Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Action Pictures of the Dark Side

Default Re: Action Pictures of the Dark Side

(Linked due to large size) Line of Shimazu terror:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...55B53E9B1411F/
    What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

Here is a few from my Shimazu DM campaign. Don't have the x2 Ultra active.

Place
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Matchlocks tearing stuff up

No-Dachi and Naginata with Matchlock support

Some chaos

More chaos

Enemy Ninja attacking

VICTORY!!!

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Some epicness inside

Anegakoji, Kiso and Uesugi teaming up on my North Shinano fort with a total 12 344 troops, I had 3330. My computer didn't like it very much with ultra settings but it was playable. I lost that battle btw.
    Last edited by Arksa; July 02, 2011 at 01:49 PM.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Whoa, nice battle pictures!
    What else to expect from Diadok.

Just one question: where can you post fan art (like signatures, userbars etc.)?

THIS is how you use archers.
    Syntax would be proud.

The plan:

Waiting for the perfect moment:

Strike three and you're out:

They routed SO fast.
    Now that's what I call a "killzone". Each unit got over 200 kills and the cavalry finished the remaining troops off.
    Now somebody tell me archers are underpowered. Go on. Say it.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    THIS is how you use archers.
    Syntax would be proud.

The plan:

Waiting for the perfect moment:

Strike three and you're out:

They routed SO fast.
    Now that's what I call a "killzone". Each unit got over 200 kills and the cavalry finished the remaining troops off.
    Now somebody tell me archers are underpowered. Go on. Say it.
    I use them this way too, actually.
    I've always loved archer units, in both RTW as here.
    It takes a while, but when youn know how to use them, they are devastating.

The tactic that I use very often is the what I call the "It's a trap!" tactic.
    You put your archers on guard mode and skirmish off.
    Then you let them advance to an enemy to pepper them with arrows.
    When the enemy reacts with cavalry or normal infantry (just a difference in timing), you withdraw them and let some yari units form a yari wall behind them.
    The attacking units will mostly charge into the wall of spears with many casualties.

Lol, I used archers all the time in RTW to skirmish the enemy before my heavy infantry finishes the job.
    But in S2TW I find them only good for sieges. On land they are usually just an extra to wind down the enemy a tad bit.
    But I heard all of these complaints over their underpower-ness, and decided to prove the complainers wrong.

Another tactic, like my "Hell Gate" (mass of archers shooting flaming arrows at a dense concentration on a blob of enemy troops to create chaos and break their morale) and your "It's a trap!" (luring enemy units into a Yari Wall in the disguise of easy archers-target in order to dispatch them easily), is the "No Man's Land" tactic:
    You set up the General's unit between two forests (preferably in a valley between two hilly forests), as far back as possible but keeping him in the valley.
    You position your heaviest infantry very close to the general, in a tall esque formation from both sides of the valley (45 degrees to the general opening up to 90degrees to the general). Do not position them on the hills unless you really have to. Go for the lower grounds, as you are looking for the fastest possible reaction.
    You position one weak unit at the entrance to the valley on the enemy's side, facing AWAY from the enemy.
    You position your archers on both hills, overlooking towards one another, their firing zones covering the valley.
    The rest of the weaker infantry goes to some deep cover wherever available, facing in the appropriate direction to close off the valley after the enemy has gone inside.

You await for the enemy to come. Once they are well in, close off the entrance through which they entered. As they get close to the general, withdraw him 10 meters back or more, and seal off the exit using your 45degrees heavy infantry. Order the archers to open fire with flaming arrows, but only if the enemy has "Confident" or greater in morale (or if you don't have the knowledge how strong the enemy morale is). Don't use whistling arrows. If they run amok now you will lose everything. If they outnumber you greatly, your own troops may waver. Keep it at flaming or regular arrows. The damage will be catastrophic.
    The enemy will charge down your heavy infantry. Either fend them off (equal or stronger unit) or charge back (weaker unit, even if only by a small difference).
    Once you've engaged, send in the 90-degrees heavy infantry to charge the remaining column of units, or if there are other units who are not engaged - charge at them. They must not reach the archers.
    Cease fire when all enemy units are engaged, unless friendly fire will be minimal/non-existent.
    Move in with your lighter infantry from the back towards the battle zone. Keep their formation (mini-compass can help). Charge down the back of the enemy. If you have sufficient forces, use a column formation to charge the strongest of your lighter units into the back, and keeping the weaker lighter infantry to chase off fleeing enemies.

If possible, use an additional two light or yari cavalry to chase off the fleeing enemies IF they manage to escape No Man's Land (the valley). Their best position is on both sides of the entrance to the valley, where you positioned your lighter infantry.
    Charge in the general as you seem fit, and use him to chase down remaining troops.
    Turn the archers 180 degrees and use them to fire at fleeing troops if they manage to leave the valley. If they are all shattered, withdraw the infantry and use the archers to pick off the troops from below (it's a ginormous XP booster).

That's a tough plan to lay out, but if you manage it, it's highly successful and pretty swift. The battle itself will only take about 40 to 60 seconds. Maybe two minutes if the enemy army is composed of elite warriors.
    That being said, we are still on the Action Pictures thread, so in order not to stray off-topic, I'll ask:
    Anyone wants pictures of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    Anyone wants pictures of that?
    Actually, I would like to see some!
    Also, you're a mod here: do you know where I can post some fan art?

Open a thread in the general DMS forum (not submod nor technical help, of course)

I'd love to see fan art!

Hojo Mangonels with accuracy updates and 2 experience are devastating.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

awesome pictures guys! I have a few pics to upload later, loved that archer tactic pic

Some action pictures of the Dark Side

And current Legendary campaign situation. All out war with Western Alliance (Hatano, Shimazu, Mori (me)) vs Eastern Alliance (led by Tokugawa, Ashigaga Shogunate, Ikko Ikki)
    Last edited by Arksa; July 19, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Thank you for all the new additions.

Can someone create new pictures or videos with the new version DMS 2,65? The battles are much more different now and can produce a lot better visuals.

diadok's Avatar Senator

MORI vs IKKO IKKI

This battle has been the end of my Mori campaign in 2.7 version.
    I was too confident that i will kick their ass easily and i have paid for that...

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

diadok's Avatar Senator

CHOSOKABE vs HATTORI

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Darth, I have updated my userbar to fit better in other signatures.
    Here's the userbar:

diadok's Avatar Senator

I am disgusted, one week of vacations and my box has burn. No way to give feedback or great pics

I post with stupid wifi

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    I am disgusted, one week of vacations and my box has burn. No way to give feedback or great pics

I post with stupid wifi
    Your rig started burning?

diadok's Avatar Senator

I wait for my next box and don't know why my last box is dead...

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    I wait for my next box and don't know why my last box is dead...
    Ah that sucks mate hope you get it sorted soon i allways enjoy watching those epic screens