Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.04 Released!

Hi guys. I have a problem trying to install the regular (not Hardcore) version for CoW. After starting the installation process the following message appeared:

"...battle _config.xml does not contain <unit-tasks> Operation aborted"

How can this issue be fixed? I'm using XP and don't have issues when installing mods due to my Op system, anti-virus, etc.

PS I saw a reply to this in this mod's forum. Hopefully it will work.
    Last edited by Teutonic; July 04, 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

I tried the solution suggested by Germanicu5 here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456520

Unfortunately exchanging the battle_configs didn't work. Does this mean that v5.04 doesn't work for CoW?

hello Germanicus, have you found something to make the phalanx formation more "smart"?
    I means if the pikemen undergo arrows or projectiles, they broke the formation simply.
    Possible or not?

cheers

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ne4ypara View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    May I set silly questions more?
    Here one of them. Often AI on a strategic map attacks with insignificant forces, besieging a city with a full stack, not trying to collect more troops or to create the overweight necessary for successful attack. If it is not difficult, prompt, what parametres are responsible for overweight creation?
    It's a bit complicated and if it was easy to mod, CAI creators would've done it long time ago I think.
    Parameters that will influence how AI attacks settlements are:
    - in descr_campaign_ai_db.xml - invade_buildup (can be used instead of invade_immediate, the whole programming is a bit complicated though as you'll see)
    -descr_campaign_db.xml -
    <att_str_modifier float="0.8"/>
    <siege_att_str_modifier float="0.30"/> (values are exemplary)
    Still there's a problem, because AI will launch invasion before merging armies anyway, but you can experiment with it, particularly siege_att_str_modifier influences what armies roam strategy map.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    Hi guys. I have a problem trying to install the regular (not Hardcore) version for CoW. After starting the installation process the following message appeared:

"...battle _config.xml does not contain <unit-tasks> Operation aborted"

How can this issue be fixed? I'm using XP and don't have issues when installing mods due to my Op system, anti-virus, etc.

PS I saw a reply to this in this mod's forum. Hopefully it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    I tried the solution suggested by Germanicu5 here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456520

Unfortunately exchanging the battle_configs didn't work. Does this mean that v5.04 doesn't work for CoW?
    You're supposed to copy that battle_config to CoW directory and just ingore previous error message - if AI is "ticked" in setup, then everything should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    hello Germanicus, have you found something to make the phalanx formation more "smart"?
    I means if the pikemen undergo arrows or projectiles, they broke the formation simply.
    Possible or not?

cheers
    Not possible atm, it's hardcoded - that's just the way CA programmed it in case of man loss.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 07, 2011 at 03:55 AM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Sounds cool, will try soon.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.0 Released!

hi Germanicu5? thank's for mod.
    I have 2 question to you:
    1. Battle AI and Content Switcher works with SS6.4? Because I receive the message at installation: File does not exist:SS6.3/Third age.but
    in a folder there is only such file: BattleAISwitcher_TATW,
    what about Battle AI and Content Switcher for SS? If installation is possible, as it to carry out for SS?
    2. this mod works with с submod TATW- FROM? Because at installation on this of fashions I receive an error: In drawing
    What should I do??

I all the same have not understood for what this point (when it can be included):
    ReallyBadAI for misc.mods??

thanks

It can be necessary to correct something here? You helped with other posts MoS campaign with this file..

Interesting mod. Does this work with DLV 6.2 and battlefield balance??

@sergi

Switcher is implemented in vanilla SS6.4, so whenever you apply SS AI, you update different AI sets as well.

ReallyBadAI for misc. mods is intended for mods that aren't officially supported.

I posted updated RBAI config file for MOS in TATW thread afaik, please use it. New MOS will include latest AI.

@SirWarts

Not officially, BB and DLV use some battle scripting (DLV uses my old stakes script if I'm ot mistaken, BB uses some derivative stakes scripting and other done by Taiji).
    If you'd really want to apply RBAI to DLV, you'd need to remove already existing battle scripts form campaign_script.txt and then try to apply ReallyBadAI for misc mods via setup file.

Regards

Hi G5,

actually I wanted to post something an eternity ago, but finally I thought to drop by just to say a big big to you for all the work you're doing.
    I even found some time to actually play and watch some battles by a friend and I must say that I was shocked to see that the AI did almost always behave like I would expect it it from an intelligent enemy.
    It has been a long time that I played some real battles (which already had a new AI) but the difference is really outstanding!!

Thanks again so much, I know roughly how hard the work on something like that is, but you have really given M2 a lot more heart with your mod!

Regards

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Germanicu5

Thanks, but excuse me, what about Forgotten Realms Of Middle-Earth(FRoME)? It after all not MOS as Forgotten Realms Of Middle-Earth(FRoME). Other MoD? isn't it?
    I not about MOS ask you and about Forgotten Realms Of Middle-Earth(FRoME).
    your mod works with с submod TATW- FRoMe? Because at installation on this of fashions I receive an error: In drawing
    What should I do?? Sorry,Excuse, the solution in that can that FROME already includes RBAI 4.7? Also it is not necessary to do updating to 5.0?

And what about landstoconquer (mod for M2)-
    It is put in not a folder Medieval II Total War, and the basic and consequently in menu ReallyBadAI does not join. If it to put as well as other mods in a folder more low Medieval II Total War/mods (where ReallyBadAI works, it simply is not started).What to do?
    Last edited by sergi; July 17, 2011 at 04:12 AM.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

hi there,
    i was playing ss 6.4 and today i downloaded a new mod,just released,it is the last kingdoms.it doesnt seem to have any special things to do ai more chalenging so i decided to play it along with this one.
    so i have some questions:
    1)if i install this,will it effect my multiplayer online vanilla game?will i be able to play online with this mod installed?
    2)can i have enabled only for one of my mods?if not i have already started a ss campaign and i have played many turns and i want to finish it,so will it have any negative effect on my already started campaign(crashes,ctd's etc)

congratulations for ur work!

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.1 Released!

ReallyBadAI v5.1 is up, the changes are:

- scripting works for multiple custom battles now (up to 20 during a single session)
    - AI less prone to being exploited while defending in field battles
    - new innovative attacking formation (strong flanks)
    - wall movement changes (increased throughput of passages)
    - configurable installer (Custom Folder Fix lets user see all available AI releases for every single mod folder - this excludes necessity to modify files manually if someone uses non-standard mod folder name)

@KK

Thanks, I particularly like when AI assaults plaza from 3 directions (apart from scripted stuff ofc).
    A few days ago I was showing some of TATW models to a friend and while I was playing around with Sauron my army got decimated by weaker Harad...

@sergi

When installing RBAI tick "Custom Folders Fix", then you'll see all available files. For TATW use the "TATW 2.1 - ReallyBadAI v5.1" file, it should work.

@diez

1) RBAI doesn't overwrite any vanilla files, so you should be able to continue multiplayer game.

2) Yes, you can enable it for only one mod, it won't break your current game if installed.

Regards

when updating from 5.0 to 5.1 do I need to uninstall 5.0 first or just run the 5.1 install?

You need to "untick" the RBAI box in RBAI setup, then you can overwrite older files, no need to make full uninstallation.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.1.1 Released!

Added beta support for Call of Warhammer, works with 1.4.4, might work with 1.4+, but no guarantee, tested with English version.

Should be compatible with most sub-mods, provided that it's applied after installing them. Setup looks for EDU entries that are related to units based on elephant mount type and changes them slightly - if they got modified compared to 1.4.4, an error may pop up.

CoW fans - please post whether RBAI worked for you.
    If you don't see dedicated CoW version on setup file list, please use "Custom folders fix" when installing.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 24, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Germanicu5, such marks like ! are found in lines of your AI. Can you tell, what they mean?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Added beta support for Call of Warhammer, works with 1.4.4, might work with 1.4+, but no guarantee, tested with English version.
    Thank you for this Germanicus Going to test it out.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.1.2 Released!

@Ne4ypara

"!" is an alternative to "not".

@Kahvipannu

I take lack of "it doesn't work" report as a good omen.

Regards