Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.04 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by good4eL View Post
    Looking great!

But for beginning I decided to unpack/install this prog to "temp" directory to see what is in it.
    It made a folder "mods" with one folder "g5", g5_setup file, pdf and unnistal in it. When I clicked on setup g5_setup file a message error appeared "Not enough campaigns or core file missing!". So I don't understand what it changes or adds to the mods directories yet and afraid of do something wrong to my mods or to original files in mods directories.

Now I have 4 original mods and one where I installed "Holy land" mod. I would like to try your mod in "Holy land" mod at first without changing or adding some new files to other mods. What steps should I do?

If I decide to uninstall the mod will it unistall all files what your mod added or it will delete some files of mod too?

Hope you could understand what I mean.
    Setup program reads directories present in its installation folder and treats them as if they were mods, no additional directories present = error.

Also it makes backup of all data it overwrites and automatically restores it if you untick checkbox next to installed files (you might need to manually delete advice-related files if your mod doesn't use them) - evan if en error pops up backup function will work.

If you uninstall this mod it'll delete all of its own files (3 files in main directory plus g5 folder), if you want to uninstall previously applied AI, you need to untick relevant box and then uninstall.

More info here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456027 and in relevant section of readme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    LOL! i was going to ask whether it works with TATW (medi2 kingdoms) .. but considering the probs people are having, i might just say "wooHoo! great well done!"

Seriously, has it been tested with TATW 2.1?

R
    There are no issues with TATW 2.1 or submods, initially there was one connected to setup file, but it was corrected a few days after release.

The only current problem is MOS using different versions of my scripts and thus requiring altered setup files (I posted an update for 5.2).

Also if you install a mod in a custom folder changing one entry in one text file will be required - assuming that someone posessed the ability to install in non-standard folder it shouldn't be problematic.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; June 08, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
    I have no memory of this place.

good4eL's Avatar Civis

2b.If you installed a mod as standalone in custom folder (e.g. E:\MyCoolMod), then you need to put ReallyBadAI in its parent directory (so one level up), as seen below:
    Why it so need to put there?

Does the infantry tactics include the Epaminondas Oblique flank attack? we're all familar with cavalry flanking moves and attacks, just wondering if some special infantry tactics might be included? Oblique flank attack, wedge, etc

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Setup looks for mods in default installation directories, if you use custom folders make sure you change
    “[works for]” section in relevant text files found in “mods\g5\files\” folder.
    Germanicu5, so if I want to activate ReallyBadAI for "Holy land" mod which installed in renamed copy of "crusade" folder into the "Holy_land", I just need to in "mods/g5/files" directory copy a folder "ReallyBadAI_Crusades"(As I noticed size of all folders is equal) and rename it to "ReallyBadAI_Holy_land". Then make a copy of "ReallyBadAI_Crusades" file and rename it to "ReallyBadAI_Holy_land".

In the just created "ReallyBadAI_Holy_land" file rename "[name]Crusades" to "[name]Holy_land" for beauty, rename "[works for] crusades" to "[works for] Holy_land".

After all operations should launch a g5_setup and ticked options in "Holy_land" folder.

Is it correct?
    Last edited by good4eL; June 11, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Looks correct by all means, you can also skip making copies of these folders and just change [works for] section in ReallyBadAI_Crusades.txt file if you don't plan on installing RBAI for original crusades mod.

Regards

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much Germanicu5

Germanicu5, Greetings, can you answer a question about AI?
    Can we force computer to attack the besieged when he tries to raise a siege, i.e. if the human player tries to raise a siege from computer?
    A limiting factor of advantage (4 to 1) which necessary for the computer to start attack works in this case. Can we reduce this threshold? If yes, where I can find this parameter?

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

Downloading this now looks very promising, thank you! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ne4ypara View Post
    Germanicu5, Greetings, can you answer a question about AI?
    Can we force computer to attack the besieged when he tries to raise a siege, i.e. if the human player tries to raise a siege from computer?
    A limiting factor of advantage (4 to 1) which necessary for the computer to start attack works in this case. Can we reduce this threshold? If yes, where I can find this parameter?
    Welcome to the forums.

Yes, there's such scripted functionality in ReallyBadAI, the requirements are betwee 2x and 3x player's strength, but it also depends on number of siege equipment AI has - for small settlements 3 items are required, for bigger 4, I think these settings are pretty balanced.

It works this way: player sallies out (attacks besieging AI), some calculations are done, AI attacks settlement or withdraws to defend against player.

@Lord Derfel

Thanks.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Yes, there's such scripted functionality in ReallyBadAI, the requirements are betwee 2x and 3x player's strength, but it also depends on number of siege equipment AI has - for small settlements 3 items are required, for bigger 4, I think these settings are pretty balanced.

It works this way: player sallies out (attacks besieging AI), some calculations are done, AI attacks settlement or withdraws to defend against player.
    Regards
    I`ve got it long ago, thanks for acknowledgement of my conclusions. Just little request. Can you give an example of command answering for this action?
    I had to test many things by trial and error, it occupies considerable time.
    Thanks for your answer.

The direct command is:
    ai_gta_plan_set 1 ATTACK_SETTLEMENT , conditions are specified above it ( most notably odds and number of engines).

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 01, 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Is there any ways to confirm if the mod is installed correctly? I am using SS with RR/RC and installed this to c:\program files (x86)\my mod\medieval total war\mods once the installer ran I copied the data folder in the g5 ss folder to my stainless steel folder and used the really bad ai icon on my desktop to enable for SS. Is this correct or did I miss anything?

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derfel View Post
    Is there any ways to confirm if the mod is installed correctly? I am using SS with RR/RC and installed this to c:\program files (x86)\my mod\medieval total war\mods once the installer ran I copied the data folder in the g5 ss folder to my stainless steel folder and used the really bad ai icon on my desktop to enable for SS. Is this correct or did I miss anything?

I have the same exact question. I am currently Playing Thera and i just want to know how do i know the mod is working properly?

Also i know at the setup screen we get to choose from the Misc version and the hardcore version you only choose one am i correct or can i use both?

Is there anything else i need to do so i can enjoy every feature this mod has to offer?

I also read in your Op that there is a Battle Ai and content switcher.How do i get it to work with Thera?

My last question has to do with the Hardcore file itself at the setup screen i select the Hardcore files by itself and press ok i get this message

Error while processing ReallyBadAi_Hardcore.txt

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign_script.txt does not contain additional scripts.

But when i activate on both Misc and Hardcore versions at the same time i don't get that msg above.And my game starts just fine.Did i miss something?

My Apologies for the million questions just want to make sure i did everything correctly.

And thank you for this wonderful mod.Rep+
    Last edited by Logik; July 02, 2011 at 04:14 AM.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

@Lord Derfel

Look for "G5 BAI STUFF" section in campaign_script.txt and check if it reads v5.0 in description below it. If it's there. there's a good chance all other files are in place.

@Logik

1. see above.
    2. Nope, Hardcore is an addon for "normal" RBAI, so to use it you need to tick both.
    3. Apart from proper installation - not much. You can adjust formation (tighten it by ~30%) of any elephant-based units in EDU, as RBAI automatically changes their formation to horde, which is more loose than square (not obligatory).

4. Implementing BAI and Content Switcher is a bit complicated matter, I'll work on instructions when I have some more time.

5. As mentioned before - Hardcore isn't standalone, so you were right to install it along basic RBAI.

Regards

@Lord Derfel

Look for "G5 BAI STUFF" section in campaign_script.txt and check if it reads v5.0 in description below it. If it's there. there's a good chance all other files are in place.

@Logik

1. see above.
    2. Nope, Hardcore is an addon for "normal" RBAI, so to use it you need to tick both.
    3. Apart from proper installation - not much. You can adjust formation (tighten it by ~30%) of any elephant-based units in EDU, as RBAI automatically changes their formation to horde, which is more loose than square (not obligatory).

4. Implementing BAI and Content Switcher is a bit complicated matter, I'll work on instructions when I have some more time.

5. As mentioned before - Hardcore isn't standalone, so you were right to install it along basic RBAI.

Regards
    Thanks for the quick response and for your patience.I'll do what you suggested.Thank you.

Regards.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

I see that we are to install this mod in the /Mods folder.
    Does it mean it will affect all the mods in it? I'm asking because I'm happy with TATW as it is (+ using MOS mod) but I'm willing to try anything to improve CoW BAI- as long as it doesn't screw up the other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    I see that we are to install this mod in the /Mods folder.
    Does it mean it will affect all the mods in it? I'm asking because I'm happy with TATW as it is (+ using MOS mod) but I'm willing to try anything to improve CoW BAI- as long as it doesn't screw up the other mods.

No once you extract this mod to your MTW2 mod folders as you said all you have to do is run the setup and once you get to the setup menu whatever mods you happen to have in your mods folder is what will show up in the setup menu screen.

At that point just select what mod you want to play and activate the appropriate files and take any other steps as said in the Install instructions if your mod requires it and just play.

You activate the AI files yourself manually for the mod you intend to play they don't activate themselves.Hope that i answered your question.

Regards.....

@Lord Derfel

Regards
    Thanks Germanicu5 the "G5 BAI STUFF" is in the campaign script and I will finally have some time this weekend to do some good old fashion gaming

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    No once you extract this mod to your MTW2 mod folders as you said all you have to do is run the setup and once you get to the setup menu whatever mods you happen to have in your mods folder is what will show up in the setup menu screen.

At that point just select what mod you want to play and activate the appropriate files and take any other steps as said in the Install instructions if your mod requires it and just play.

You activate the AI files yourself manually for the mod you intend to play they don't activate themselves.Hope that i answered your question.

Regards.....
    It helps, thanks a lot.

The direct command is:
    ai_gta_plan_set 1 ATTACK_SETTLEMENT , conditions are specified above it ( most notably odds and number of engines).
    Thanks a lot!
    May I set silly questions more?
    Here one of them. Often AI on a strategic map attacks with insignificant forces, besieging a city with a full stack, not trying to collect more troops or to create the overweight necessary for successful attack. If it is not difficult, prompt, what parametres are responsible for overweight creation?