Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I'm announcing the REAL Stickmen mod!

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Default I'm announcing the REAL Stickmen mod!

STICKMEN - STUPID WAR

A mod for Rome - Total War 1.5

Team members:

Kaweh "Stickhippo" ............................unit card maker and .txt coder
    halie satanus, the "stickmaniandevil" ......................helps us in any way he can, and we thank him for that!
    Shuriken "StickFerret" ...........................................
    Sh4zbot "Stickpenguin" .........................................graphicer, makes loading screens, faction icons, skins,...
    Werner.............................................makes sprites for the units
    drak10687........................................modeller
    DarkProphet.....................................sounds and music

And our team-motto is: "Expect the unexpected!"

Mod description:

Factions: We'll stick to the RTW factions, but unite the Romans and give teh factions funny names (e.g. "Greek Cities" = "Greek Stickmen Confederation", or "Rebels" = "Wooden Scum")

Units: It will have beautifully made stickmen-units, they are going to be detailed, and in order to make them actually look like soldiers, their shields are going to be designed very, very beautiful. I think this "stickmen with realistic shields" idea will add some flair to the battlefield. Also, they will have new, funny unit descriptions.

Buildings: They will have new names (Barracks = maybe "Stickmen Production Center") and new descriptions.

Campaign: I guess we'll use the Mundus Magnus map. New loading screens, new quotes and new funny stickmen-traits. The only problem is, we are able to work with Photoshop and 3dMax quite well, also we are able to edit all the necessary .txt files, but we need somebody who's able to make the new traits and ancillaries.

So what has to be done?

Concept Arts:
    The drawing of concept arts will help us to imagine how the final units should look like and make the actual modelling and skinning of this units easier.
    Models: Of course, we’ll make 3d models of stickmen with textures. They will need unit cards.
    Traits, Ancillaries: Funny traits and ancillaries will be added to the mod.
    Loading Screens, Faction Icons: This will be made to make the mod look nicer. Loading screens and Faction Icons should be funny. They can be made in any program you like. They have to be saved as .tga, so you need Photoshop or Paint Shop or something like that. (Gimp)
    Music: New music should be added to the mod. I’m trying to contact someone in this matter.
    If you have music you think could fit to the mod, please tell me.

Who’s making what?

Concept Art: Can be made by any team member.
    Models: They will be made by Lukas “Stickdonkey”.
    Traits, Ancillaries: Nobody is making them, currently.
    Loading Screens, Faction Icons: I can make them, if nobody else wants to.
    Music: Everyone having music fitting to the mod, should contact me.

We currently need people who can make traits and ancillaries.

Shuriken: Please choose what exactly you want to do and PM me.

Thank you all very much for your help.

If you like this mod and want to help, please join!

We have no ETA for this mod yet, but you should expect the unexpected!!!

Concept Arts:

I have no working scanner at home, so the quality is crap. But you can see how our stickmen are going to look like: Nice stickmen with detailed shields. Also, the Naked Barbarian is hiding something behinf his shield, can you guess what? And by the way, eastern and southern stickmen will have a darker wood texture, which will add some varity, and the shields are going to be extremly detailed.

This time a mounted unit. Please keep in mind, that I'm not very good at drawing, and that the units will have a more wooden texture and the horse is going to look more like a horse.

Ok, some new concept art. It's a Spartan Hoplite, but note that the shield and the banner are just "concept" and far far far away from final.

New concept art. This time, the whole roman pre-marius infantry (melee (sp) and missile). We have started modding, so except the next update when we really have something interesting to show you (unit renders, ingame screenshots)

Some loading screens concept arts:

Model renders:

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; May 02, 2006 at 11:34 AM.

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

i'd be glad to help out but it may have to be in the later stages as i'm vey busy on my own satanic end of days mod and the mr potato head expantion for the stickmen,

saying that once you have something for me to work from ill be happy to do some loading screens and faction icons ect......

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

As long as this thread remains serious it will be allowed to stay open, but on the slightest sight off spam or imature behaviour I will close this thread.

Ohh and good luck, this could surely be a very unique mod. :original:

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus
    As long as this thread remains serious it will be allowed to stay open, but on the slightest sight off spam or imature behaviour I will close this thread.

Ohh and good luck, this could surely be a very unique mod. :original:
    Thanks, Proximus, that's what it shall be! Unique and funny! :wink:

K.K

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by halie satanus
    i'd be glad to help out but it may have to be in the later stages as i'm vey busy on my own satanic end of days mod and the mr potato head expantion for the stickmen,

saying that once you have something for me to work from ill be happy to do some loading screens and faction icons ect......
    Thank you very much! I'm going to release some concept art today or tomorrow, so you can make loading screens or anything you want fitting to them.

And to all others: We still need someone capable of editing traits and ancillaries, please, please, help us!

Edit: Yeah, and of course will accept every kind of help provided to us! Also we encourage everybody who wants to learn how to mod but is not a great modder yet, to join, 'cause we'll let him start with some .txt editing and so, so he can learn the basics of modding.

K.K

Blog Entries

hope its not considrered imature at my age i should know better

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Halie Satanus, that's great (and funny, wich is a good start for a funny mod!) We'll use it as our banner.
    Thanks again!

Edit: And everybody interested in this mod should make it his signature, so we can capture some attention!
    BTW, my 100st post, wow. (However, most of them was spam )

EDIT2: I'm off now to make some concept art drawings to release them here...

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 03, 2006 at 11:36 AM.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Our first Concept Art :laughing: :

I have no working scanner at home, so the quality is crap. But you can see how our stickmen are going to look like: Nice stickmen with detailed shields. Also, the Naked Barbarian is hiding something behind his shield, can you guess what ? And by the way, eastern and southern stickmen will have a darker wood texture, which will add some varity, and the shields are going to be extremly detailed.

K.K

Could I be part of the team. In the concept of how stickmen should be and maybe otherthings. If you would like references in the line of stickmen then please ask the user "Flogger". He'll tell you about my stickmen work and I'll see my other stickmen buddie (who got me into TW) to join.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken
    Could I be part of the team. In the concept of how stickmen should be and maybe otherthings. If you would like references in the line of stickmen then please ask the user "Flogger". He'll tell you about my stickmen work and I'll see my other stickmen buddie (who got me into TW) to join.
    Of course you can join, mate ! Just e-mail me your work (which can be anything you're good at) when it's done, and if you have any ideas and suggestions, please feel free to join them with us!
    Just choose an animal name so we can call you "Stick...", for example I'm "Stickhippo".
    Thank you that you're going to help us! And I'll contact Flogger, you think he'll join us?

EDIT:
    Of course you can release your concept arts in this thread, I then will update my firts post.

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 03, 2006 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Our first Concept Art :laughing: :

I have no working scanner at home, so the quality is crap. But you can see how our stickmen are going to look like: Nice stickmen with detailed shields. Also, the Naked Barbarian is hiding something behind his shield, can you guess what ? And by the way, eastern and southern stickmen will have a darker wood texture, which will add some varity, and the shields are going to be extremly detailed.

K.K
    Hmm... but are they historically accurate?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

I don't really do stickmen, but I know Shuriken does a hell of a lot of them. I may join, but I've got alot goin on at the mo...
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    Hmm... but are they historically accurate?
    You read my first post? Historical accuracy doesnt matter that much. If so, the soldiers wouldn't be made of wood. But btw, the barbarian's little thingie behind his shield is 100% historically accurate ...

K.K

Merged double posts./Proximus

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger
    I don't really do stickmen, but I know Shuriken does a hell of a lot of them. I may join, but I've got alot goin on at the mo...
    K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 04, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    You read my first post? Historical accuracy doesnt matter that much. If so, the soldiers wouldn't be made of wood. But btw, the barbarian's little thingie behind his shield is 100% historicaly accurate ...

K.K
    I was joking. :sweatingb

Good luck on pulling this off!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Ok I'll collect my work, upload it and post a link. But as for my name StickFerret.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    I was joking. :sweatingb

Good luck on pulling this off!
    Thanks, mate. :laughing: I hope at least some people are interested in a mod like that ...

@Shuriken:Thanks, you're officially in the team now.

I'm off now, going to have a look at this thread tomorrow again, and then I'll have made some new concept arts too...

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 03, 2006 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries

wow that concept art is amazeing my eyes are bleeding tears of elation i hope you like my humble offering though it pales in the glory of your own work

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

very innovative !

Keep it up

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by halie satanus

wow that concept art is amazeing my eyes are bleeding tears of elation i hope you like my humble offering though it pales in the glory of your own work
    I love it :sign_wow: , the final loading screens shall look as good !
    BTW, mods, I think we should have our own subforum, you know, so we can have a thread for mod description, one for upcoming previews, one for research and concept art, etc., etc., because this thread is becoming somewhat complex ...
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 04, 2006 at 04:53 AM.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

New Concept Art:
    This time a mounted unit. Please keep in mind, that I'm not very good at drawing, and that the units will have a more wooden texture and the horse is going to look more like a horse.
    Last edited by Kaweh; March 04, 2006 at 06:34 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast