Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Total war game in the works

Default Re: New Total war game in the works

If its not rome im not buying it. Shogun II pre purchase was to much of a slap to the face; I couldn't even play MPC at first . PLEASE LET IT BE ROME THEN I WOULDN'T CARE ABOUT BUGS

Here comes another rushed release. Maybe 8th time's a charm.

Indefinitely Banned

Rome 2 would be nice, but I'm not all that fussed. Considering the "quality" of what CA have been serving us with since Empire, I think that a Rome mod, ported to the Med II engine, would be a superior and more engaging product.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Rome 2 would be nice, but I'm not all that fussed. Considering the "quality" of what CA have been serving us with since Empire, I think that a Rome mod, ported to the Med II engine, would be a superior and more engaging product.
    But I want trireme battles

Rome II but starts earlier perhaps 500 bc. This or nothing

china or new medieval or gtfo.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I cant wait to see the reaction on the forums when CA announces that Rome 2 is the next title and that it will be running on a modified version of the Shogun 2 engine .

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Rome 2 is most likely what's coming up next. Hopefully they'll stop simplifying the gameplay to better represent the not-so-simple task of managing a Roman Empire.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    china or new medieval or gtfo.
    rome 2 or gtfo

Sebidiah's Avatar Miles

With any luck not a remake.
    Sherbet Lemon

If they have gunpowder units, I won't purchase. CA has a warped sense of what gunpowder was capable of at certain times.

Also remove all the from multiplayer. Hero units, RPG mechanics and retainers? How about tactical skill deciding matches, instead of unbalanced, unrealistic junk.
    If I see "Hero Legionaries" with the "Testudo" retainer lead by a lvl 20 hero, I will never touch CA again.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I actually liked the Hero idea.

I honestly think it will either be Rome 2, or a Dark Age setting

Personally I want World War II. But I doubt many want that ;P

Rome 2 would be nice. With tech upgrades, and the kinda of features that are in Empire and Shogun. Upgrading your Romans how you want too.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Not going to happen but I'd pay lots of money for a 17th century Europe TW game.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

im going to laugh when if rome 2 is released and its just as bad as empire was at release that will make my day but if its any good well then thats another story i would like a civil war total war game that would be cool but rather go for whole new setting not remake the worst total war of all them but like remaking the older games is just boring me with the same map over and over europe like 5 times...med 1 rome med 2 napoleon thats 5 games that had europe in it ina row i was glad for shogun 2 cuz of a new map and i like shogun 2 map alot better not as big as empire empires map was a mess france just 1 province really? ...

@ sebidiah
    i agree im tired of remakes....i want new game

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

After looking at some of these past posts I have a question: would most of you NOT want a Rome 2?

I was under the impression that most TWC-ers wanted a Rome 2.

Huh...

Personally I want World War II. But I doubt many want that ;P
    Yeah, CA has stated that they will never bring total war into the modern era. I wonder though if it's a matter of their interest (i.e. they just don't find the 20th century conflicts all that interesting) or if undertaking a project like that would require them to rebuild the TW forumla from the ground up...and that would be quite an undertaking that would need lots of staff, lots of time, and lots of money. Plus, the end product might carry the TW logo but the game may end up feeling nothing like a TW game.

with the same map over and over europe like 5 times
    What would you have them do? Make a new continent entirely up? It's not CA's fault that most of the more important, well known, well documented, and more appealing eras in history revolved around the Mediterranean, Continental Europe, and the Middle East.

I do hope to see a China: TW but I honestly wouldn't get excited by an India: TW, Southeastern Asia: TW, or Africa: TW. Leave those sorts of projects to the modders.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    After looking at some of these past posts I have a question: would most of you NOT want a Rome 2?

I was under the impression that most TWC-ers wanted a Rome 2.

Huh...

Yeah, CA has stated that they will never bring total war into the modern era. I wonder though if it's a matter of their interest (i.e. they just don't find the 20th century conflicts all that interesting) or if undertaking a project like that would require them to rebuild the TW forumla from the ground up...and that would be quite an undertaking that would need lots of staff, lots of time, and lots of money. Plus, the end product might carry the TW logo but the game may end up feeling nothing like a TW game.

What would you have them do? Make a new continent entirely up? It's not CA's fault that most of the more important, well known, well documented, and more appealing eras in history revolved around the Mediterranean, Continental Europe, and the Middle East.

I do hope to see a China: TW but I honestly wouldn't get excited by an India: TW, Southeastern Asia: TW, or Africa: TW. Leave those sorts of projects to the modders.
    No, not a fan of the RTW era. RTW is my least played and least favorite TW game. I would probably still buy Rome 2, but a China TW, 17th century Europe TW, or hell even Empire 2 or Medieval 3 would be much preferable in my eyes. But then again I am probably in the minority.
    Last edited by Hilarion; July 13, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

WW2 wouldn't make sense if everyone was standing in a perfect line shooting at eachother

I was under the impression that CA were still following their "New game" -> "Sequel" -> "New game" -> "Sequel" format. Since Shogun II is obviously a sequel, that would mean the next game is a new title, meaning Rome II is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by .Achilles. View Post
    I was under the impression that CA were still following their "New game" -> "Sequel" -> "New game" -> "Sequel" format. Since Shogun II is obviously a sequel, that would mean the next game is a new title, meaning Rome II is impossible.
    I don't think so, since Empire and Napoleon were both new games. According to that formula, Empire would have to have been a sequel for it to work.