Thread: Modding a Mod

Default Modding a Mod

Hey guys,

i want to build a mod upon a mod.

Im using DMUC 6.2 + Aum3.1
    I really love that mods, but its just too many units. So here comes my question:

How do you make a seperate file (bulding_units_allowed table) with DBeditor, which goes first, over the other files. Means that it deactivates existing files and works as standalone.

Problem is: if i mod the file and implement it, it is first in modplace, but the other files are also working, because e.g the Hussar units shouldnt be buildable in army_board, but any other file makes them available there.

Other question. How "easy" is it to implenemt seperate Technologies and/or Buildings (dont need to have graphics so far, they just should be available to choose like the Military_governement and the normal one)

thanks for your help so far.

Sincerely

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Modding a Mod

You can't disable recruitment in the bulding_units_allowed_table only enable it.
    Your file not allowing the recruitment doesn't mean it disables it.
    So it doesn't matter which place your mod loads the others enable the recruitment anyway.

You can turn off units entirely in the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables

Curious why are you using AUM if you say there are too many units?

Default Re: Modding a Mod

well.. i cant have enough different units allover, but not at one time.

if i open the recruitment windown in moscow with barracks and gunnery maximized, i cant see the last few units on the right side.
    and its one pixel per window (it seems so though), it is real hard micromanagement to find the unit u wanna build.

thats the problem, and the reason why i want to cut some units (militia, low cav, archers and most melee) out in highend buildings.