Thread: Garrison Questions

Default Garrison Questions

Feel free to force choke me if this information can be found easily somewhere - my search-fu has failed me. Is a FAQ in the works, by the by?

I was wondering what the altered garrisons are for each level of castle. The floating tooltip for everything above fort seems to be broken, and I'm trying to decide how to garrison my homeland.

Fort - 3 yari ashigaru, 2 bow ashigaru, 1 samurai retainer
    Stronghold - ???
    Fortress - ???
    Castle - ???
    Citadel - ???

Also, unless I'm mistaken the unit creation buildings (yari dojo, sword school, etc.) seem to provide additional garrison troops much earlier in their chains than they used to. How exactly are those arrayed?

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Garrison Questions

Quote Originally Posted by treehouse View Post
    Feel free to force choke me if this information can be found easily somewhere - my search-fu has failed me. Is a FAQ in the works, by the by?

I was wondering what the altered garrisons are for each level of castle. The floating tooltip for everything above fort seems to be broken, and I'm trying to decide how to garrison my homeland.

Fort - 3 yari ashigaru, 2 bow ashigaru, 1 samurai retainer
    Stronghold - ???
    Fortress - ???
    Castle - ???
    Citadel - ???

Also, unless I'm mistaken the unit creation buildings (yari dojo, sword school, etc.) seem to provide additional garrison troops much earlier in their chains than they used to. How exactly are those arrayed?
    The tooltips aren't broken, atleast for me. It's actually coded so it actually shows what has been written in the table that defines what garrison that will spawn, and not just some table you alter that defines what the tooltip will show.

So, if you define that in the table a fort will spawn 5 yari ashigaru, the tool tip with automatically show it will spawn 5 yari ashigaru.

Hmm, mine are broken...
    Last edited by treehouse; May 20, 2011 at 09:10 AM.

as far as i can remember:
    fort- 2 YA, 2 BA, 1 Sam Retainers (i am sure of this)
    stronghold- 3 YA, 2 BA, 1 Yari Sam, 1 Sam retainers (unsure...)
    fortress- 3 YA, 2 BA, 1 Yari Sam, 1 Bow Sam, 2 Sam retainers (pretty sure)

will update with accurate info when i get home if it hasn't been answered yet