Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta 6

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta 6

Strange my Oda arent invincible at all in fact they die off during the first 10 turns as usual.
    This was with beta 5 i might add.
    Ikko Ikki needs sorting out yes they are a major pain in the ass right now i despise those infidels.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 25, 2011 at 02:24 PM.

Really?? maybe mine was justa fluke then. However Ikko need sorting, no way should they be able to get warriors monks in those numbers that quickly

I tested rapidly some turns in legendary difficulty with Shimazu and Oda became superpower, and not only that, everything seems to work much better concerning CAI.
    I remind we are on beta6 which is very different than beta5 concerning CAI decisions of attack.

Oh my bad im trying betas left and right for people at the moment so im a bit confused

Edit,Oda just died at turn 6 using beta 6.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 25, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

No problem Kami. I am thrilled about this new version because it is far better and will please all with the 2 new gameplay options I will add. Now I must prepare the mod to upload. Must also inform Swiss about the changes... post here in the meantime if you have something urgent to say, not that it is hot.

rebalance ikko ikki! warrior monks are too easy to get early game, make them more expensive at least

I also had crashing and freezing issues but was able to fix the issues by switching to DX9 yes the game looks worse but hey least you can play (this game seems to hate NVIDIA VCs)

as for the Beta AI is in a pretty good place right now IMO I usually see a good mix of units in their army line ups (every now and then bunch of archers pop up) and they never attack me unless they know they have the bigger stick

as for the archers I love how they are currently they contribute enough in the fights to make them worth it again

ALL HAIL DARTH!!!

Tomorrow I will upload the new version. This will be the final changelog:

Version 2.2

• Archers should be slightly more powerful as requested.
    • Troops react better at first contact creating more lively melees.
    • Mangonels more accurate.
    • Missile troops can defend themselves more effectively (No unit stats changes).
    • Charge bonuses last more.
    • Ikko Ikki warrior monks no longer recruited in 1 turn but 2 so that AI Ikko Ikki do not spam them and become invincible.
    • CAI major clans more expansionists and effective than the minors who are now more defensive but not easy targets at all. This should correct the problem that came with the patch that some major clans fail to expand.
    • CAI eager to cycle war and peace through negotiation procedures.
    • CAI Agents a lot more active.
    • Renamed some CAI related files because there is a possibility that some of their values are overriden by vanilla (for example the Realm Divide Effect does not come sooner).
    • Chosokabe samurai and ashigaru archers slightly more powerful.
    • Katana samurai and hero got a slight +2 anti-cavalry bonus so as not to be so vulnerable to cavalry.
    • Oda yari, bow and matchlock ashigaru require now 0 recruitment points. This will make the Oda capable to raise quickly powerful Ashigaru armies, up to 6 units per turn per castle. (Needs testing if the Oda CAI understands that and can finally survive... new campaign needed for testing).
    • -1 defence for cavalry to balance it against infantry
    • CAI should examine better when to attack a castle.
    • Ship Movement points all 100 because the previous 120 movements points of trade ships may have favoured them too much in autocalculation of battles.
    • New DMS launcher addons:
      Option to enable/disable increased projectile damage.
      Option to enable/disable more starting units for the AI Oda (made by Thorn). This 2.2 version makes the Oda powerful and by enabling this it may make them invincible (have not tested the effects).
      Option to enable/disable ToonTotalWar graphics enhancements (Better looking bows, unit interface, loading screens)

Played 50 turns of legendary Date with 2.2 full version tonight.
    Major clan survivability is great only clan to die early was Oda as usual.
    All major clans are expanding nicely and Ikko Ikki is not steamrolling everyone at last.
    Im seeing more cavalry and Samurai earlier wich is great imo,armies are a nice mix of units.
    CAI is active in using its agents.
    Diplomacy is working well CAI is reasonable and taking logical actions.
    Autoresolve is a bith harsh atleast when playing on legendary,even when the bar is 80% favoring me i end up with a close victory most of the times wich is kinda annoying since it forces me to play every single battle myself.
    CAI has been active in using naval landings,my shores dont feel all safe anymore wich is great.
    I did not like how my campaigns played out in the 2.2 betas prior to v6 and 2.2 full but now after playing the full version tonight i can honestly say i havent had this much fun playing a campaign since before the CA patch and version 2.0 so great work Darth!

2.2 full is out? I don't see it, thought he said tomorrow?

no that is the changelog ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do the new projectile damage increases include muskets? thats my only question. Changes look good but i hope Oda don't become overpowered

i'm very excited for the next update,darth u saved another tw game amazing!

I got my hands on it a bit early

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456