Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7 Released!

Has anyone noticed that certain types of troops seem to be far more likely to cause battle C2Ds. In particular foot skirmishers (javelins) and mounted skirmishers (horse javelins) seem to cause a lot of battle crashes, but only when integrated with a main army.

Attached a custom battle that has a ~50% to crash. Always occurs on the point of initial missile (skirmish) engagement.

https://mega.nz/#!k9U2RLSb!X16GXvObb...H40eep9f-oq9oY

Normal archer (missile) troops do not seem to cause crashes, only javelin, and possibly gunpowder.

The javelin crashes may have more to do with the animation used than with the script. I have noticed issues in a few mods with and without the really bad ai included concerning javelin units.

If you could post a copy of the system log that would be of more use in trying to determine the cause of the ctd.

I'm trying to manually add RBAI to my TATW 1.4 RR/RC Compilation install. It already had Germanicu5 AI, but the one posted here is newer.

I pasted the contents of the text file into the campaign_script, but I already had this code in it:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;##########ReallyBadAI BAttle System launching code #######

set_event_counter show_me_how 1

monitor_event GameReloaded TrueCondition

set_event_counter show_me_how 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreBattlePanelOpen TrueCondition
    and I_EventCounter show_me_how = 1

console_command clear_messages
    advance_advice_thread G5Script_Thread
    wait 1
    select_ui_element advisor_portrait_button
    simulate_mouse_click lclick_down
    simulate_mouse_click lclick_up

wait 2
    select_ui_element advisor_show_me_button

select_ui_element advisor_dismiss_button

set_event_counter show_me_how 2
    end_monitor

Should I delete that? Probably, since the AI is meant to be installed on mods without G5's stuff.

The instructions mention that "you can copy advice files without problems". What advice files? There is only one in the whole download, called export_descr_advice, and it's only 16 KB. The export_descr_advice I already have is 654 KB and it already contains similar things, with some differences.

For example, these are the first two things:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    AdviceThread G5Script_Thread
        GameArea Campaign

Item G5Script_Text_01
            Suppressible n
        Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0
        Priority  1 
            Threshold  1 
            MaxRepeats  0 
            RepeatInterval  1 
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            Title G5Script_Text_01_Title
            Script scripts/show_me/G5Script.txt
            Text G5Script_Text_01_Text1

AdviceThread G5Script2_Thread
        GameArea Battle

Item G5Script2_Text_01
            Suppressible n
        Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0
        Priority  1 
            Threshold  1 
            MaxRepeats  0 
            RepeatInterval  1 
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            Title G5Script2_Text_01_Title
            Script scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt
            Text G5Script2_Text_01_Text1

These are the first two entries in the new export_descr_advice:

Code:
    AdviceThread G5Script2_Thread
        GameArea Battle

Item G5Script2_Text_01
            Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0
            Priority  6
            Threshold  1
            MaxRepeats  0
            RepeatInterval  1
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            On_display scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt

AdviceThread G5Script3_Thread
        GameArea Battle

Item G5Script2_Text_01
            Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0
            Priority  6
            Threshold  1
            MaxRepeats  0
            RepeatInterval  1
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            On_display scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt

They go up to 21. Are these in the campaign_script?

In the D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\scripts\show_me folder, I currently have two text files, G5Script and G5Script2, which were referenced by the first two entries in export_descr_advice. Do I delete those? I think the information in them has been moved to the campaign_script, so I probably could delete them. But the export_descr_advice wants similar files. Where do I find those?

I've copied the battle_config file and I've made the adjustments as instructed, so that part's ok.

What about this one??? "8. All files I didn't mention should be copied following normal routine."

What does that mean? Which files? battle_config and export_descr_advice were the only ones in the Manual Integration folder. Do I paste the ones in the "files" folder in D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age? The ones from BattleAISwitcher_TATW and ReallyBadAI_TATW? In that last folder there's a geography file. Do I overwrite the one I already have or do I put it in D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age? Do I paste the entire BattleAISwitcher_TATW folder as is or do I take out the folders it contains and and paste those?

What about the BattleAISwitcher_TATW and ReallyBadAI_TATW text files? Do I paste those in D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age?

Someone made this comment on the third page: "You activate the AI files yourself manually for the mod you intend to play they don't activate themselves.Hope that i answered your question."

Does that apply even with the Manual Integration? No, right? Because there's no Setup executable. So the Advisor pops up once in the beginning of the campaign and starts the scripts? Or the campaign_script will?

Crap, now I'm not getting the barracks event choice when starting a new campaign, or the warning not to cheat.
    It looks like that's something that has to do with the garrison script I made, though.
    Last edited by k/t; February 14, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector MG View Post
    Try to right-click the setup file, and choose to run as an administrator. Worked for me.
    I tried this but with no success. Anyone know how to fix this problem? UAC is disabled

I get this error when start setup file "Error while processing ReallyBadAI_Universal.txt File does not exist: Bare_Geomod\data\battle_config.xml

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi. I included this mod into my submod for Westeros, and I got one question - what should I do for AI switching between folders AiSet 1-5?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Hi Bitterhowl,
    After you dump out all the file contents (or install) Germanicus' latest file (1.61mb) linked in the op, THEN do a search for "G5BAISwitcher.vbs".
    You can open and edit it with notepad++ and see what it is doing. It works, though be careful where you put this switch and the folders. Plus you'll need to get it running via the game launch batch file.
    If in doubt download and install Third Age Mod to see the setup with the switcher (though its Ver5.6 and not 5.7).
    Good luck!

That losing control over your units is like the worst, broken AI from Rome 2.. Units not responding, not following your orders I felt like I play completely broken and bugged game with stupidest AI ever. I was looking for something what improves opponent AI and rises game difficulty not something what makes my own units defective and disabled for better difficulty balance lol. Time to start new game without this mod.

I think I found the issue with this AI crashing on large battles with skirmisher/javelin units about ~30% of the time. The outflank analyzer feature of RBAI seems to cause crashes with these units. After replacing the outflank section with the standard one from XBAI, I no longer get these crashes. I will post up my updated AI files when I get a chance and people can take a look at them. When I get a bit more time I am going to try and figure out why exactly these crashes occur.

Quote Originally Posted by revar View Post
    That losing control over your units is like the worst, broken AI from Rome 2.. Units not responding, not following your orders I felt like I play completely broken and bugged game with stupidest AI ever. I was looking for something what improves opponent AI and rises game difficulty not something what makes my own units defective and disabled for better difficulty balance lol. Time to start new game without this mod.
    Did you read the features of what you were installing and the different options, or did you skip that part like most people so you could come on the forums and make stupid posts?

Time to start a new forum without such members.

Laetus

I found an interesting problem with the installation of mod of Germanicu5 on Kingdoms (Americas, Britannia, Crusaders and Teutonic).
    Firstly, the installer quits (and sometimes the installer does not have time to install all the files, and I finished the installation by hand).
    In the second, all the above modes have a crash at a time when he should be Advisor (in tactical or strategic map). The only way to avoid the crash have delete files export_ advice.txt and export_advice.txt.strings.bin. With this method, there is the adviser of the game, there is an undesirable fact (according to the manual of Germanicu5).
    At the same time, other modes does not have this problems.
    Maybe someone familiar with this problem? Please tell me where I can read the materials on my situation?

Decanus

I'm sorry if this might have been asked before, but would this mod be save-compatible with a Bellum Crucis savegame?
    Othwerwise, I'll have to wait until my next campaign.

Roman, in the "Enhanced" it was already implemented and edited manually, with different parameters for the CAI and BAI and altered mechanics of it (the skeleton it's the same, but the alterations make it alternative)... if you can, you may already extract it from the scripts, it works for all mods (moreover)...

Ah, in any case, touching the c_s, it requires a new game.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Roman, in the "Enhanced" it was already implemented and edited manually, with different parameters for the CAI and BAI and altered mechanics of it (the skeleton it's the same, but the alterations make it alternative)... if you can, you may already extract it from the scripts, it works for all mods (moreover)...

Ah, in any case, touching the c_s, it requires a new game.
    Sei onnipresente! A questo punto, snoccioliamo la situazione. Purtroppo non posso installare ora la submod, visto che ho una campagna molto importante in corso, per la quale ho già effettuato importanti modifiche all'EDU, EDB, al file .cfg e il descr_mercenaries - per di più, gioco col descr_strat della feudale, quindi con i fortini - anche se i vari script ad essi collegati non sono attivi, credo. Se per c_s intendi il campaign_script, che io non ho modificato, credi mi sarebbe possibile spacchettare l'AI dalla tua submod, che ho già scaricato, e utilizzarla senza corrompere il savegame? Se sì, come? (Quali sono i file che devo copiare e incollare, e sono in contrasto con qualcuno dei file che ho già modificato?). Scusa per il disturbo

Quick explanation for non-Italian speakers, since it might be rude to suddenly switch from one language to another: I'm currently playing a wonderful Italian mod, Bellum Crucis 7.0, and was wondering whether downloading this AI mod would be save-compatible with it. The here present rafmc_1989 is author of an enhancement mod for Bellum Crucis which also contains a purposefully modified ReallyBADAi, and I asked him whether and how I could unpack the AI files from his submod and use those without it corrupting my save game. Cheers all!

Hahah, grazie, si diciamo sto a tutto campo ultimamente!!

Btw, copy-pasting directly form the submod into BC won't work if you just take a portion of it... It requires, instead, more work by comparing the vanilla files with the ones of the enhanced, using for ex. Notepad++ with "compare" plugin (downloadable free), so that you can see the differences in the files and copy-pasting what you want to trasport from A to B.
    As said, modifications to the scripts, mechanics of the game and other CAI/BAI values require a new game, not save-game compatible...

Hence, if you can manage to compare the files and take the tweaks done, you'll get the RBai with my last editings, plus the other content of the submod (instead as said, the newer scripts of the Enhanced need to be left aside for now)... I'm sorry I cannot intervene directly now :/

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hahah, grazie, si diciamo sto a tutto campo ultimamente!!

Btw, copy-pasting directly form the submod into BC won't work if you just take a portion of it... It requires, instead, more work by comparing the vanilla files with the ones of the enhanced, using for ex. Notepad++ with "compare" plugin (downloadable free), so that you can see the differences in the files and copy-pasting what you want to trasport from A to B.
    As said, modifications to the scripts, mechanics of the game and other CAI/BAI values require a new game, not save-game compatible...

Hence, if you can manage to compare the files and take the tweaks done, you'll get the RBai with my last editings, plus the other content of the submod (instead as said, the newer scripts of the Enhanced need to be left aside for now)... I'm sorry I cannot intervene directly now :/
    So, which are all the Enhanced Submod files I should compare to the ones I'm currently using in order to get the improved AI?

Also, even if I manually edit them (meaning the files I'm currently using), these changes are likely not save compatible - am I right?

Always new start...

for the easy editing, look and compare .txts like descr_campaign_ai_db, descr_campaign_db, descr_character, descr_projectile, descr_rebel_factions, descr_settlement_mechanics, descr_sm_factions, export_descr_buildings, export_descr_guilds, export_descr_unit, etc...

if you want to go further, you may want to edit the c_s as it's the file where the Rbai is recorded, descr_strat and descr_regions (taking the Enhanced as reference)...
    it takes a while I know, but try in any case

Hey i recently installed SS 6.4 and Third Age DaC mods, but SS 6.4 has only hardcore version available in it's setup.
    So i'd like to install this mod here but i dunno how to do it exactly.

My game folder is D:/Gry/Medieval II - Total war/mods and i'd like to install it for both SS and Third Age. Can someone help me with that?

I also found this: https://s26.postimg.org/9884vp9nd/image.jpg
    Does it mean i have already your mod? Or is it the default SS_setup hardcore version only?
    Last edited by revar; September 21, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Mhm, I do not remember exactly what SS has as default (not installed atm)...

DaC uses the ZenAI instead, if you want to erase it and substitute with RBai, eheh, not that fast actually (it involves editing several files). Btw, check the guides from Germanicus, they are pretty exhaustive.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Dear Germanicu5

I am Suppanut from Extended Cultures Mod for RTW. May I using heavily modified content from Sinuhet's Battle Foramtion/System of both RTW and M2TW as basis for formations files (along with Darth's Dark Formations RTW/M2TW and Sinuhet's RTW/M2TW battle system) in Extended Cultures Mod in Rome Total War?

With high regards,
    Suppanut
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.