Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Total War are now recruiting

Default Star Wars Total War are now recruiting

While im am in talks with lucas arts and starwars.com to make this mod legal i cannot resume unless a good team are assembled. All moddders good or bad will be accepted, or if you would like to learn how and help us out all info will be shared on how to.
    If you have any hands on skill with modding of Rome total war then we would like to hear from you. Everyone is invited.

to sign up please contact me at...

strategic_modding@hotmail.co.uk

Main Positions nedded

Coder (we need a unit coder and everything else such as landscapes will need coding)

Mapper (can create a good galaxy with all avalible plannets)

Skinners (can create the skin of the unit eg armour)

Unit Modelers (can create skelintons for the units)

Infomation (all about the different galaxies, cultures and so on)

Sound artist (create unit sounds, voices, music etc)

If you can do more than just 1 thing in the list then please contact me telling me all about the things you can do.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Achilles234; March 05, 2006 at 07:37 AM.
    STAR WARS TOTAL WAR TOTAL WAR

www.strategicmodding.piczo.com

Impossible.

Nuff said.

have you got any screenshots? Maybe if we see screenies then people would flock to join
    GREEK ERA MOD FOR MEDIEVAL 2- JOIN TODAY, THE ANCIENT PROJECT!!!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Ancient_Project/

No actually its possible previous starwars mods succeeded but died from the disapearance of their leader (such as the leader of the SCC starwars).

They made hover-craft and infantry.

there are a few here...

http://www.starwarstotalwar.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y

but the screenshots may look crap for the website isnt full created yet. oh and the clone troppers need there skelinton doing (happening as we speek) and you cant realy see the detail neaver because of the quality.

the mod is very posible and airbattles may not take place seems imposible to do but im also hoping to get help from the lucas arts team who knows!!!

You're hoping to get help from Lucus Arts?! How?

I don't want to shoot you down, only save you some time... star wars total war is beyond the capacity of the engine. You will have to make new animations for walkers and such, hundreds of the new models from scratch and worst of all you'll lack flying vehicles of any kind (no spaceships, no planetary fighters).

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

i no thats the only problem that will make star wars not seam like it is. Units, animations and so on are easy. oh i have got in contact with lucas arts by geting the hotmail to the customer support and carrying on from there ive been told were to locate the owners and have explained all about it to them. Hoping for an answer in a few days. I probly wont get any help from the lucas arts team but its worth a shot. All im contacting the team for is of the use of names and the acutal logo which is copywrited so its best to stay on the safe side.

keep you fingers crossed!!!!

i dont see why people are announcing new mods for Rome. By the time they have finnished the mod people would of lost interest to M2TW which will only be a few weeks from release if it isnt already.
    Last edited by westy159; March 04, 2006 at 05:31 PM.

Well one thing I don't agree with is that mods will lose interest to MTW II. Star wars for instance, has nothing to do with medieval times, so there will be no competition.

If models and animations are no problem for you btw, why are you using the rtw hoplite model for your clone troopers?

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

we will be creating a star wars mod or m2tw as well but seaming as i have already created quite a few units i dont realy want to cancel this mod also i have been trying for ages to get in contact with lucas arts and now that i have im not going to just quit on it. but as i say we will hopfully be bringing one out with m2tw as well!!!

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

Cool idea! If I remember correctly there was a Star Wars mod over at the .org that made some progress, but sort of fell apart. Its thread is HERE. I think they managed to make an animation for the guns, but I'm not sure.

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.

cheers that will help out loads thanks agen

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles234
    we will be creating a star wars mod or m2tw as well but seaming as i have already created quite a few units i dont realy want to cancel this mod also i have been trying for ages to get in contact with lucas arts and now that i have im not going to just quit on it. but as i say we will hopfully be bringing one out with m2tw as well!!!
    I hate to say this, but Lucasarts will never let you use "Star Wars" as a name or part of the name of your mod. I have seen many many mods (half life 1/2, Battlefield etc) that they got warned by lucasarts of the name or else they would have been sued. It's not an evil thing, simply they are protecting their brand name and their copywrited materials. Why do you think the "Galactic Conquest " was named such a way instead of "Battlefield : Star Wars" ?

Because of the same reason. It's the same with most of the SW mods found all over.

On the other hand, good luck working on this, but don't want to dissappoint you by telling that the RTW engine (and the MTWII engine) will not be capable of making flying units. Battle tanks or walkers might be possible, but it is a Huge undertaking you are doing.

the mod is very posible and airbattles may not take place seems imposible to do but im also hoping to get help from the lucas arts team who knows!!!
    Lucasarts has no idea how to work with the RTW engine. neither they will able to help you too much, since that would require them to purchase the RTW source code, which I find unlikely for the sole reason of helping you. It's only CA who could help you, but again, I read some posts from some CA devs, that flying units are not possible in RTW.
    Last edited by HorseArcher; March 04, 2006 at 12:22 PM.

This looks like a magnificent project but also incredibly tough to pull off.

may i ask how exactly you manage to pull off interstellar campaigns. As in representing many different planets on one map

the old star wars mod managed it so we should be able to creat one. the campaign planets will be circle with different textures frome the old game as you saw the sea is now black with stars fling past. the planets such as mygetoo will have lava and dead earth on it as it is like in the movie. the campagn screenshot will be brought out soon (well wot little i have done so far on the campain map)

Legione's Avatar Ordinarius

He could make every city/settlement a actual planet and change the grass trees etc to stars and galaxies and stuff. It's do-able but Rome and SW are too much of polar opposites for it to be that good or enjoyable. The more I think about it, (and this is a serious question) what strategy will be involved? Just troops shooting at each other is not fun, there is no cover or room for squad tactics, maybe flanking will work but that's it, and it's basically the units with the better stats win all the time with their eyes closed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Every man is his own ancestor, and every man is his own heir. He devises his own future, and he inherits his own past."

im hoping to add in new squad tactics and animations for that to happen. Ive watched all of the movies and saw that in star wars they fight close together anyway just a little spread out thats all. Expecially when you watch the 1st and 2nd episode with the gungans and trade federation and the republic at the spire!!!

hi we have the new improved website open here please enjoy!!!

www.swtotalwar.piczo.com

a few screenshots of wookies have been added in the forums go check it out

Default Re: Star Wars Total War are now recruiting

Check out our new site. Its under gone some changes and still is. Also please inform us about our units and what you think needs changing on them, for all critisum is helpful. (the units are crap compared to the proper versions and screenshots will be brought out soon) Check it out here for the forums and info...

www.swtotalwar.piczo.com

also check out our leading site...

www.Strategicmodding.piczo.com

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast