Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta 6

Default DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta 6

DarthMod_Shogun II_v2.2_Open_Beta_update6.zip
    Use the easy installer to install above version 2.15, whatever option you play (vanilla garrison, handicaps etc) or above any other open beta.

Version 2.2 Open Beta 6

• Archers should be slightly more powerful as requested.
    • Troops react better at first contact creating more lively melees.
    • Mangonels more accurate.
    • Missile troops can defend themselves more effectively (No unit stats changes).
    • Charge bonuses last more.
    • Ikko Ikki warrior monks no longer recruited in 1 turn but 2 so that AI Ikko Ikki do not spam them and become invincible.
    • CAI major clans more expansionists and effective than the minors who are now more defensive but not easy targets at all. This should correct the problem that came with the patch that some major clans fail to expand.
    • CAI eager to cycle war and peace through negotiation procedures.
    • CAI Agents a lot more active.
    • Renamed some CAI related files because there is a possibility that some of their values are overriden by vanilla (for example the Realm Divide Effect does not come sooner).
    • Chosokabe samurai and ashigaru archers slightly more powerful.
    • Katana samurai and hero got a slight +2 anti-cavalry bonus so as not to be so vulnerable to cavalry.
    • Oda yari, bow and matchlock ashigaru require now 0 recruitment points. This will make the Oda capable to raise quickly powerful Ashigaru armies, up to 6 units per turn per castle. (Needs testing if the Oda CAI understands that and can finally survive... new campaign needed for testing).
    • -1 defence for cavalry to balance it against infantry
    • CAI should examine better when to attack a castle.
      ----- the below are not included in beta 6-----
    • Ship Movement points all 100 because the previous 120 movements points of trade ships may have favoured them too much in autocalculation of battles.
    • New DMS launcher addons:
      Option to enable/disable increased projectile damage.
      Option to enable/disable more starting units for the AI Oda (made by Thorn). This 2.2 version makes the Oda powerful and by enabling this it may make them invincible (have not tested the effects).
      Option to enable/disable ToonTotalWar graphics enhancements (Better looking bows, unit interface, loading screens)

Give your feedback below, especially you who complain about archers.
    According to the feedback you give here or to other sections of the forum I will improve it.
    Please play a new campaign with update 6 to try the new CAI settings.

Note: I tried to use the ESF Editor again but it corrupts the game. Although the changes apply, when I exit the game an error message pops ups that indicates something is wrong. Unfortunately there is currently no tool to make the Oda more powerful at start up.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta

Darth,i dont notice much difference in archer lethality but archer spam got worse then it has been in a long time with this latest beta.
    Early on it was okay nice balanced stacks then around turn 40 i started seeing more and more full stacks of both ashigaru and samurai archers mixed especially by the minor clans they could have multiple archer heavy stacks.

Edit,it was my own fault i was using another mod that was conflicting after i removed it the archer spam went away so nvm.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 19, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

love the mod its great. although the units using spear wall will not engage other infantry. IMO Calvary are way over powered 1 katana calvary killed 4 samurai archers while only losing 15 troops. IIMO archers are still underpowered, 1 yari Ashigaru unit defeats 2 bow Ashigaru. keep up the amazing work!

Foederatus

I remember that few people complained few days ago about beeing unable to win with yari ashi against bow ashi... now it is the other way. Ashigaru archers are for shooting nothing more and it should be like that. Maybe give them some small twicking, but please dont make them capable of resisting melee units again.

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v2.2 Open Beta 2

Please play a new campaign with update 2 to try the new CAI settings.
    See the changelog to understand that the new changes are very interesting.

Nice update will try now!
    Good job mate.

I did some testing for archers in beta 1 and they seem pretty well balanced for me now
    I didn't really see if "troops react better at first contact" but they seem to react very well.

I'll try beta 2 ; I guess it will work with an ongoing campaign except for the 3 CAI changes ?

Anyway thanks for so often updates
    Teutonic Crusades Sub-mod for SS6.3
    Many graphical enhancements to Teutonic Order and Lithuania factions

Darth I know you're busy and don't want to respond to every single reply but I'm still getting the naval board-ship bug. I just want to know if its just me or if anyone else is experiencing it too.

I've just installed it, but here's a tiny suggestion:

Make sure the DarthMod start-up screen/menu lists its versions correctly. It currently still lists v2.1, so I have no idea whether I've been playing v2.15 for the past few days or that I will play v2.2 right now.
    Know Thyself Create Thyself.

Well if you have been updating with every patch your launcher should say 2.15 since that was the last "full" release as 2.2 is beta right now

hmm.....

i installed 2.15 and it still says 2.1.....

could it be a bug?

is anyone else seeing this?

gunny

Hi just been playing this new release for lil bit now...anybody else have all unit cards in recruitment panels show up as bow ashigaru?? Just the picture that is, not the desc.

Edit: Army cards show up as normal for all recruited units, apart from the new coloured backgrounds and blue border...thing.
    Last edited by Nemmy101; May 20, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

i heard its side effect of the texture mod...

try turning that off?

Unit cards blank in battle too. Texture mod? Will try that.

Edit: Bingo
    Last edited by Nemmy101; May 20, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

i take it it worked?

glad i could help

gunny

Keep the posts here to feedback of the version in question,there is a subforum for technical questions.

Feedback regarding the latest beta,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Archers seem more lethal.
    -Troops feel like they respond faster to commands.
    -Im seeing good mixed stacks of swords bows and spears.
    -Ikko Ikki is still steamrolling.
    -Minor clans are still expanding to much,Hatakeyama owns 11 provinces after 50turns and destroyed both Hattori and Tokugawa in the process,Mori and Chosokabe have allso been destroyed by minor clans.
    -CAI is building to many markets and not focusing enough on upgrading its military structure.
    -CAI is recruiting very little cavalry and since im playing Takeda myself i hardly meet with armies that have any cavalry.
    -CAI should focus more on building land armies instead of naval ones since this would balance the challenge better in my opinion.
    -Rd does not happen at 13 provinces now atleast not for me when i hit 13,and the clan "fame" system feel like its allowing you to take more regions then earlier before getting noted famous and so on.

Using AUM and DMS for this playtrough.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

Does the pack file gets updated too with this beta update? Every time I install this beta I receive three files. They are something like DMS_vanila_garrison.pack, and one about vanilla handicap and one is "vanilla_hand". Won't they work unless I put the three files in the user script? Oh and please don't forget to answer my first question.
    I just want archers to be realistic. It's very annoying to see people who are immortal against arrows. Full Image

Playing the beta 2 battles feels great, but unit feel too fast., don't know why but I have to put the 1/2 speed to enjoy and take photos ¬¬
    Last edited by Miyamoto; May 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

@Mr kami

Agreeing with most of the points, except for the criticism on naval focus.
    I'm not sure about how it takes influence in each difficulty setting in particular, but the trade routes are essential for having enough income in higher difficulty settings (especially after realm divide).

Thus i like this additional challenge and the pressure to have at least 2 strong fleets in order to keep naval control (protecting trade routes, trading posts etc).
    Winning would be even more easy otherwise.

Though pressure would be higher if CAI attempts more sea invasions.

Date,vanilla size,garrison,handicap.Legendary

heres what i noticed with the latest beta. a lot of agents all kinds, having to defeat the same army 3-4 times they keep Routing with 100+ men.calvary run down at the end of battle is not effective at all. the siege calculations are off still they keep trying to take castles with the same #'s as the garrisoned troops.A lot of clans declared war on me, right after encountering them.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast