Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: sands of Conquest!:BETA( download)

Default Re: sands of Conquest!:BETA( download)

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    I understand your sentiment here but the reality is a "new" map is a "new" map regardless of what it is based on~ (the most important thing!, is it is not the vanilla MTW2 map) & I know how much effort you are putting in the Custom map for your projects ( beautiful work by the way!) but see that is where we have to metaphorically "Part ways" because you are working with other modders, I have only recently been offered help from others so outside of Russian Gondors ground types & climates mapping & the basic heights map ( which although is Australia ) IS A COMPLETE "new" map done by Gigantus! I have done around %95 percent of this mod on my own! so (please forgive me for not dedicating my focus on the basic heights map because in terms of modding we all know that is just the beginning! of making a viable map!)
    & no worries if you won`t play this, because I probably will not play your project either ( sorry the dark ages bore me!)

I told you I should of made a new map

Indefinitely Banned

Nice job getting hosted

edit oops not hosted yet

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

will download this when i clean up my computer, full of mods and other stuff needing some management before geting a lot more MBs, looking forward to it, congratulations!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looks brilliant! I'll have a try as soon as I can and will give feedback ASAP!

Nice work! Btw, the Mozul Rupita have two faction leaders, but no faction heir at start - nothing major, just wanted to let you know.
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Nice work! Btw, the Mozul Rupita have two faction leaders, but no faction heir at start - nothing major, just wanted to let you know.
    +rep
    thanks Toulas as always you catch the little details which make a project a "little" more refined!

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    +rep
    Thanks, must of clicked the wrong button.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Thanks, must of clicked the wrong button.
    how could you!

When it's not an historic mod, it loses the thing that I like of Total War Series... Also, I'm christian (Its hard to realy be it) and Islamic factions...
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; June 10, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius Aquila View Post
    When it's not an historic mod, it loses the thing that I like of Total War Series... Also, I'm christian (Its hard to realy be it) and Islamic factions...
    everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    that is why there are many mods with their own forums where you can post support for them! ( not come into this one with judgmental commentary) no one is "force feeding" you this mod! you are perfectly able to frequent mod that are in the "box" no honestly you have a valid point but no where do I make claims that this is anything that it is not! so such commentary is very subjective! you want a great "Christian historic Mod" your free to make one! ya I guess I am sorry this is not for you I guess (sorry to say) but for the Islamic player out there! (many mods are fantasy but with a "christian sentiment" they do not receive such judgments! please think about what you are saying!~~~~

I agree with Gabe. This is just a game, no biggy if you have Muslims around or not. Besides, some factions are based off of Christian factions.

Marcus Flavius Aquila
    Im a Muslim..and I often play as factions like the Byzantine empire, or Venice...How does a video game affect faith? Also, apparently you are unwilling to dip your toe into something a little foreighn to what your mind is familiar with. (and thats a shame..but it is understandable-- and very common among the kind of people that would worship a dead man.) I guess what we should do to accommodate you is place some crusaders in the middle of the map..Would that be christian enought for you...They can have American flags, and everything. Itll be great!

Hey! Maybe that could be a new event!

"The Crusaders Invasion"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sconderix View Post
    Hey! Maybe that could be a new event!

"The Crusaders Invasion"...

YES! & the Taquil, Dea Depan, Gaja Gun, Shelabi..................navies get together & intercept them before they land & then you see a video of a naval battle & the aftermath of all the dead! (did I say DEAD! dead as a DOORKNOB!) crusader knights washed up on the beach! LoL~ NO! that would not be appropriate for this mod me thinks!~

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post

YES! & the Taquil, Dea Depan, Gaja Gun, Shelabi..................navies get together & intercept them before they land & then you see a video of a naval battle & the aftermath of all the dead! (did I say DEAD! dead as a DOORKNOB!) crusader knights washed up on the beach! LoL~ NO! that would not be appropriate for this mod me thinks!~
    Or else.... this will happen! ALLAH AHBAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Or else.... this will happen! ALLAH AKBAR!

Sorry, I couldn't resist correcting the word. Nice pic by the way.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Are you saying because you are christian you dislike this mod because it is based on Islamic factions?
    Does your hatred of other religions run so deep it even effects your gaming experience? If so i am very sad for you, and Jesus would be very disappointed in you.

One good thing about Christians is you are always good for a laugh. Hypocritical to an insane and scary level.

I will definitely be downloading this mod simply because it is a fantasy mod, and in my opinion the more fantasy mods out there the better, there are already far too many "historical" mods that all pretty much do the same thing. This is a new concept and an original idea, and that alone should be enough reason for any fan of Total War to give it a try.

But from a christian point of view i can see how not being able to lead a bunch of "peace loving" Catholics to slaughter another race because of religious differences would ruin the game for you, i mean it's just the way we roll

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Are you saying because you are christian you dislike this mod because it is based on Islamic factions?
    Does your hatred of other religions run so deep it even effects your gaming experience? If so i am very sad for you, and Jesus would be very disappointed in you.

One good thing about Christians is you are always good for a laugh. Hypocritical to an insane and scary level.

I will definitely be downloading this mod simply because it is a fantasy mod, and in my opinion the more fantasy mods out there the better, there are already far too many "historical" mods that all pretty much do the same thing. This is a new concept and an original idea, and that alone should be enough reason for any fan of Total War to give it a try.

But from a christian point of view i can see how not being able to lead a bunch of "peace loving" Catholics to slaughter another race because of religious differences would ruin the game for you, i mean it's just the way we roll
    LoL! very well said! indeed! & thank you for acknowledging & (supporting) the "unique" kinda mod this is! I hope you enjoy it! ( you know I could`ve made it a mod where I made the Pope Islamic & put in like two or three catholic factions which would have Jihad left & right! called on them! so then how you like them apples! LoL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post

Yep, thanks! Me and Druv had been planning a fantasy mod for quite some time.

>mfw I'm Christian and love playing Broken Crescent as the Muslim factions because of their history.