Thread: HELP! Error message that reads..... Failed to find texture 'alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/spy_egypt.tga'

Default HELP! Error message that reads..... Failed to find texture 'alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/spy_egypt.tga'

i finally got to the main menu. but when i try and start i campaign i get to the loading screen and then ctd and an error message that reads;

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture
    'alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/spy_egypt.tga'.

But i went in search of this texture only to find that it is there!!!! wtf is going on? i would really like to play this mod. ive been trying to play for about a week. I dont know what else to do!

p.s. i have windows 7 and i run alexander on steam.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: HELP! Error message that reads..... Failed to find texture 'alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/spy_egypt.tga'

Try using the file down. extract it to /The Creative Assembly (Or Activision)/Rome Total war/alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/ and click "move and replace" (Make a back up for both files in case) and then try to play it. Tell me how it goes.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: HELP! Error message that reads..... Failed to find texture 'alexander/MA/data/models_strat/textures/spy_egypt.tga'

I recommend to re-install your mod. Perhaps Alex expansion too.

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Hey, did it worked?
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123