Use the easy installer to install above version 2.15, whatever option you play (vanilla garrison, handicaps etc) or above any other open beta.
Version 2.2 Open Beta 6
- Archers should be slightly more powerful as requested.
- Troops react better at first contact creating more lively melees.
- Mangonels more accurate.
- Missile troops can defend themselves more effectively (No unit stats changes).
- Charge bonuses last more.
- Ikko Ikki warrior monks no longer recruited in 1 turn but 2 so that AI Ikko Ikki do not spam them and become invincible.
- CAI major clans more expansionists and effective than the minors who are now more defensive but not easy targets at all. This should correct the problem that came with the patch that some major clans fail to expand.
- CAI eager to cycle war and peace through negotiation procedures.
- CAI Agents a lot more active.
- Renamed some CAI related files because there is a possibility that some of their values are overriden by vanilla (for example the Realm Divide Effect does not come sooner).
- Chosokabe samurai and ashigaru archers slightly more powerful.
- Katana samurai and hero got a slight +2 anti-cavalry bonus so as not to be so vulnerable to cavalry.
- Oda yari, bow and matchlock ashigaru require now 0 recruitment points. This will make the Oda capable to raise quickly powerful Ashigaru armies, up to 6 units per turn per castle. (Needs testing if the Oda CAI understands that and can finally survive... new campaign needed for testing).
- -1 defence for cavalry to balance it against infantry
- CAI should examine better when to attack a castle.
----- the below are not included in beta 6-----
- Ship Movement points all 100 because the previous 120 movements points of trade ships may have favoured them too much in autocalculation of battles.
- New DMS launcher addons:
Option to enable/disable increased projectile damage.
Option to enable/disable more starting units for the AI Oda (made by Thorn). This 2.2 version makes the Oda powerful and by enabling this it may make them invincible (have not tested the effects).
Option to enable/disable ToonTotalWar graphics enhancements (Better looking bows, unit interface, loading screens)
Give your feedback below, especially you who complain about archers.
According to the feedback you give here or to other sections of the forum I will improve it.
Please play a new campaign with update 6 to try the new CAI settings.
Note: I tried to use the ESF Editor again but it corrupts the game. Although the changes apply, when I exit the game an error message pops ups that indicates something is wrong. Unfortunately there is currently no tool to make the Oda more powerful at start up.