Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 176792107108109110111112113114115116117
Results 2,321 to 2,332 of 2332

Thread: [IB:SAI AAR] Julian, The Savior Of Rome? [ FINAL UPDATE 13/06/2013 | COMPLETE ]

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: [IB:SAI AAR] Julian, The Savior Of Rome? [ FINAL UPDATE 13/06/2013 | COMPLETE ]

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    i wished Julian would die at that time! by his fall and the Roman Empire, many people would be saved and many civilizations would not be destroyed by Islamic Arabs !! oh what a disgusting world!
    one man caused aall misery in Middle East.......until the end of Humanity.....
    You could equally argue the opposite, that if Julian had lived then christianity would not have had the same dominance and then possibly no holy wars during the middle ages. But he is one for the "what if" of history. Either way he was and will always be an interesting figure of history.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [IB:SAI AAR] Julian, The Savior Of Rome? [ FINAL UPDATE 13/06/2013 | COMPLETE ]

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    You could equally argue the opposite, that if Julian had lived then christianity would not have had the same dominance and then possibly no holy wars during the middle ages. But he is one for the "what if" of history. Either way he was and will always be an interesting figure of history.
    i am not christian although i respect REAL Christianity (Orthodox & Protestantism). but it was Short and Rome too was weakned because of Islam and then Turks. we see not much Christianity left in middle east. well Catholics & Crusaders caused Byzantium's fall too. but the first & Important fact was Islamic Arab and Islamic Turkish.-------well of course yes, i wished one of them would be completely destroyed Julian should not accept peace or Khosrou should not attack and empty his lands and go to Constantinople without realizing they may attack their home!!

but there is one difference. sassanids were cruel but they did not changed the conquested lands culture. but romans went everywhere destroyed their culture and romanized them. thats why i first said i wished Julian would be defeated! but anyway, history is just **** ! just by foolishness of one man and idleness of one other the fate and life and history of all middle east and perhaps Westerns of Asia too was changed forever! thats why i say History is just **** !
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    i wished Julian would die at that time! by his fall and the Roman Empire, many people would be saved and many civilizations would not be destroyed by Islamic Arabs !! oh what a disgusting world!
    one man caused aall misery in Middle East.......until the end of Humanity.....
    He did have some good quotes though,you can't knock the man for that.

Also, I'm curious as to why you think he's responsible for the rise of Islam. Sure, his invasion was a complete disaster and resulted in Rome losing a large amount of territory but even if they had that territory the various barbarians in the North would have inevitably destroyed the Western Empire and crippled the Eastern Empire. I bet Islam would have still risen.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

It's funny the things old threads like these dredge up.

I mean, of all the things to comment on, the tenuous link between Julian and the rise of Islam has to be one? Really? I just don't see how that is the case, nor how the Roman policy of "Romanisation" had anything to do with it. In fact, who knows, maybe if Julian had succeeded and managed the unlikely task of relegating Christianity to the status of just yet another cult, perhaps paganism would have remained the norm, in the empire and its outlying borders like Arabia. Instead, monotheistic religions became the norm. I just don't see how he can be culpable of something that would not occur for nearly a further 300 years after his death.

Anyway, I do miss this thread. I do occasionally still play my JTSOR save. I believe practically all of India has been taken and the steppes are soon to follow. Oh, and as for Julian... I'm listening to Lisa Miskovsky's "still alive" while I type this. Make of that what you will

Wow what can I say? This is a truly fantastic AAR, perhaps the best of all I have read.

The way you managed to incorporate everything- your writing styles, artwork, movies, soundtracks, etc etc etc and the way you got some assistance from some most excellent artists- truly inspiring.

I was very sad at Julian's death, but indeed it was the only way to end this magnificent piece of artwork. Truly a pleasure to read!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

An amazing AAR! SeniorBatavianHorse recommended your story and I am glad he did!

What Mod Is This?

Quote Originally Posted by JhudielTheOne View Post
    What Mod Is This?
    Invansio Barbarorum : SAI mod, you can find the mod in Rome Total War Hosted Modification page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

What Mod Is This?
    Welcome to the Writers' Study.

Johnadiw26 is right.

The full name of the mod - and a link to it - can also be found in the very first post of this thread. It's pretty common for AAR authors to list the mods they're using in their OP, so that's generally the first place you should look if you want to find that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    An amazing AAR! SeniorBatavianHorse recommended your story and I am glad he did!
    Thanks Alwyn, 3 years late but I appreciate the compliment!

What Mod Is This?
    IBSAI, as stated in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Welcome to the Writers' Study.

Johnadiw26 is right.

The full name of the mod - and a link to it - can also be found in the very first post of this thread. It's pretty common for AAR authors to list the mods they're using in their OP, so that's generally the first place you should look if you want to find that information.
    Thanks Caillagh. It's been a while, and it always brings a smile to my face to see people still read this. I hope they still enjoy it as much as I did writing it

From time to time I go back and have a read, it's been a source of inspiration at times when I get stuck in my AAR.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    From time to time I go back and have a read, it's been a source of inspiration at times when I get stuck in my AAR.
    It's nice to see you're still keeping your tale going, as I've always been an admirer of it. I'll have to give it another read because I'm a bit behind by a little while, but I'm looking forward to it!