Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun for Darthmod (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: [RELEASED] ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN for DMS (AUM-SHO-DMS) - 2.3 - updated 5.6.11

Like a true Swiss mercenary, not even spinal injury can keep you down.

Your work is doubly appreciated Swiss Halberdier, my mum wrecked her spine in a motorbike accident so I fully appreciate how debilitating things can get. Best wishes mate, and thanks for the enjoyment you have injected into my TW experience
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Default Re: [RELEASED] ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN for DMS (AUM-SHO-DMS) - 2.3 - updated 5.6.11

Hi Swiss

I would love to have your mod along with the latest DMS which i play.

I am not all that good as a pc expert i can follow most things as a 47 year old gamer and have played Total war series since its birth......
    Long story short you have lost me in the installation of your mod from step 5. edit the user script etc...

I am very anal about what i put on my pc and up to now i have had no CTDS or other wise running the changes etcc,, and updates for DMS.

What i am saying is is there an easier way, or can you talk me through the last install process of the script things........

Sorry the older i get the more i forget................what a minute how many Wines have i had

i just want to not mess up my game files or have to remember complex things to bring my game back to reliable etc..or if it updates and then is not compatible.

thank you for your time i would like very much to try your new units.
    Last edited by crazyivan; July 11, 2011 at 03:52 AM.
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Ivan,its quite simple once you learn how to edit your script.
    Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts open the script and add the following line to the top of the script, mod aum_sho_mod_dms.pack; then save and exit.
    Put the regular AUM.pack or the retexture version of AUM if you are using retexture mod in your Shogun 2 data folder and start the game,you can make sure it is working by checking the available units in the army setup before starting a custom game.
    Another thing is that if you cant find your appdata folder it is most likely hidden so go to folder options disable hidden folders and it will work.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Mr Kami; July 13, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks MR Kami i will try this do i DL only one pack its called aum-sho-mod-re textures as i am using Ftcm retextures mod in dms..
    Last edited by crazyivan; July 14, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

Laetus

Hi Swiss,

Your additional units mod is amazing and made my first total war experience amazing. Just yesterday the additional units mod was working with darth mod 2.6, but once I tried to play it today, the game crashes at the splash screen for shogun 2. So i decided to download the AUM file that is used with the vanilla game and I tried it. Although I don't use the retextures, I downloaded it and tried it as well to see if it'll work. Both tries produced a crash at the splash screen as well. When I use darth mod and all in one together it works fine, but with the AUM with the other two mods it crashes. Am I doing something wrong? My script file looks like this:
    mod aum_sho_mod_dms.pack;
    mod Toons_Shogun2.pack;
    mod darthmod_shogun.pack;

and the pack files are placed correctly in the Shogun 2/data directory.

It will be very nice if I can get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpixel View Post
    Hi Swiss,

Your additional units mod is amazing and made my first total war experience amazing. Just yesterday the additional units mod was working with darth mod 2.6, but once I tried to play it today, the game crashes at the splash screen for shogun 2. So i decided to download the AUM file that is used with the vanilla game and I tried it. Although I don't use the retextures, I downloaded it and tried it as well to see if it'll work. Both tries produced a crash at the splash screen as well. When I use darth mod and all in one together it works fine, but with the AUM with the other two mods it crashes. Am I doing something wrong? My script file looks like this:
    mod Toons_Shogun2.pack;

AUM isnt working with the latest patch, must wait for a fix
    There is also a small possibility that the new patch ruined it for good though, as custom units support may have been removed.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    There is also a small possibility that the new patch ruined it for good though, as custom units support may have been removed.
    Hopefully the custom units will still be supported. If not I might not update the game from now on. :p but anyways thanks for letting me know!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

To bypass ugly crashes with AUM you must do following:

Open mod in PFM and find table called - aum_unit_to_groupings_military_permissions (if you modified original unit_to_groupings_military_permissions aswell, make same changes there)

And remove all lines where is multiplayer_avatar.

Ca somehow blocked in recent patch changes to this, so any unit custom or unlocked vanilla one must not have this line or the game wont start.

When you do this small change game will start properly, saves will load properly and you will be able to have all custom units in campaigns and custom battles again.

Enjoy and have fun.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post

Open mod in PFM and find table called - aum_unit_to_groupings_military_permissions (if you modified original unit_to_groupings_military_permissions aswell, make same changes there)

Ca somehow blocked in recent patch changes to this, so any unit custom or unlocked vanilla one must not have this line or the game wont start.

When you do this small change game will start properly, saves will load properly and you will be able to have all custom units in campaigns and custom battles again.

Enjoy and have fun.

Thank u so much worked and it repaired my game plus rep sire !

If this works, the mod should be updated with the lines removed already :\

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post

Enjoy and have fun.
    Thanks a lot my friend for posting this quick fix here and supporting my threads while I was away. Huge +rep!

Quote Originally Posted by bombadier View Post
    Best of British with your recovery Swiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    My very best wishes for a quick recovery Swiss...
    Thanks for your update...
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    Like a true Swiss mercenary, not even spinal injury can keep you down.
    Your work is doubly appreciated Swiss Halberdier, my mum wrecked her spine in a motorbike accident so I fully appreciate how debilitating things can get. Best wishes mate, and thanks for the enjoyment you have injected into my TW experience
    Thanks a lot to all of you for your good wishes!

If this works, the mod should be updated with the lines removed already :\
    AUM-SHO doesn't update itself... it needs a human like me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Ivan,its quite simple once you learn how to edit your script.
    Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts open the script and add the following line to the top of the script, mod aum_sho_mod_dms.pack; then save and exit.
    Put the regular AUM.pack or the retexture version of AUM if you are using retexture mod in your Shogun 2 data folder and start the game,you can make sure it is working by checking the available units in the army setup before starting a custom game.
    Another thing is that if you cant find your appdata folder it is most likely hidden so go to folder options disable hidden folders and it will work.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks for helping out here mate! +rep

The only thing that is at the moment a problem is the important unreadable "unit_stats_land" table where I could look at the vanilla stats and changes.

Hopefully the custom units will still be supported. If not I might not update the game from now on. :p but anyways thanks for letting me know!
    Luckily they are fully supported.

Hi Swiss,
    mod Toons_Shogun2.pack;

Thanks for your nice words and please download the fixed AUM-SHO 2.4 beta3.

Hello to all AUM-SHO-DMS and UPC-SHO users,

the fixed AUM-SHO 2.4 beta3 is available on my main page.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- AUM-SHO is fully compatible with the newest patch/DLC from 28.7.11

- fixed the crash which happened since the new patch/DLC

- minor balancing changes in the AUM-SHO-Vanilla version regarding the new patch. The important vanilla table "unit_stats_land" is not readable with the actual PFM at the moment. I will check this table as soon as the PFM gets updated, then I can look what has been changed.

- minor balancing changes in the AUM-SHO-Darthmod version regarding the newest DMS version. I will update the new changes of the 2.7 soon.

- removed the technology requirement of the "Tachi Samurai" that the recruitment is equal to the superior vanilla "Katana Samurai".

- decreased the costs/upkeeps of the "Tachi Samurai" and "Shimazu Tachi Samurai"

Loan Sword Ashigaru > Tachi Samurai > Katana Samurai
    (weak to strong and cheap to expensive)

I will create the "Hatamoto Foot Guards" which will be superior to these units above.

- unlocked these vanilla ships for the "Ikko-Ikki"
    Trade_Ship_Trade_Ship
    Trade_Ship_Red_Seal_Ship
    Trade_Ship_Wako_Trade_Ship
    Medium_Ship_Wako_Medium_Bune
    Light_Ship_Siege_Tower_Bune
    Cannon_Ship_Cannon_Bune
    Heavy_Ship_Nihon_Maru
    Heavy_Ship_O_Ataka_Bune

Today I released the updated UPC-SHO 1.9 in English and German which are fully compatible with the latest small patch/DLC. The other languages will be updated as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Hello to all AUM-SHO-DMS and UPC-SHO users,

I released all missing UPC-SHO language versions (French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Czech).

I removed AUM-SHO 2.3 as it doesn't work anymore after the recent patch/DLC.

Please download the new AUM-SHO 2.4 beta3

AUM-SHO 2.4 beta3 includes the fix for the latest patch/DLC.

You can continue your ongoing campaign and all saves should work.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Will you be considering making a mounted matchlock unit that can fire from horseback now that the animation is available?

Hi Swiss

I installed your mod part way through my Shamuze campaign everything was going well with the new units.

But i owned Bungo and had 4 Naban trade ships in the build que.

Turn after turn they just sit there not being built yet the que says 1 turn etc.
    in the end i had to cancel the production yet i still can"t build them if i reselect the trade ship.

I don't know whats going on and i dont want to start i new campiagn try the Naban trade ships building agian because if it doesnt work i have to uninstall your mod then my campiagn wont work as you have siad.

Laetus

Hey Swiss!! I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I just want to say thank you for the quick patch! I think I'm going to start downloading the 2.4 now.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent units (as always)!

But I have one suggestion:
    Since the yari ashigaru have 0-turn recruitment for the oda in DMS, could you make the loan sword ashigaru
    0-turn recruitable for Shimazu?

They always have problems with staying alive in my campaigns, and when I play like them, I see why.
    The Shogi clan gets very powerful in the first few turns while they can barely survive.
    I don't know how they get so powerful, but damn it's annoying...
    Also, maybe if you give them slightly better stats for Shimazu too?

EDIT: Oh and make them a bit cheaper in terms of upkeep and recruitment cost.
    They aren't worth the money in my opinion...
    Last edited by MatrixStorm; August 08, 2011 at 04:52 PM.

Matrix you can change that yourself if you wish by going into the unit_tables/units_land of the mod in question using Packfile Manager and change the value in the turns to build section to 0 for whatever unit you want.
    If anyone would want to remove the 0-turn recruitment for Oda just change the value back to 1 in DMS and AUM for the units it affects.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 08, 2011 at 03:47 PM.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Matrix you can change that yourself if you wish by going into the unit_tables/units_land of the mod in question using Packfile Manager and change the value in the turns to build section to 0 for whatever unit you want.
    If anyone would want to remove the 0-turn recruitment for Oda just change the value back to 1 in DMS and AUM for the units it affects.
    Thanks.
    But still, the units are a bit to expensive...

EDIT: Well, my DB Editor doesn't work anymore, and neither are the fresh downloads...

Can someone do these things for me?
    Just making loan sword ashigaru 0-turn recruitable for Shimazu and also cheaper in both upkeep and recruitment cost by 10%.
    Last edited by MatrixStorm; August 08, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

A question: Would this in principle be compatible with the mod Sengoku Jidai Universal Units: All units to all factions, same recruitment criteria?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=473255

Please swiss post #54 i think about the Naban trade ships can you give me some glues or any one

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast