Thread: Diplomacy

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

there is a lot more information provided to the player regarding your relationship with the person and each party’s status.

Rome diplomacy left a bit to be desired in a few places, MTW2 should raise the diplomacy bar significantly. The trick now is ensuring we catch any ways to exploit it. The clever guys down in the far corner of the office have implemented some neat ways to speed up this testing.

Yeah this is good news, theyre obviously trying to address the main community complaints, and want us to know about it.
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Tiro

Here's the whole post

Title of Post: A fly on the wall - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiman, CA Staff
    I have just today seen the new diplomacy screen in-game today. Previously it was rather a clandestine version of the Rome interface as a placeholder. It’s looking pretty sharp (though currently a little unpolished).

I am limited in what I can say at this time but there is a lot more information provided to the player regarding your relationship with the person and each party’s status.

Rome diplomacy left a bit to be desired in a few places, MTW2 should raise the diplomacy bar significantly. The trick now is ensuring we catch any ways to exploit it. The clever guys down in the far corner of the office have implemented some neat ways to speed up this testing.

On a side note, an honourable mention must go to the two designers I saw (rather overly) fixated on ensuring the grass looked *just right* while touching up a map. They were doing this on their own time after work, so when you are playing this game and you happened to see a grass/rock merge on some distant corner of some far flung map, please take a moment to thank the two Dans.

-wikiman
    Cheers!

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Rome diplomacy left a bit to be desired in a few places
    They noticed.

MTW2 should raise the diplomacy bar significantly
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Yap, good news but do I remember some "diplomacy is going to be great" hype before RTW? Yes, I do... Let's hope the problems are not there.

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe
    Yap, good news but do I remember some "diplomacy is going to be great" hype before RTW? Yes, I do... Let's hope the problems are not there.
    But wasn't that in interviews tho ??
    They always blow their own trumpets during interviews.
    This is more of a "update for the fanbase" kinda thing.