Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: sands of Conquest!:BETA( download)

Default Re: sands of Conquest!:BETA

game play seems to be just how I envisioned it! you can acquire rather easily 5-8 settlements easily! (they are only small towns & villages with little or no garrisons & generate little wealth ) you have to upgrade & build your "little" Dynastic sphere until you are strong enough to go for the five central fortresses and the total 50 settlements~ I played until a Jihad & it was called on one of these five fortresses (still not getting that video to work though) but I noticed they all are heavily garrisoned! not with just the armies we put there but it is obvious (as I had hoped) each one has been recruiting heavily!) they are all full stacks with several wondering just outside, so you will need at least five stacks for each one! luckily your economy seems slim in the beginning but it will grow! strong! so you can support the armies needed for your conquest! I set it like this so you are not harassed by other factions & can build your infra-structure! in fact alliances are an even more valuable asset than in vanilla!
    only thing is I removed all gunpowder
    I am thinking I should put it back!
    but limit it to "bombard" "grand bombard" & may be "mortar or cannon"

About the buildings prices, you are right. Although the prices are high, my income rises really fast, I just didn't play far enough, so I am sorry fo asking earlier. Also I've found this strange thing on the campaign map, here is a pic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About the Jihad video, can you replace it with the pic in vanilla?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

no problemo! I edited that text before I added (Muslim princesses, they are lacking from vanilla) I will just re do it & also all the text for Gaja Gun is fixed! After a little more content I will just upload a whole new mod package ( I like the idea of changing names but Russian Gondor thinks its fine~ it actually isn`t a big deal just like to give "Arabic" & "Islamic" players a mod that is all theirs! & " I personally think it would be cool!"

edit: & I re put gun powder but only limited, Bombard only no other gunpowder units~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; May 23, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

So, will you change the names or not? Also, can you add this sub-mod to the mod : (Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    game play seems to be just how I envisioned it! you can acquire rather easily 5-8 settlements easily! (they are only small towns & villages with little or no garrisons & generate little wealth ) you have to upgrade & build your "little" Dynastic sphere until you are strong enough to go for the five central fortresses and the total 50 settlements~ I played until a Jihad & it was called on one of these five fortresses (still not getting that video to work though) but I noticed they all are heavily garrisoned! not with just the armies we put there but it is obvious (as I had hoped) each one has been recruiting heavily!) they are all full stacks with several wondering just outside, so you will need at least five stacks for each one! luckily your economy seems slim in the beginning but it will grow! strong! so you can support the armies needed for your conquest! I set it like this so you are not harassed by other factions & can build your infra-structure! in fact alliances are an even more valuable asset than in vanilla!
    only thing is I removed all gunpowder
    I am thinking I should put it back!
    but limit it to "bombard" "grand bombard" & may be "mortar or cannon"
    I told you Gunpowder is good for soul!

Gabe, can you just change the pack from Spanish to Turkish for example? Because garrisons are not all cheese and crackers. Regarding a Jihad video, if you want I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post

Gabe, can you just change the pack from Spanish to Turkish for example? Because garrisons are not all cheese and crackers. Regarding a Jihad video, if you want I can find one.
    unsure what you mean here? I alreaady changed all that text that said spanish to Gaja Gun but have not changed any armies or faction (Dynasty) names so you still see "Sheik Domingo" & "Sultan Olaf" but not "spanish castle" of "spanish port"

Ah okay. Sorry, was not sure it was fixed.

by the way just updated the "package" has the fixes so far~ enhanced mapping adjustments & more! also I do not know why but it does not tell you if you play as the Shelabi & build a "craftsman" the settlement you built it in gets a %30 reduction in the cost of building anything else in that settlement after!

my hope with this mod is the player can really solidify there Dynasty before going after the win conditions & I believe the economy has been balanced for this quite well.
    ok some questions & need feedback!

1.how important are character names changes ( my opinion would be nice but is not really important)

2. there is room on the map for about 35 new regions (please tell where you might want some more!)

by the way gunpowder ( only bombard is recruit able) can only be recruited in cities as well as all Siege
    & do try varied Dynasties because each dynasty has a few unique buildings with different bonuses & units they allow for recruitment~ also if your a player who likes using spies & assassins they can only be recruited in "Military lounge, Military academy & Officers Academy
    & please make any other suggestions for game play/features
    enhancements

I have a problem. After I downloaded the update and extracted it, I loaded my old save but then the game crashed and gave me this message: Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lego I am sorry I forgot (I thought it was just common knowledge) to say any mapping updates & Exsport_desc_buildings text. updates are not save compatible I am sorry

edit: & also sometimes (rarely) you get a crash because of something happening with your overall system, but these errors are only very rare like not enough r.a.m (temporarily) your computer is doing too much at one time~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; May 25, 2011 at 03:29 AM.

Ok, no problem, I just have started with taquil, but why the factions start neutral with the rebels and not at war with them, and also all the rebels settlements aren't garrisoned except the five settelments in the middle.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

but why the factions start neutral with the rebels and not at war with them
    not really an issue, once you take one settlement there it is!,
    also all the rebels settlements aren't garrisoned except the five settelments in the middle.
    this is my personal gameplay decision it allows you to get 5-8 settlements easy! to have a basis for your Dynasty, after that, by this time rebel recruitment is prolific! yes it is easy to get your first 5-8 settlements but thereafter expect harsh resistance!

This looks like a splendid mod old chap, you sure are productive! I don't have the opportunity to try it yet (last weeks of school are tough) but I will give it a jolly whirl once I'm able, and all that

I have gathered some people don`t like my custom unit cards~ well a lot of work when in to them! but that is besides the point! if you want to use vanilla cards you can find them in medievalII/data/ui/units ( assuming you are unpacked) then just put them in medievalII/mods/data/units & overwrite no units other than strictly vanilla units were used so there will be no problem & feel free to edit them yourself in the desired colors & if you want upload some screenshots for me to see & then we can possibly add them to the mod!

Who dare not be content with those beautiful cards!? :O

Ashton's Avatar Semisalis

I don't have any problem with the unit cards, they are different and that's what i like about them

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I don't have any problem with the unit cards, they are different and that's what i like about them
    thank you again!