Thread: campaign version

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Default campaign version

me want play campain
    me want know when campaing version ready
    me want estimation
    me not kill you if estimation is wrong

On their main site it says that they are going to be releasing mini campaigns at first. So a final campaign is probably far away. Also, they havent even started doing beta testing for it. So you will have to be patient. With that said, it would be kindda nice to get an idea of what time frame we're looking at, or atleast when the beta will be ready.
    Patron of Lucius Vorenus and therussian

We are in fact already testing it (within the team)
    As you probably read in the update, the first mini campaign will include the Reunited Kingdom (Gondor and Arnor), Harad and Rhun (Easterlings).

We decided on mini campaigns because you can play the mod even sooner!
    I'd say 2 months, but that's a rough estimation, and it'll likely be double that
    Joke, it's very hard to estimate it.
    The campaign is very near completion, can I say.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The Press Release, if anyone read it, put forth a tentative month of April 2006 for the release of the first mini-campaign. Things have been going well in the more visible areas, but due to the absence (illness) of our Faction Design Manager (who is also coding a large area of the mod) and a lack of 2D artists we are seriously behind schedule.

Having said that, the mini-campaign will not be in its final state when released (it will be updated in future releases probably alongside other releases) and so we are attending to the basics at present - this means that it should not take too long.

The in-house campaign balancing will be quite basic due to lack of time of Team members: and we will again rely heavily upon public beta testers, though I believe the units will need balancing before that can be attended to.

If you have any interest in being a beta tester please do sign up at our SCC forum (see sig).
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

mini campaigns sounds cool to me. i would even be happy to play a campaign with only 2 factions and 10 provinces or so. just to play around a bit.
    i just love lotr and none of the full games addressed to this story where really impressing me. yous is (units, the general rtw game, etc) but im not a multiplayer guy and single battles ar enot much fun for me. but it was great to see what to expect tn one of the demos. pretty cool.
    so im looking forward to the first mini campaign. this week i wont have problems beeing patient coz i dont have a computer. so i will molest you next week again about this.
    god grant me patience...but do it fast for christs sake!!!

I too enjoy the campaign side of the game more than the battle mode - however, please understand that we can hardly be accused of lagging behind. I know of no other non-historical major mod that has a full campaign release to date. A lot of hard work is involved, and we have had to come up with all the concept work too. A dedicated Dev. team members can often put in more than 30 hours a week into a Mod, making sacrifices that can be quite consequential...If any feel they would like the Mod out faster then the best thing to do is to learn how to mod and help us.

point of the post was just to get an estimation date because i never found one.
    i didnt intend to accuse.

now back to work, goblin!!!!!

:-P im just kidding

There is an estimation of release of th efirst mini-campaign in the Press Release which very few seem to have read as this question seems quite common

reading is for nerds i go with the 2 month estimations. but if its not out in 70 days i will pale a hobbit

Good luck finding one

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Tittils
    Good luck finding one
    i ll just download one and then i erase it after cutting and pasting it several times

Default Re: campaign version

ok i found a hobbit..so whenis release? or do i really have to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlerich
    reading is for nerds
    Whereas playing a Lord of the Rings version of a computer strategy game isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Astaldo
    Whereas playing a Lord of the Rings version of a computer strategy game isn't?
    no playing a lotr pc game is "gangsta"