if gates are being rammed.

I agree that oil is too strong.

Regards

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to report errors, fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Hi

Always wanted to ask if my CTD-problem if I attack, better shoot at AI reinforcements while they are entering the map is related to Your BAI or a vanilla problem. Is it a problem of anyone else at all? Could it be solved? I mean itīs easy to avoid and i havenīt got any problems besides that - but would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance and for Your BAI of course.

Ohoh - wrong thread - wanted the "released" one.
    Last edited by Fred Putz; September 06, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!

this mod v 5.13 desn't seem to work on retrofit. coultd u please tell me how to manualy integrate it because i don't know anything about scripting.

1) i've installed the reallybad ai with the custom folders ticked.
    2) i've installed it for tutonic americas british and crusades campaigns, works fine (both campaign and custom battle)
    3) i started the setup ticked retrofit and gave me an error saying that battle_config doesn't have <unit_task> line, i've checked and it does have it.
    4) i've reinstaled retrofit and guam v6 and manualy integrated the mod (just copy all files from the manualy integrate folder, and copy your script at the bottom of my campaign_script) and it worked, i mean the custom battle and campaign ran but i don't know if the changes themselves worked.
    5) i've changed the EDU with my own moded EDU and the campiagn just CDT.

6) is it compulsory to add the extreme_range thing? in the edu because it's awkward that neither the EDU that i overwrite nor the other EDU from the other campaigns had this line. I dunno what's the problem, everithing seems done exactly as in the other campaigns that work perfectly. why does changing my EDU caused the campaign TO CTD? (elephant_crew had horde, no class skirmishing just missiles ).

BTW, why do the missiles while defending from ladder coming enemys and siege towers don't switch to melee. they just stand there and only switch to melee after about half of the unit is dead. can this be dealt with? please tell me how

i've also figured out how to set reallybadai for retrofit so no help needed on that one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    True that it takes time to heat oil. Nonetheless, gates go down in something like a minute after a ram starts hitting them and I expect that is also unrealistic. I have discovered recently an eyewitness account of a siege of Constantinople in 1422. The Turks had brought a huge amount of siege engines including turtles, siege towers, stone throwers, rams and "drills" and also a cannon that could shoot stone balls. All these were being used against the walls and towers. The only mention of gates was that the Turks were trying to set the gates on fire. No siege rams ramming the gates are mentioned. It appears to be a layman's account but he was apparently participating in the fighting himself and describes the fighting in some detail.

Hi Master G5. I've been away for about a month sooo looking to put your mod back on my SS 6.4. However will I need to download your mod again as I'm unsure of any updates you may have done to this. Also as asked before (sorry) how are you doing with the campaign map Ai update.respect.

Germanicu5 help me, if you know, can you prompt how to make AI run from battlefield (without battle), if it is weaker than player (3 to 1)?

I really want to give this mod a shot but am having trouble with the installer. I follow the installation instructions carefully, but when I attempt to install the mod (I'm using the generic campaigns for testing; teutonic, crusades et al) I get an error; File does not exist crusades/Third Age.bat and then the installer crashes.

I have the Steam version. I fear this might be the problem?

Krazy Kook's Avatar Civis

Hey Germanicus, quick question.

A while ago I was having trouble with a battle involving reinforcements, and you in turn used the bug reports and such to create the Emergency CTD Fix (which worked perfectly I might add, and thanks again). Now, if I understand correctly, the fix has been incorporated into the newer versions of ReallyBadAI and is available to use when you install the package.

There's another guy, robinzx I believe, in the SS forums who's also having problems with reinforcement battles. Just wondering though, what is the best way of applying ONLY the CTD Fix? I was going to install the ReallyBadAI and test this, but both he and I are in campaigns and I don't want to potentially complicate things or create other CTD's by installing an AI mod mid-campaign. I'm just not sure if that's okay or not really

Thanks again for all your work sir, and I hope this question makes sense! Just looking for that Emergency CTD fix once again
    --Fight, and you may die. Run and you'll live....at least a while.
    And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing,
    to trade ALL the days from this day to that, for ONE chance, JUST ONE CHANCE!
    to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives...
    ...but they'll never take OUR FREEDOM!!!

Alba gu brath!