Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Action Pictures of the Dark Side

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Action Pictures of the Dark Side

Epic screenies indeed +Rep

Some screenies demonstrating the fantastic penetration fighting of 2.8, really does feel like it is how samurai would have fought one another:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Why they don't have any Sashimono? Do you thinking it looks odd?
    I do not believe Jedi without lightsaber looking good. It is their very symbol.
    I cannot even imagine a Army without their Insignia or Unit patch. Sashimono works like that.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by lament9582 View Post
    Why they don't have any Sashimono? Do you thinking it looks odd?
    I do not believe Jedi without lightsaber looking good. It is their very symbol.
    I cannot even imagine a Army without their Insignia or Unit patch. Sashimono works like that.
    A succinct response.... Note: the wub smiley generally means its a profanity here.

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    Sashimono...
    Meh. To each his own.

As for me, I want banners so many, its ridiculous, as in Ii Naomasa ridiculous. oh and horos.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Horo's a symbol of extremely strong troops and it is for blocking arrows as well. If you have time, watch mythbuster about it.
    Finding out how to block arrow with piece of cloth baloon is quiet interesting.

but yeah. I was one who thought Horo is silly, but Sashimono, it is totally different one, because it is their identity. Sorry for being rude.

Quote Originally Posted by lament9582 View Post
    Horo's a symbol of extremely strong troops and it is for blocking arrows as well. If you have time, watch mythbuster about it.
    Finding out how to block arrow with piece of cloth baloon is quiet interesting.

but yeah. I was one who thought Horo is silly, but Sashimono, it is totally different one, because it is their identity. Sorry for being rude.
    Off topic mode : On

Mind to give me the link? I'm interested

btw, I don't hate Horo and Sashimono, I don't understand why ppls hate them. Its historical. Its like Knight without lance, they still looking good?

Off topic mode : Off

Back to the Topoc, @Diadok, you're genius! very great battles pic
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Lets not start on the horo/shashimono usage discussion in this thread there are several other places to do so.
    You are welcome to dedicate a thread on the subject.
    When someone does you can answer this for me as well,wasnt horos the perfect target for a fire arrow?
    Massive ball of flamable cloth on your back with a big targetreticle on it sitting on a highvalue target.
    I would most definitely try to exploit that

altbzat's Avatar Libertus

a screenshot of my hidden army
    Gloria Finis

I would like a favour, especially from diadok the epic screenshoter (). Please share some images showing the new realistic melee system of DarthMod and especially videos. I know that many players create Series "Lets Play Total War: Shogun 2" enhanced with DarthMod. A little search in youtube shows many of this kind of videos and I thank the creators. I would like also those people and everybody who has the time, to share these links here and I will prepare a special thread for them with the name "Lets Play DarthMod: Shogun II".... what do you say? The first one who publishes a new video with version 2.85 of the mod will be the first I will promote him to the new thread.

If my settings didn't make the game look butt ugly - and if I had any video creation skills - I'd do it, Darth . As for the screenshots in this thread, they're quite awesome.

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

Last edited by DARTH VADER; October 07, 2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Added spoiler

No problem Davidicus I can understand you and everyone that cannot do. But I would appreciate anything from someone who has the time and the appropriate rig.
    Like the new screenshots of Rezza (thanks).
    I added spoiler because the thread cannot be read easily without it.

diadok's Avatar Senator

I was waiting the finale 2.85 version to start a new campaign of Rise of the samuraï and doing some screenshots. I like the skins of ROTS units which i think are better than others (colours are better).

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

That is a great picture Rezza. If only it had on the right the logo of DarthMod: Shogun II i would use it immediately for the promotional content.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Yes it's great and the guy looks like Vader himself.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

I need a high res Darthmod Logo and the right to use it on promotional content. Can you get me a link for the Darthmod Logo and the permission to use it?

I do not have any logo unfortunately but only some pictures made by fans. Everybody can offer one or even you can create.
    Just some gold letters with shadows will do the job. The Font should be something similar to Star Wars or Japan Style.

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

This is for making a great mod for this community Darth. You deserve something back. Accept this as a gift from the community to you.

Last edited by Rezza; October 07, 2011 at 07:47 PM.