Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.0 Released!

You need to copy contents of ReallyBadAI_Scripts_v5.txt to campaign_script.txt found in british_isles\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\. Unless they are already there (they should be at the bottom, look for "Germanicu5" string - if it's found, you don't need to paste anything.).

The setup file may crash, but only if apply\disable operations are performed repeatedly (3 times are usually enough).

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.01 Released!

The string was already there... So I guess the setup file crashed after extracting all the files to their place.wierd. And no, I didn't repeatedly apply action, it did it twice, restarted PC and tried again. I hope the problem is my crappy antivirus since all sorts of lag/hang/speed issues started since I installed it.

Anyway, thanx man, nice work this is...

Foederatus

Hi! Got a problem i am unbable to solve by my self(big noob on this stuf yes..) as i try to change the ss setings the reallbybadai mod wont work. It says "Error while trying to create a temporary file. Operation aborted". Any help on this should be appreciated^^

@tommpa

I can nearly bet it's connected to antivirus software or UAC, it's just bound to happen if a security program restricts setup's rights to write on the disk.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.02 Released!

A new version of AI has been uploaded, it corrects a typing error found in ReallyBadAI Hardcore files.

I'll add detailed installation instructions with images as soon as I have some free time.

Regards

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.03 Released!

very nice!
    congrats to your own forum.

It reads that AI behavior scenario changes via advisor script. But what if I set my battle advisor option to "no advice"?

another masterpiece from you! , and my congrats for being finaly hosted you fully deserves it

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

hy germanicu5
    i really look forward to test the mod,but i get an erroe saying "not enought campaigns and core files missing"

i was like what the deuce?

@_Tartaros_

Thanks, the AI grew too big for a plain thread.

@Lindwurm

Advisor only applies to custom battles (it can run only once per session due to compatibility issues), normally scripts run via cs. If you disable advisor AI will launch anyway, so don't worry.

@IVlarkI2I

Ty, I was a bit afraid to ask for hosted forum due to required admin work, but it looks OK for now.

@Daco-Roman

Please read p.4 in this thread.

Regards

is this for all total wars. or just medieval

Ashton's Avatar Semisalis

medieval

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gas463 View Post
    is this for all total wars. or just medieval
    How could this be for all TW games ? More than 10 years of development and changes in between the 1st and the latest TW game.....

"...Setup file includes possibility to install AI for mods that aren’t officially supported.
    AI is compatible with all submods, as it just appends commonly modified files without overwriting them.
    MTW 2:Kingdoms patched to 1.05 recommended..."

Anyhow the question is already answered.
    Last edited by Protector; June 03, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Nevermind that.
    Last edited by The Juggernaut; June 03, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

well.. i install it in the mods folder and run the RBAI setup, choose teutonic(the mod I'm currently playing) and check "Teutonic-RBAI v5.0" press ok and this appears : G5 sub-manager has encountered a problem and needs to close." what has happened??

I just installed the mod via all the instructions, the only problem I have is when I tick both ReallyBadAI for misc. mods and ReallyBadAI hardcore addon then start a custom battle, right when I click to enter deployment I get a CTD. It says that Medieval II total war encountered an unspecified error and closed. Any suggesstions on where I could have gone wrong?

Edit: Sorry forgot to tell for which mod! I am currently trying to get it to work for Broken Crescent 2.3 and I also have crusaders mod for kingdoms and SS6.4 with MSC 6.0.
    Last edited by VikeKing; June 05, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

i dont see diffretns is this alos for grand campain in medieval 2?

@majinleoking

I'd say some antivirus or UAC blocks setup's functionality, but it could be related to the fact that setup tends to CTD if you check\uncheck boxes a few times.

@VikeKing

Thanks for reporting it, there were 2 files missing, I'm reuploading AI atm.

@gas463

This AI works for Kingdoms campaigns and Kingdoms-based mods, it doesn't work for regular MTW 2.

Regards

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.04 Released!

Looking great!

But for beginning I decided to unpack/install this prog to "temp" directory to see what is in it.
    It made a folder "mods" with one folder "g5", g5_setup file, pdf and unnistal in it. When I clicked on setup g5_setup file a message error appeared "Not enough campaigns or core file missing!". So I don't understand what it changes or adds to the mods directories yet and afraid of do something wrong to my mods or to original files in mods directories.

Now I have 4 original mods and one where I installed "Holy land" mod. I would like to try your mod in "Holy land" mod at first without changing or adding some new files to other mods. What steps should I do?

If I decide to uninstall the mod will it unistall all files what your mod added or it will delete some files of mod too?

Hope you could understand what I mean.
    Last edited by good4eL; June 08, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.04 Released!

LOL! i was going to ask whether it works with TATW (medi2 kingdoms) .. but considering the probs people are having, i might just say "wooHoo! great well done!"

Seriously, has it been tested with TATW 2.1?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo